Full bulb replacement guide - wanted
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Full bulb replacement guide - wanted in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Does anybody have a full bulb size/type replacement guide yet? I want to switch all my lights to LED.... Interior ...
    bboren994 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Full bulb replacement guide - wanted

Does anybody have a full bulb size/type replacement guide yet? I want to switch all my lights to LED....

Interior Dome/Map light ---
    License Plate lights ---
    Reverse lights ---
    etc.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Re: Full bulb replacement guide - wanted

yeah a guide would be nice.. I just replaced my reverse lamp with bright white LEDS, in the owners manual it shows you how to replace (With pics) the reverse/license plate lights and tells you the bulb type

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    yeah a guide would be nice.. I just replaced my reverse lamp with bright white LEDS, in the owners manual it shows you how to replace (With pics) the reverse/license plate lights and tells you the bulb type
    Great info. Exactly what I want to do. Thanks.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

no problem^ section 10-30 is how to replace those two bulbs, they're

Exterior Lamp_________________Bulb number
    Back-Up Lamp___________________921 (W16W)
    License Plate Lamp_______________W5W LL

but yeah bright white LEDS look a million times better there then yellow halogens that come with it, and they're nice and bright to

AdamVIP is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Has anyone figured out what the front turn signal bulbs are on the hid setup is? It bugs me that they used incandescent when everything else on the exterior is led. Also if anyone knows how to get to them that would be great too. It looks pretty inaccessible from the hood. Perhaps from underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamVIP View Post
    Has anyone figured out what the front turn signal bulbs are on the hid setup is? It bugs me that they used incandescent when everything else on the exterior is led. Also if anyone knows how to get to them that would be great too. It looks pretty inaccessible from the hood. Perhaps from underneath.
    Not sure what the turn signal bulbs are. But, to get to the headlight assembly, to take it out, you must take off the entire bumper. This is what I had to do to change my Halogens to HID's.... Big Pain in the @ss

duke27 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Escalade, 2013 2.0T Performance ATS

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    Where did you get the LED bulbs for the license plate, i cant find them anywhere. It adds a nice touch to the car

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    Putco 280002w stick LED (white) b type for the plate light (194)

Putco 230921w-360 (white) for the reverse (921)

Putco is coming out with a newer 360bulb shortly that will be twice as bright. The current one I listed is ok and I haven't had any issues backing up but I always did find their 360 bulbs used as reverse could always be brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by duke27 View Post
    Where did you get the LED bulbs for the license plate, i cant find them anywhere. It adds a nice touch to the car
    The interior dome lights, the trunk light, and the license plate lights are all (194 bulb). The Reverse lights can use either a (194 bulb) or a (921 bulb). They have the same wedge base, but the difference is the 921 has a bigger bulb.

You can get all of these bulbs at vleds.com or superbrightleds.com

netring is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Can you guys link to specific ones? When i search on superbrightleds there are varying size of actual bulb for each type. The only lights i plan on replacing are trunk, license plate and reverse. I tried leds in the cabin once before and it was simply annoyingly bright and i felt like i was on a podium.Also, how about these bulbs:
    http://www.amazon.com/42-SMD-Replace...ywords=921+led
    or
    http://www.amazon.com/68-SMD-Replace...ywords=921+led

Can you guys link to specific ones? When i search on superbrightleds there are varying size of actual bulb for each type. The only lights i plan on replacing are trunk, license plate and reverse. I tried leds in the cabin once before and it was simply annoyingly bright and i felt like i was on a podium.Also, how about these bulbs:
    The interior dome lights, the trunk light, and the license plate lights are all (194 bulb). The Reverse lights can use either a (194 bulb) or a (921 bulb). They have the same wedge base, but the difference is the 921 has a bigger bulb.

You can get all of these bulbs at vleds.com or superbrightleds.com

netring is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Can someone who has changed out their lights with leds post pictures at night and provide links to which bulb they purchased? I would really appreciate it, because having an extremely bright license plate light is something i don't wish to get.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.