Anyone buying or debating getting a tune? Would luv some feedback
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Anyone buying or debating getting a tune? Would luv some feedback in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have a black raven 2.0 turbo auto performance and I am really wanting a CAI, custom exhaust, and a ...
    Groomie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadllac ATS Performance 2.0 T Black Raven

Anyone buying or debating getting a tune? Would luv some feedback

I have a black raven 2.0 turbo auto performance and I am really wanting a CAI, custom exhaust, and a tune. I luv my ats and got rid of a 09 custom hemi orange challenger srt 8 with custom built 426 with magna super charger. Man that beast was
    not only pretty and heavy but loaded with 653 rwhp pushing about 800 hp at thei crank. I am not trying to do that with the ATS just would like some small mods with maybe a hand held tuner. You guys got any ideas or thoughts on how or who can
    help me make this happen. Any thoughts or comments are more than welcome

I hope you all are enjoying your caddy's as much as I am. Thank you Cadillac for
    design and also the customers service. Cadillac is making America proud

O.k. Nuff rambling let the thoughts commece

Thanks
    Groomie

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stevo Supremo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Re: Anyone buying or debating getting a tune? Would luv some feedback

Pics of said Challenger!

'n yes, I'm getting mine tuned in the coming months. In the mean time though I'm getting it dropped 1.5-2", getting a custom Intake and DP made as well, possibly a fully cat back w/ Electric cutout.

I'm just waiting to get the tune done because

1) want to make sure I dont have a lemon car
    2)getting my bolt ons first

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT

A question re: the cable. Maybe I am not understanding something (as I am not extremely familiar with this subject), but I don't see why one cable would be able to read and write while another would only presumably be able to read. This seems to be implied when reading the BNR website. The cable is simply a medium through which a signal travels. In other words, if a cable can read (i.e., receive a signal from the car), why can't the cable transmit a signal to the car (i.e., write)?

I see there is a mention of "commanded speed" for reading/writing. I can understand how a bandwidth requirement could come into play, but that seems interface dependent (e.g., USB 1.0 v. FireWire), and only related (although to a much lesser extent) to the type of materials used to make the cable (e.g., conductivity properties of the metal). I'm not saying that you are incorrect, I am just looking for more technical information to help me understand.

Additionally, I am under the impression that the ECU utilizes "look-up tables" to determine boost pressure, air fuel ratio, etc. to achieve the desired 272 hp output. If this is correct, does the tune simply amend the "look-up tables" to have data providing greater power output? Additionally, with "select-a-tune," does the ECU house the factory "look-up tables" as well as the new "look-up tables," then use the appropriate table based on user input?

Thanks for the help.

Groomie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadllac ATS Performance 2.0 T Black Raven

Stevo,

My thoughts exactly. I want to do my bolt on's before I get the tune as I also do not want mine to be a lemon. But, I am anxious and ready for some of these aftermarket things to start appearing.
    I think I am going to black it all out also.

Thanks,

Groomie

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    I'm certain there's an IC inside the cable that makes it "active" therefore allowing it to read and write. The USB cable is merely the data bus, a programmer would need this IC in order to write data.

TMAC2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

I am interested in adding a tune to my ATS and soon. I have added mods to cars within the 1st week I have owned them. I don't plan to added the exhaust as much as I would like it. I just leased mine and plan to get into the ATS-V or a CTS-V Wagon later so I don't want to put much into my 2.0T. I am normally a huge modification geek but I promised myself I would take it easy with this car.

turbo2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

I have the Trifecta tune, and it has turned my 2.0T into a much better performance car. I think I finally got one of the major performance companies to build an intake and hope to see product by the end of the week. The great thing about Trifecta tunes is that with data logging and email tunes I can get it the car retuned for no charge!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo2.0 View Post
    I have the Trifecta tune, and it has turned my 2.0T into a much better performance car. I think I finally got one of the major performance companies to build an intake and hope to see product by the end of the week. The great thing about Trifecta tunes is that with data logging and email tunes I can get it the car retuned for no charge!
    thats sorta vague though, is it a real 'oomph" you can feel? or is it just a little bit better in the performance department? can you video tape the speedo in a WOT pull?

I will say this, it out ran a stock 2.0T by a full half second at the track

you serious?^ are you sure the other driver wasn't botching each gear? because that sounds just too good to be true lol! half a second off 1/4 mile is quite a jump

the other driver didnt have as many runs in as I did that night, but we did learn that you can't disable the TC if you have low tire pressure. I can say that I have let multiple people at my dealership drive the car since the tune was done and they all said they noticed a drastic change in power and powerband. Bad News Racing for the win!

bluhaven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 luxury ATS 2.0 Turbo 6sp auto

I will say this, it out ran a stock 2.0T by a full half second at the track
    What times did you run at the track, I ran a 8.94@78 mph bone stock.

Kevin

I saw your post on that, and I have my questions about the times but that is for another thread. I did a 14.5@96

bluhaven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 luxury ATS 2.0 Turbo 6sp auto

I saw your post on that, and I have my questions about the times but that is for another thread. I did a 14.5@96
    I'd like to see your time slip to be able to compare. Weather and track elevation play a big part in times.

Kevin

14.5 is quite respectable. Whats odd though is that the cobalt SS turbocharged runs 14.2 stock and yet this car has 12 more HP than it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.