ATS and MPG - What are you getting?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS and MPG - What are you getting? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I've had my RWD ATS for about 2 weeks now, and have been averaging 19.7 MPG - combination of highway ...
    muthaiga is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

ATS and MPG - What are you getting?

I've had my RWD ATS for about 2 weeks now, and have been averaging 19.7 MPG - combination of highway and city. It's a fair bit short of the sticker which indicated 24 MPG combined, with a highway average of 31...!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lmanaro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD

Re: ATS and MPG - What are you getting?

AWD: 17 city 24 highway....wish it was higher

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

Don't trush the DIC display. My car varies by 2% above and below the displayed value. Do your own calculation.

zr1mom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Prem 2.0T AWD Black Raven Red

Quote Originally Posted by muthaiga View Post
    I've had my RWD ATS for about 2 weeks now, and have been averaging 19.7 MPG - combination of highway and city. It's a fair bit short of the sticker which indicated 24 MPG combined, with a highway average of 31...!
    This is in the same range I'm getting as well, very disappointing. I have over 3000 miles now. Very misleading on GMs part.
    muthaiga likes this.

bluhaven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 luxury ATS 2.0 Turbo 6sp auto

I'm getting 30 mpg on the highway, that's going 70 to 80 and 23 city. The DIC showed 27 mpg but I hand calculated it and it was 30 mpg.

Kevin

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT
    2.0T RWD MT - I'm getting 24.x on each tank (2500 miles on the car). On the freeway going 75, I rarely see the instantaneous break 30 mpg. Usually it is closer to 27.

Overall I'm kind of disappointed by this. I could get 35 on the freeway in my 4 cylinder 6 speed auto Malibu. Personally I think 6th is too short. 75 in 6th is over 2500 rpm. This seems a little high. Those with autos, is your 6th gear that short? I think gas mileage would be greatly improved if you were around 1500 in 6th at 75.

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

I get 30-32 on the highway when I'm cruising at ~65. But since I enjoy my ATS so much, my combined MPG is more like 18-19. I think the estimates are fair if you drive it normally. I just can't seem to drive it normally most of the time!
    Caleb Bennett likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Muthaiga, thank you for kicking off this thread! I'm sorry to hear about the disappointment many of you are having regarding your mpg, so I'll be sure to document this thread's URL for the appropriate GM teams to view. In the meantime, please private message me or email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would like me to follow up further on your individual frustrations.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

muthaiga is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

zr1mom, thanks for your reply - am I correct in that you have an AWD ATS? Mine is RWD, and I'm getting the same mpg as you...

zr1mom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Prem 2.0T AWD Black Raven Red

Quote Originally Posted by muthaiga View Post
    zr1mom, thanks for your reply - am I correct in that you have an AWD ATS? Mine is RWD, and I'm getting the same mpg as you...
    Correct I have AWD.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by bluhaven View Post
    I'm getting 30 mpg on the highway, that's going 70 to 80 and 23 city. The DIC showed 27 mpg but I hand calculated it and it was 30 mpg.

Kevin
    Damn! How can one person get 30mpg and another like me can't even break 23 mpg highway? I see like 18 city. I want you car.

mrstecks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by Yplus View Post
    I get 30-32 on the highway when I'm cruising at ~65. But since I enjoy my ATS so much, my combined MPG is more like 18-19. I think the estimates are fair if you drive it normally. I just can't seem to drive it normally most of the time!
    I agree. I did a little test and drove very sedately for a few days and got 20mpg in the city (no highway driving during this period).
    I was surprised by that, but I was also bored stiff and have since reverted to "spirited" driving and having fun... and a combined average of about 17mpg.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Yplus and Yplus like this.

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT
    I've been taking it easy on all freeway trips (30 miles round trip twice a week) and I haven't seen any benefit. While freeway driving, as previously stated, the instantaneous is usually around 27. My average (over the last two tanks) is no different than with more spirited driving - 24 combined. Additionally, I keep my data logged for every tank so I have a fairly good understanding of my fuel consumption.

Again, anyone out there that knows what their auto car in 6th is running at 70 mph (rpm wise)? I'm still convinced that the manual's 6th is too short. As opposed to 2500 at 70 I'd like to see 1500. Any thoughts?

unclemoose is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance - Radiant Silver Metallic

I've been getting 20 mpg on my DIC in my 2.0T RWD Manual. Even when I baby it, I don't get higher.

Here's a question, what's the minimum RPM that you cruise in any specific gear? I have a hard time telling when this engine is lugging at lower RPMs. I've been settling around 1500 rpm for any given gear. Some days I feel I should be higher, sometimes lower, to get maximized fuel economy.

Rozay619 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Honda Accord / bye bye ATS LEMON

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoose View Post
    I've been getting 20 mpg on my DIC in my 2.0T RWD Manual. Even when I baby it, I don't get higher.

Here's a question, what's the minimum RPM that you cruise in any specific gear? I have a hard time telling when this engine is lugging at lower RPMs. I've been settling around 1500 rpm for any given gear. Some days I feel I should be higher, sometimes lower, to get maximized fuel economy.
    I am avg. about 22MPG because my wife only does city driving. My Auto is almost always around 2000 rpm, i drive mainly freeway between 68-70 mph.
    Caleb Bennett likes this.

nmauzy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 STS (Sold); 13 ATS 2.0T w/AT & CUE
    Gfxbt, I checked RPMs at 70 tonight and like the previous poster I was getting 2,000 or slightly above.

Nathan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.