horrible FM reception? - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, horrible FM reception? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; ...
    Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

Re: horrible FM reception?

Quote Originally Posted by Bertha D Blues View Post
    I havenít experienced static but thereís one HD station that cuts out when I go into a valley. My main concern is that I occasionally lose FM and AM reception entirely. No stations can be heard. XM, SD and Bluetooth continue to work when this happens. Typically, the radio will work for 5-12 minutes after starting the car and then die. My dealer supposedly checked it out when CUE was updated but I doubt they did anything. Maybe thereís a bad cable connection from the antenna? Bert
    My car is having it's amplifier replaced today to fix the dead-air problem I'm having. My service rep talked to Cadillac Engineering about it. He was told that Cadillac has had problems with this amplifier. My problem is sporadic so only time will tell whether the new amp fixes it. Generally, my FM reception is good. This amplifier is located in the trunk under the package tray and, presumably, amplifies the signal from the antenna. Itís possible that those of you with reception problems may have a bad (or improperly connected) amplifier too. If I determine that the amp wasnít my problem, Iíll provide an update. Bert

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

I also await the results of your amp swap. I'll need to put tinting on to reduce the SoFL heat, but as my FM reception is also spotty, I'd hate to think that there was something wrong with the antenna and it needed changing...after I had the tint put in.

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

There are two locations on my daily commute where I always lose the signal from one HD FM station. It's temporary until I come out of the valley. Today, with the new alplifier installed there was no loss of the signal. Clearly, the old amp was weak. And since the amplifier is located under the package tray, it's easy to access for repair or replacement. Bert

jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium

do all ats models have that same amp?

J.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Yeah, I guess I have drive my car more often to see just which stations are getting hung up with static and/or fading. Good to know that the problem may be related to the amplifier and not the antenna.

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    FM and Sat reception are both very poor

DavidL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 92 Allantť, 2013 ATS4

FM and Sat reception for me are excellent.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    FM and Sat reception for me are excellent.
    I got lucky as well. I also get good FM, HD and Sat reception. I even get good sat reception inside my closed garage with a second story above it.

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Hey your car is not on a train any more: congrats! Seems to me it was on a train for a month or more

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by 73JPS View Post
    Hey your car is not on a train any more: congrats! Seems to me it was on a train for a month or more
    It finally arrived 4 weeks after it was put on a train (according to GM). As I mentioned in another post, I could have walked from the factory to the dealer sooner with 8 hours of nightly sleep and leisurely meals. But the car is great and the memory of the wait is fading fast.

I'm still surprised I can get satellite in the garage. I assumed it would be similar or more difficult to get a good signal than with GPS. Which reminds me, do these cars remember their last GPS location because when I activated OnStar from the closed garage, the operator said "I see you are at home". Also the Nav shows my current location in the garage, something no other Nav I had did, so I'm assuming it is remembering the last location with line of sight to the satellites (my driveway).

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    It finally arrived 4 weeks after it was put on a train (according to GM). As I mentioned in another post, I could have walked from the factory to the dealer sooner with 8 hours of nightly sleep and leisurely meals. But the car is great and the memory of the wait is fading fast.

I'm still surprised I can get satellite in the garage. I assumed it would be similar or more difficult to get a good signal than with GPS. Which reminds me, do these cars remember their last GPS location because when I activated OnStar from the closed garage, the operator said "I see you are at home". Also the Nav shows my current location in the garage, something no other Nav I had did, so I'm assuming it is remembering the last location with line of sight to the satellites (my driveway).
    Hello Hoosier Daddy,

Glad to hear you have your vehicle! Enjoy driving it If you ever have concerns or issues please let us know!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Anthony31188 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 AWD

anyone use pandora? I was pretty excited to see the Pandora icon on my CUE but every time I have tried it it says that there is an error

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony31188 View Post
    anyone use pandora? I was pretty excited to see the Pandora icon on my CUE but every time I have tried it it says that there is an error
    I use it everyday as my primary means of audio. Works like a champ for me. I apologize ahead of time for asking this but as an IT Manager I have learned to start at the basics when troubleshooting. Do you have your phone connected to the system with Pandora installed on it? You need the phone for the data connection as the CUE has none and you need Pandora installed.

Anthony31188 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by bravnik View Post
    I use it everyday as my primary means of audio. Works like a champ for me. I apologize ahead of time for asking this but as an IT Manager I have learned to start at the basics when troubleshooting. Do you have your phone connected to the system with Pandora installed on it? You need the phone for the data connection as the CUE has none and you need Pandora installed.
    Yeah I have pandora on my phone. Do you turn the pandora on your phone before you hit the pandora icon on the CUE? I have tried it every way and all the CUE ever says is "error- please check your audio device" or something. It's weird because when I play regular music on my iphone through the bluetooth it works fine. But like I said as son as I switch over to pandora and hit the little icon on the CUE, it's an error message right away.

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Strange but sorry I can't help as I use an Android phone. There might be a Bluetooth issue or something with the iPhone. I'm sure one of the iPhone guys will chime in on this soon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.