Bluetooth sounds terrible.. (No Cue)
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Bluetooth sounds terrible.. (No Cue) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; My First Post I think...I had a CTS Awd for the last 3 years and just decided to switch to ...
    JoeyCts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts

Bluetooth sounds terrible.. (No Cue)

My First Post I think...I had a CTS Awd for the last 3 years and just decided to switch to the Ats AWD 2.0T.. I absoultly love the drive .. I could not spring for the cue system. So I have the Standard system.. When I am in the car talking to people on the bluetooth they tell me I sound like im under water.. Basically it sounds terrible.. I heard it for myself everytime my wife calls me.. This is a huge disappointment cause my cts sounded so good.. I also hear tons of background noise. We both have the iphone 4s. I was wonder if anyone else was experiencing this problem or should I bring it back to the dealer.. The car is two weeks Old.
    On a side note when I adjust the tone Eq to talk in the audio setting it does sound better, but im sacraficing my radio cause all the tone setting are lowered..

Thanks Joey

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Bluetooth sounds terrible.. (No Cue)

JoeyCts, I'm so sorry to hear you've been experiencing this frustration with your new ATS! Have you already attempted to turn off the Echo and Noise cancellation feature on your phone, if supported? Page 7-22 of your owners manual give you Audio System details as well as Bluetooth Audio Quality information. However, if you troubleshoot from the manual and remain concerned, then I do recommend bringing your concerns to your dealer's attention. And if you have any lingering questions or would like assistance working with your dealer, please let me know! I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

I have the base radio as well and while the bluetooth isn't stellar, its not bad either (IMO)

JoeyCts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    JoeyCts, I'm so sorry to hear you've been experiencing this frustration with your new ATS! Have you already attempted to turn off the Echo and Noise cancellation feature on your phone, if supported? Page 7-22 of your owners manual give you Audio System details as well as Bluetooth Audio Quality information. However, if you troubleshoot from the manual and remain concerned, then I do recommend bringing your concerns to your dealer's attention. And if you have any lingering questions or would like assistance working with your dealer, please let me know! I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Thanks for the feed back.. I'm pretty sure iphone's don't have any echo or noise cancelation feature you can turn off. I have read Section 7-22 in the manual. More on how to use the system. What does the Eq setting achieve? I can pick from custom and talk. I figure talk had to be set up for a reason, I wish it would switch to it when only the bluetooth was activated. When the Eq is switch to talk all of the tones are lower ...Making the radio sound can we say not so good ...

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCts View Post
    Thanks for the feed back.. I'm pretty sure iphone's don't have any echo or noise cancelation feature you can turn off. I have read Section 7-22 in the manual. More on how to use the system. What does the Eq setting achieve? I can pick from custom and talk. I figure talk had to be set up for a reason, I wish it would switch to it when only the bluetooth was activated. When the Eq is switch to talk all of the tones are lower ...Making the radio sound can we say not so good ...
    JoeyCTS, the EQ (Equalizer) is a tone settings optional feature adjusts the pre-defined EQ modes. See “EQ (Equalizer) Settings” in AM-FM Radio on page 7‑9 for directions. If you'd like me to investigate further for you, I'm happy to do so! Please email me anytime at the address above, and including the last eight of your VIN in your message would be very helpful.

Best,

Katie

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.