Tire pressure monitor questions.
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Tire pressure monitor questions. in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Ford/Lincoln vehicles will automatically sync to the sensors in the wheels, I assume based on getting a signal from the ...
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Tire pressure monitor questions.

Ford/Lincoln vehicles will automatically sync to the sensors in the wheels, I assume based on getting a signal from the same sensor over time. Does the ATS do the same thing? i.e if you buy a set of winter tire/wheels and sensors will the car automatically learn them?

And looking way down the road, does anyone know the expected battery life for the sensors?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

turbo2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: Tire pressure monitor questions.

they claim anywhere from 6-10 years, but they have to be learned to the vehicle anytime they are replaced.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by turbo2.0 View Post
    ..... but they have to be learned to the vehicle anytime they are replaced.
    Thanks for the battery life estimate.

Do you happen to know if syncing to the car is automatic as on some other brands or requires some device or dealer intervention as on some other brands?

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    You need to use the tech tool (I have winter tires on now). The procedure in the CTS manual may work (deflate the tires in a certain order) however it's not referenced in the ATS manual and I didn't try. The dealer said they'd do it for free whenever it's needed.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hoosier Daddy,

There is a process in the 2012 ATS owner's manual for matching the TPMS sensors. I have included it below.

All the best,
    Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

"The TPMS sensor matching process is:
    1. Set the parking brake.
    2. Place the vehicle power mode in ON/RUN/START. See Ignition Positions on page 9‑16.
    3. Make sure the Tire Pressure info display option is turned on. The info displays on the DIC can be turned on and off through the Settings menu. See Driver
    Information Center (DIC) on page 5‑26.
    4. Use the five-way DIC control on the right side of the steering wheel to scroll to the Tire Pressure screen under the DIC info page. See Driver Information Center (DIC) on page 5‑26.
    5. Press and hold the SEL button located in the center of the five-way DIC control. The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode and the TIRE LEARNING
    ACTIVE message displays on the DIC screen.
    6. Start with the driver side front tire.
    7. Place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor. A horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.
    8. Proceed to the passenger side front tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 7.
    9. Proceed to the passenger side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 7.
    10. Proceed to the driver side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 7. The horn sounds two times to indicate the sensor identification code has been matched to the driver side rear tire, and the TPMS sensor matching process is no longer active. The TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message on the DIC display screen goes off.
    11. Press STOP to turn the ignition off.
    12. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the Tire and Loading Information label."

~from p. 10-55 and 10-56 of the 2013 ATS Manual

C5V2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTSV Coupe

Had new wheels installed at Discount tires today. They were unable to switch the TPMS's. Had to buy a new set that are not specific for the ATS & they don't seem to be functioning correctly. Anyone else experience this problem of the TPMS's not coming out of the OEM wheels?

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    I bought a complete set of wheels/tires/sensors and have had no issues, the dealer programmed them for me free of charge and stated they would continue to do so each time it's needed. I got all of my stuff from Tire Rack.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by C5V2 View Post
    Had new wheels installed at Discount tires today. They were unable to switch the TPMS's. Had to buy a new set that are not specific for the ATS & they don't seem to be functioning correctly. Anyone else experience this problem of the TPMS's not coming out of the OEM wheels?
    I have the same problem. Used the wheels/sensors I had on my CTS two years ago. Added new tires and got them set correctly. After ten minutes of driving I lost their signal. I have the tool at home, so I reset them again and the same thing happened after several minutes of driving. These sensors are aftermarket (Schraeder) and were only used for a couple of months before I removed the set of wheels/tires and stored them in my shed. Twenty months later I did the switch to the ATS.
    The only thing I can figure is possibly the heat in the shed ruined the battery life of the sensors. I am going to order a new set of OEM ATS specific sensors and have them installed and see what happens.

Meanwhile I have a complete set of 18" polished wheels/tires off my ATS sitting in my shed again. Hope I don't "kill" the batteries in these.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.