Odometer Issues?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Odometer Issues? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; When I first got my ATS, I knew I was excited to have it so I drove it a little ...
    Bullsweet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS - 2.0T Performance

Odometer Issues?

When I first got my ATS, I knew I was excited to have it so I drove it a little bit more than I usually drove (my drive to work was only around 115 miles a week). I thought my mileage was showing up higher than it should've been however I shrugged it off but today after a day of driving, I'm thinking I may have a problem with my odometer. I drove my car a distance that couldn't have been more than 50 miles but my car indicates I went 100. I even put it in google maps and confirmed that I wasn't losing it.

Has anyone else noticed any funny business with their Odometer? I'm going to make an appointment with my dealer tomorrow however I wanted to check here and see if anyone else has noticed anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Its an ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullsweet
    When I first got my ATS, I knew I was excited to have it so I drove it a little bit more than I usually drove (my drive to work was only around 115 miles a week). I thought my mileage was showing up higher than it should've been however I shrugged it off but today after a day of driving, I'm thinking I may have a problem with my odometer. I drove my car a distance that couldn't have been more than 50 miles but my car indicates I went 100. I even put it in google maps and confirmed that I wasn't losing it.

Has anyone else noticed any funny business with their Odometer? I'm going to make an appointment with my dealer tomorrow however I wanted to check here and see if anyone else has noticed anything.
    Hmmm. Keep us updated!

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Re: Odometer Issues?

That is very strange, and scary if you have a lease.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Bullsweet, I'm pleased to see you're already planning on visiting your dealer today for an official diagnosis. If you have any questions along the way or would like Customer Service to step in and follow up with your dealer at any point, let me know! I'm happy to help where I can and am available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

Im going to pay attention next time I drive, because this exact thought crossed me mind the other day. My odo looks really high and I barely drive the car.

I had my car repaired and requested they take a look at the odometer. I was told that the only issues they've seen with them is that they go black and are not visible. I was told that if I wanted to test it, I would need to get on the highway and check it between mile markers. I was annoyed but I'll check it. I think something is wrong because based on the Odometer, I've put more miles on this car(in 3 months) than I've put on my other car while it was my daily driver (4 month span). I'll go out tomorrow and check it. Maybe I'm crazy but I don't think I've driven that much in this car (considering I still drive my other car also).

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Bullsweet View Post
    I had my car repaired and requested they take a look at the odometer. I was told that the only issues they've seen with them is that they go black and are not visible. I was told that if I wanted to test it, I would need to get on the highway and check it between mile markers. I was annoyed but I'll check it. I think something is wrong because based on the Odometer, I've put more miles on this car(in 3 months) than I've put on my other car while it was my daily driver (4 month span). I'll go out tomorrow and check it. Maybe I'm crazy but I don't think I've driven that much in this car (considering I still drive my other car also).
    I know you said it was reading double in your first post. Was that exactly double? Any chance its actually the ratio between miles and KMs? Maybe its just displaying KMs instead of miles (regardless of what the legend says they are)?

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

There were comments about this occurrence some time back where others had noticed the same thing. I can't find it at the moment but the thread seemed to fizzle as if it was a simple fix. However, you must be getting something like 50 mpg on the DIC. (Just trying to look at the bright side.) Ξ:^) Bert

Sorry I've been away much too long (started a new job). It seems better and more inline after the cue update our art least that's what I'm telling myself considering my new cue issues. I'll soon be doing a short road trip in 2 cars so I'll compare the mileage of the cars. I'll also check to see if the mileage is incorrectly displaying as miles when it's really km (thanks for the tip).

Shelia6452 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

I just received my car in 7/30/13 and this car has over 3,000 miles on this car and I have taken it in to the dealership twice, the first time the sevice person is telling me there is no way he can check the Odometer on my car then I call his manager and he told him to set the road trip meter on my car so I can check it with that and I told him how in Gods name is that is going to tell you anything. When I got the car there were only 84 miles on the car not even having the car for a full two months and have 2869 on this car and I have not been any place but to work and back this is crazy. I need some help and I need this corrected real soon. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.