Blow off valve/Toronto Tuner
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Blow off valve/Toronto Tuner in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; If I REALLY wanted a BOV, is that possible on this car? I love the sound of them but I ...
    Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Blow off valve/Toronto Tuner

If I REALLY wanted a BOV, is that possible on this car? I love the sound of them but I dont know if they're vehicle specific and where I could find one and how much work it would be to do it, I've never owned a turbo car so helpful feedback is appreciated

Also, Is there a Tuner near Toronto Ontario that someone knows of on here?

thanks in advance I just got this car and was wondering about those two things.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

turbo2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: Blow off valve/Toronto Tuner

Not sure about a BOV, but Bad News Racing is a great place to look at for tuning. I got my Trifecta tune done through them via email and I have nothing but great things to say about them and their product.

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

You can't run a blow off valve on this car yet because it uses an electronic by-pass valve. Weird I know. I'm sure someone will develop a replacement for it that will make more noise though. Although if you get an intake the stock by-pass valve will be much, much louder.

you guys know anybody offering an intake for these yet?

lol thats what I'm waiting on^ an intake, I see D3 has one on there ATS.. but it seems you cant buy it

D3 knows to expect my weekly phone call to see where they are at on their intake systems. The system that you see on their black car is not going to be the one they release, it will be more like the the system they use on the CTS V. I have tried to get information from KPE about the intake systems, but they seem a little further away than D3.

haha awesome though! ^ keep on 'em! I'll buy one right away.. infact.. I'm RRREEAAALLLYYY surprised K&N haven't been all over this yet.

Should I wait to get the intake before I get my car tuned? (I'll asume the answer is yes, just thought I'd ask)

and is there ANYONE in the GTA that does tuning on ATS's? I dont mind ordering through BNR and doing it myself, but I'd feel safer having someone who knows this stuff well doing it instead.

We're the only people tuning them that I'm aware of. If you're concerned about messing up the flash process I can remote control your laptop and do it for you if you park somewhere with an Internet connection

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    We're the only people tuning them that I'm aware of. If you're concerned about messing up the flash process I can remote control your laptop and do it for you if you park somewhere with an Internet connection
    After Pm'ing back and fourth I'm feeling more confident in doing this and I will be ordering a tune in the coming months I also have internet at my house so remote access is a great idea for this, thanks for being promt as well with your pm's!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo
    haha awesome though! ^ keep on 'em! I'll buy one right away.. infact.. I'm RRREEAAALLLYYY surprised K&N haven't been all over this yet.

Should I wait to get the intake before I get my car tuned? (I'll asume the answer is yes, just thought I'd ask)

and is there ANYONE in the GTA that does tuning on ATS's? I dont mind ordering through BNR and doing it myself, but I'd feel safer having someone who knows this stuff well doing it instead.
    I'm really not surprised that K&N hasn't come out with anything, keep in mind that still haven't released an intake system for the current CTS V.

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

Lots of great tuners in the GTA. My STI had lots of aftermarket support. I used Cobbs access port. Great
    Handheld tuner obII reader,holds limitless maps. Also allows pro tuning on street or dyno, clears and reads codes and you can set tons of perameters.

Internet tuning scares me. Sorry.
    Sending my VIN #. Why?

I'm hoping Cobb releases support for the 2.0T really hoping in fact I will send them an email.

I go to the "first Thursdy" meets that they have every month, and at this time they have no interest in getting into tuning on Cadillacs. Why would you look for Cobb tuning on a domestic anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Siren05 View Post
    Lots of great tuners in the GTA. My STI had lots of aftermarket support. I used Cobbs access port. Great
    Handheld tuner obII reader,holds limitless maps. Also allows pro tuning on street or dyno, clears and reads codes and you can set tons of perameters.

Internet tuning scares me. Sorry.
    Sending my VIN #. Why?

I'm hoping Cobb releases support for the 2.0T really hoping in fact I will send them an email.
    Why does it scare you to send us your VIN? I'm sure with your COBB hand held you probably had to read an image of the ECM right? Your VIN is in that image. We need your VIN so we can program it into the tune that we send you. If the tune doesn't have your VIN in it, the ECM will reject it. We've tuned over 2000 GM 2.0T cars, you have nothing to be scared of.

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

What kind of power can we expect with a tune? WHP and drive-ability wise?

drivability is amazing, it is a stock tune unless you put it in sport mode. When you put it in sport mode it is simply a faster version of what it was!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.