Trunk opening on its own - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trunk opening on its own in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have this problem pretty regularly on my ATS. Wouldn't be much of an issue if it just unlocked, but ...
    benatgeo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Re: Trunk opening on its own

I have this problem pretty regularly on my ATS. Wouldn't be much of an issue if it just unlocked, but popping it open telegraphs it all passers by. Big button and long signal range are the culprits for me, I suspect. Seems to happen more often with certain pants...

Are there any customization options here to save me? I saw mention that Buick offered an option to do a double click rather than a single. Could the trunk remote be disabled altogether?

TY

Six-String is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

It's a poorly designed key fob. It's too large, and it should have a double-tap feature to keep the trunk from opening whenever something else in your pocket brushes against the fob. Twice today coworkers (two different occasions) walked past and said "you know your trunk's open". Argh!

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

There's a fob reprogram available that changes the trunk open command from a quick tap of the button to press and hold for two seconds. There's more info about it in another thread on here.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Six-String View Post
    It's a poorly designed key fob. It's too large, and it should have a double-tap feature to keep the trunk from opening whenever something else in your pocket brushes against the fob. Twice today coworkers (two different occasions) walked past and said "you know your trunk's open". Argh!
    Hi Six-String,

I can understand how the trunk on your ATS popping open would be frustrating and I apologize for any inconvenience it has caused. If you would like to take your ATS to the dealership to have this concern looked at, please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information, and I would be happy to contact them on your behalf.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

ontogenesis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX 3.6, 2013 ATS 2.0T
    I got my bcm reprogrammed to eliminate this issue. I have to hold for two seconds, but I'm very happy with not coming back to the parking lot and finding my trunk open.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ontogenesis View Post
    I got my bcm reprogrammed to eliminate this issue. I have to hold for two seconds, but I'm very happy with not coming back to the parking lot and finding my trunk open.
    Hello ontogenesis,

I am glad to hear that the reprogramming of your key fob has addressed your concern and that you haven’t experienced walking out to the parking lot to find your trunk open. Thanks for posting your experiencing with reprogramming, and please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via private message if you have any future questions.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.