Memory seat
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Memory seat in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Just picked up my ATS Saturday, The salesperson's product knowledge was terrible. he showed me how to program the easy ...
    pa2wheelrider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

Unhappy Memory seat

Just picked up my ATS Saturday, The salesperson's product knowledge was terrible. he showed me how to program the easy
    exit drivers seat but when i get in the car it stays in the back position. I have to press and hold memory 1 for the seat to go back to my driver position, I can use any help you can give, thanks
    Bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Re: Memory seat

The seat can be set to move when a) you open the door, or b) when you start the car (not the remote, just the ignition). The remote interacts differently and so does OnStar and so does it depend on which remote fob was last in the car relative to the OnStar remote start - I think. Also, have you also set Personalized Settings on?

Yes personalized setting is on, when i turn the car off and open the door the seat goes back to let me exit, but when i get back in and start the car the seat stays in the exit position

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

I had the same problem. There is an update for it. It is connected with the reverse mirror tilt problem. Have you tried the mirror tilt? Try that and if that has issues as well you probably need the update. After I got the update ive had no issues.

Yes i have the tilt in reverse function and its working fine, Also i may ad the dealer installed the latest software the day before i picked up the car.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Pa2wheelrider, I see that you're engaged with forum members and wanted to let you know I'm available if you have any lingering concerns along the way. I'm sorry you were experiencing these frustrations, and please contact me anytime if you would like me to document your dealer feedback or investigate further. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

If you got the memory seat update, the memory "set" procedure changes. Instead of holding the set button and pressing 1 or 2 of your memory buttons, you must now push set.....release.....then push button 1 or 2 until you hear the beep. You no longer hold both set and your memory buttons together. Also make sure you have memory recall to on in your personalized settings. I had this same problem until a fellow poster alerted me to the change.

Thank you very much

moshe-sz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If anyone can help. Had new seat software loaded by the dealer in Israel. All is programmed correctly. Now seat doesn't move to memory position at door open or ignition key on. Only after pressing 1 or 2 memory keys?
    Moshe

----------

If anyone can help. Had new seat software loaded by the dealer in Israel. All is programmed correctly. Now seat doesn't move to memory position at door open or ignition key on. Only after pressing 1 or 2 memory keys?
    Moshe

Lorne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo Performance Manual

Moshe,

That's the way the seats are set up -- you have to hold the button down each time you want to change seat position. I recommend not setting an exit seat position if it's not necessary.

MASCAD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6 2013; CTS-V COUPE 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    Moshe,

That's the way the seats are set up -- you have to hold the butkey fob positionton down each time you want to change seat position. I recommend not setting an exit seat position if it's not necessary.
    The seat should move to the correct key fob position either upon opening the door or engaging the start button depending on how it is setup in CUE. Also the seat should move to either #1 or #2 position if you just lightly tap the button. If you hold the button fully down the you will have to keep if depressed until the seat gets to the correct position. The seat will also stop moving if the button is released from the fully depressed position. This is the correct function of the seat and if it isn't working this way there is a problem in the system. Could be a software issue or maybe a defected switch or ???

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by MASCAD View Post
    Also the seat should move to either #1 or #2 position if you just lightly tap the button. If you hold the button fully down the you will have to keep if depressed until the seat gets to the correct position. The seat will also stop moving if the button is released from the fully depressed position. This is the correct function of the seat and if it isn't working this way there is a problem in the system. Could be a software issue or maybe a defected switch or ???
    IF the car is on and in park, that is how it is intended to function. Any other combo and you must hold the button.

Also, there are threads discussing these various issues ad nauseum.

MASCAD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6 2013; CTS-V COUPE 2011

Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
    IF the car is on and in park, that is how it is intended to function. Any other combo and you must hold the button.

Also, there are threads discussing these various issues ad nauseum.
    Very true in both cases! Don't want to have the seat, mirrors and possibly the steering wheel move while the vehicle is in motion due to accidental contact with the button.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by MASCAD View Post
    Very true in both cases! Don't want to have the seat, mirrors and possibly the steering wheel move while the vehicle is in motion due to accidental contact with the button.
    I can just about force myself to understand Caddy's safety concerns with having the seats/mirrors accidentally move while the car is in motion; however, I feel that they have caused more issues with the way they have approached this "perceived" problem. Just look at the confusion about how the seat buttons work: Car in park, car in drive, car not on, car on...hold button, tap button...too many combination...give me a break...I don't believe that any other car manufacture has gone to these contorted lengths to satisfy those few incompetents who may be "fumbling" (would have to be a fumbling incompetent as who would believe that one would accidentally hit the set buttons) with the seat setting buttons. With these ridiculous seat setting machinations, Caddy may have actually decreased safety conditions in that right now there probably are many new owners out there that are fumbling around with their seat setting as they are driving. Come on Caddy, you can easily reprogram so that the ATS seat setting will be as we are used to having: Regardless of the the car's operating mode: Tap Set, tap 1 or 2 to set seat position. Tap 1 or 2 to position personal seat setting. BTW, with all this holding of the button while driving, didn't Cadd yconsider that the driver is now driving with one hand???

moshe-sz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    Moshe,

That's the way the seats are set up -- you have to hold the button down each time you want to change seat position. I recommend not setting an exit seat position if it's not necessary.
    Thanks a lot. It is strange. If the CUE allows you to program set to seat memory, for example at ignition on, so why the seat is not going into memory position? And only after holding the #1 button? It doesn't make sense!. I had a CTS before and all functioned correctly. The dealer in Israel doesn't know how to correct and is talking to GM. It actually happen after software upgrade done. Before it worked, but had other problem of not allowing to program a new seat position memory.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks,
    Moshe

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.