Window Tinting
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Window Tinting in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Going to get the windows tinted this weekend. Had my Black Raven/Morello delivered this past Sunday. Has anyone tinted their ...
    FluxTZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Window / Taillight Tinting

Going to get the windows tinted this weekend. Had my Black Raven/Morello delivered this past Sunday.

Has anyone tinted their windows with 20% or 35% and have pictures showing how it came out? I had 35% on my Mustang but always wished I had gone a little darker.

Leaning towards 20% since I feel it's dark enough that it looks great but you can still see what's going on inside.

Also - have any of you tinted your tail lights yet? I'm curious how the 3rd brake light came out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

turbo2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: Window Tinting

I did my windows at 15% and for the most part I really enjoy it. The only time I really question it is when I am backing into the garage late at night.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

mine front are 20% and my rears are 5%, its like they're painted black, I have no issue at night. If you think that it might be too light then go darker.. chances are you'll be more disappointed with too light tint.. then with too dark...I like the idea that nobody can see in the car, its none of there business.

heres mine, like I said 20% front, 5% rear, black windows on a black car especially with the chrome accenting looks damn sexy

JCulhane likes this.

breakaway87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Luxury AT

Re: Window / Taillight Tinting

I got 35% on my Black Raven/Morello Luxury. I also came from a Mustang ha! 2010 Mustang GT Grabber Blue with 3.73 rear axle package.

I would have gone darker but I don't feel like dealing with the hassle from popo or inspections. Looks really good but wish it was darker. Really made the car look a lot better though.

Black Raven / Morello Red Luxury AT RWD, Nav, Sunroof, Cold weather package. Got the all-weather floor mats, tint, and the bnr-trifecta tune and I'm trying to set some time aside to data log it before I make judgement on the tune. Initial impressions before the data log is that it is a lot of fun at the least. Did a 36/10k lease.

bboren994 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: Window / Taillight Tinting

Well, I also came from a Mustang. 2011 Mustang GT, Kona Blue, 400RWHP.....

On my Diamond Black/Morello Red ATS, I put 18% all around, and 55% on the windshield....It looks amazing!!!

see police here dont really give you issues here for tint, its great lol

FDNY-L107 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Auto RWD

I also went with 20% all around and it looks great. I've never gotten any hassels for it on any of my cars - however, it could be an excuse to get pulled over at anytime. Really helps keep the dark interior cool. If you're going to do it, go with 20% or Steve's combo 20/5%, looks great as well.

FluxTZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by breakaway87 View Post
    I got 35% on my Black Raven/Morello Luxury. I also came from a Mustang ha! 2010 Mustang GT Grabber Blue with 3.73 rear axle package.

I would have gone darker but I don't feel like dealing with the hassle from popo or inspections. Looks really good but wish it was darker. Really made the car look a lot better though.

Black Raven / Morello Red Luxury AT RWD, Nav, Sunroof, Cold weather package. Got the all-weather floor mats, tint, and the bnr-trifecta tune and I'm trying to set some time aside to data log it before I make judgement on the tune. Initial impressions before the data log is that it is a lot of fun at the least. Did a 36/10k lease.
    We have very similar taste! I went from a black 2000 Mustang V6 MT with various mods to a Black Raven/Morello Red 2.0T Performance MT RWD, Nav, and Sunroof. I did a 36/10k lease as well and will likely be looking to do a tune in the near future.

Only plans for now is likely 20% tint all the way around, new wheels, and prolly a tune. Maybe one or two other little alterations but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bboren994 View Post
    Well, I also came from a Mustang. 2011 Mustang GT, Kona Blue, 400RWHP.....

On my Diamond Black/Morello Red ATS, I put 18% all around, and 55% on the windshield....It looks amazing!!!
    Great minds think alike. 18% all around is pretty dark as it is. I like the 55% on the windshield look but I'm too much of a wuss to go that far, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY-L107 View Post
    I also went with 20% all around and it looks great. I've never gotten any hassels for it on any of my cars - however, it could be an excuse to get pulled over at anytime. Really helps keep the dark interior cool. If you're going to do it, go with 20% or Steve's combo 20/5%, looks great as well.
    Seems like 20% will be the way to go based off feedback so far. Thanks for your comments!

MyfirstCad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Thundergray 13 ATS Performance V6

It tinted my Thunder gray chromaflair with 3m crystalline 50% all around. Don't need the attention here in Cali.

goesquik is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by FluxTZ
    Seems like 20% will be the way to go based off feedback so far. Thanks for your comments!
    I concur, 20% will be what I'm going with on my Black Raven with black leather.

Still have my 2011 GT... no tint though, keeps it looking stock and less likely to be pulled over.

lol I hate tintless cars, it feels like a bubble.. and I like knowing people cant see me haha

duke27 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Escalade, 2013 2.0T Performance ATS

im not sure if this link will work or not but, i have a picture of 35% tint on mine, i think its plenty dark
    http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/dd...ibrary/?page=1

----------

only the darker picture is with the tint currently
    pever, pever, Apt956 and 1 others like this.

God I love morelo red!!!

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Please forgive my ignorance, although I'm trying to educate myself. Which is darker, higher % or lower %? Does 20% mean that 20% of visible light is passing through or 20% is reflected? I have white diamond paint and I’m not sure that a tint would look good. Bert

lower percent is darker.

I.E 50% window tint allows 50% of light to enter

5% only allows 5% of light to enter the car

the tint % isn't the depth of colour, its the percentage of light it allows through

-Personally I think White and black cars look good with black windows.
    duke27 and duke27 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.