Exhaust Work - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Exhaust Work in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Atswatcher Reducing weight at the very bottom of the car should not be a priority, since it ...
    Rozay619 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Honda Accord / bye bye ATS LEMON

Re: Exhaust Work

Quote Originally Posted by Atswatcher View Post
    Reducing weight at the very bottom of the car should not be a priority, since it raises the center of gravity. Good clean sound is the goal of course.
    The weight reduction wasn't even an issue, more of an afterthought!

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    MAGNAFLOW has issued a part number 15194 for 2.0L and 15196 for 3.6L. However these are just recently added which means 3-6 months for actual product

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

They did the same thing for the CTS coupe when it came out. I waited 6+ months for the part to be available.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    They did the same thing for the CTS coupe when it came out. I waited 6+ months for the part to be available.
    I'm too impatient to wait 6 months.. plus the cost of it is going to be close to double what an exhaust/muffler shop would charge, IMO..

Pfadt Engineering is offline Authorized Vendor PLATINUM
    Automobile(s): The Pfadt ATS

Quote Originally Posted by Rozay619 View Post
    Hey guys, I am going to get some exhaust work done tomorrow, since there is no cat-back or axle-back exhaust systems available yet. Not really concerned with the performance increase as much as i would like to hear the vehicle purr... Any suggestions, I’m thinking of removing the large resonator at the back and the smaller one in the middle back of the vehicle and use 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 straight tubing from what looks like the Catylic Converter. I want the tail pipes to look the same as they do now. I am assuming this picture is correct; I circled the 2 in yellow i think are resonators, and the red i think is the Cat... please correct me if I am wrong. Any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike,

Nice work on getting a jump on your exhaust work. Contrary to that one other poster, I do believe the red circled piece is a cat. There is a close coupled cat in the downpipe and this is the secondary cat. I have not cut one open, but from the GM CAD models, it shows a matrix inside of it, not baffles like a resonator. I could be wrong.

We'll be launching our downpipe soon, picked up 15 hp on the dyno, downpipe only.

Downpipe - small.jpg

-Aaron
    Aaron Pfadt
    Pfadt Race Engineering
    888-972-2464
    www.pfadtracing.com
    info@pfadtracing.com

Here is two quick sound clips of my exhaust... Ill be trying the Go Pro tomorrow if the weather holds up.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RRZlKk-...e_gdata_player

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=frKvt32EJvk

Hopefully the links work.

Mike

Its an ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by ewired
    MAGNAFLOW has issued a part number 15194 for 2.0L and 15196 for 3.6L. However these are just recently added which means 3-6 months for actual product
    Just talked my magnaflow rep. Those are for the RWD ATS, their engineer will be modifying to work with the AWD in the future.

FDNY-L107 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Auto RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Pfadt Engineering View Post
    Mike,

Nice work on getting a jump on your exhaust work. Contrary to that one other poster, I do believe the red circled piece is a cat. There is a close coupled cat in the downpipe and this is the secondary cat. I have not cut one open, but from the GM CAD models, it shows a matrix inside of it, not baffles like a resonator. I could be wrong.

We'll be launching our downpipe soon, picked up 15 hp on the dyno, downpipe only.

Attachment 104254

-Aaron
    I have a call into GM to identify that part number and description. Will post the information as soon as I received confirmation back from GM. Thanks.

I just finished changing out the exhaust as Rozay619 did. Put in the Magnaflow "Camaro" muffler and took out the mid resonator and large rear muffler. Actually the sound seems to be slightly quieter at idle, but still sounds very nice at 6500 rpm. Weighed all the pieces removed and reinstalled and have a net loss of 23.7#. New muffler 12.6#, old middy 7.8#, and large rear 28.6#. At normal cruising speed (60-70 mph) the system is quieter with no drone at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    I just finished changing out the exhaust as Rozay619 did. Put in the Magnaflow "Camaro" muffler and took out the mid resonator and large rear muffler. Actually the sound seems to be slightly quieter at idle, but still sounds very nice at 6500 rpm. Weighed all the pieces removed and reinstalled and have a net loss of 23.7#. New muffler 12.6#, old middy 7.8#, and large rear 28.6#. At normal cruising speed (60-70 mph) the system is quieter with no drone at all.
    Not a huge change, but nice IMO... what are your thoughts so far?? I'm sure yours sounds slightly different being a 6spd and mine auto..

The sound is a little less raucous, no drone. Actually quieter at idle, less harsh. Nice roar at WOT, but the best part is no drone at highway cruising speeds. Overall, I am very happy with the change.

Fraggy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Hey Rozay,
    I'm in SD too! I'd love to hear your exhaust.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Rozay and Mike,

Any concerns about warranty issues?

Just curious as I am interested in doing some mods to my 2.0...

Fraggy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I hope we get a response.

Rongotti is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have never seen adding exhaust void anything except something going wrong with the exhaust itself. I have put exhaust on my last few vehicles and never had any problem whatsoever. I plan on doing mine but am waiting for ATS specific hardware

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.