ATS and MPG - What are you getting? - Page 8
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS and MPG - What are you getting? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Hohums Not sure how many people are calculating their MPG at the pump, or via the computer. ...
    73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Re: ATS and MPG - What are you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Hohums View Post
    Not sure how many people are calculating their MPG at the pump, or via the computer. Might account for the varying degrees of accuracy.

My average MPG counter is consistently high, even though I reset it at every fill.

And of course, driving style is a big factor. Using cruise control liberally on highway driving should net you some extra gains. Ultimately though, it's a performance sports sedan...fuel economy is not top of the priority list when designing it, so we shouldn't expect to be blown away by high MPG when driving it.
    Interesting: I was going to respond to your earlier quote regrading "I highly recommend resetting the average counter every now and then", but I put some thought into it instead. My initial thought was that your contention was less than ideal, as a larger sample size of mileage would result in more accurate data. I suppose though that there is validity in resetting from time to time, as large changes in driving habits after long periods of NOT resetting the the mileage counter would not reflect in the "average" displayed.

I honestly believe that resetting every fill up is too often. Also, if one is calculating mileage manually based on miles driven versus gallons boarded, one is probably not considering that very innocuous note that appears on every gas pump stating that "volumes are corrected to 15 degrees Celsius (59 degrees Fahrenheit), which can certainly effect the calculations in extreme temperature conditions... All of which brings me back to the idea that resetting the "average mileage counter" at every fill up is a bit too often.

PAO56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 SRX Performance (Red), '13 2.5 Base ATS (Opulent Blue)

Quote Originally Posted by PAO56 View Post
    new to the forum and running my 2.5 ATS as my daily commuter, running 103 miles round trip....combined back roads, 40-45 MPH and interstate 65-75MPH with some short stop and go....only 650 miles on it so far, but averaging just under 29 MPG at the moment......in Northern VA and Western MD
    about to roll 3600 miles in my ATS and the mileage holding steady at approx 29 MPG......no long road trips on it as of yet....

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Now with 2500 miles. Mileage steadily increasing. Tried a couple of tanks with regular, and the mileage seemed a bit less than with premium, and more turbo lag at low rpm, too. Currently at 26.5 mpg with an average speed of 30 mph, which I feel is really good, though on premium. Just after filling up, I got on the highway for 12 miles, then three miles suburban driving, and ended the trip at 34 mpg. I believe it might even do a bit better with a longer distance. Considering it's only rated at 30 mpg highway, I'm pretty satisfied. At similar speeds and conditions, my V would get 16-17 mixed, and 22 on the highway, and I thought that was great for a supercar, but the range with an 18 gallon tank really sucked. Now, with 16.5 gallons, I routinely go 340-350 miles between fill ups, which works out to twice a month, and I doubt I could out-last the tank on the highway. The car isn't completely broken in yet, so my mileage may improve even more. I will update again in a few months.

DcSr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohums
    Not sure how many people are calculating their MPG at the pump, or via the computer. Might account for the varying degrees of accuracy.

My average MPG counter is consistently high, even though I reset it at every fill.

And of course, driving style is a big factor. Using cruise control liberally on highway driving should net you some extra gains. Ultimately though, it's a performance sports sedan...fuel economy is not top of the priority list when designing it, so we shouldn't expect to be blown away by high MPG when driving it.
    Getting just over 20 mpg on the 2.0T with 70/30 city/highway driving

General Lee 01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T, MT, RWD, BNR TUNE, WHITE DIAMOND
    2.0T rear wheel drive with 6-speed manual, burning 93 octane, computer averaging 28 mpg. Instantaneous mpg is around 35-38 on flat road on the turnpike at 80 mph in 6th gear. Have 1400 miles on odometer. I am very satisfied with the fuel efficiency.

render1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Just rolled over 5k miles on my 2.0T AWD. Overall have gotten 25mpg. 22 in town and 28 on a 2600 mile road trip. Probably could have done better on the road but did a lot of mountain driving and took advantage of the turbo and the right pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by muthaiga View Post
    I've had my RWD ATS for about 2 weeks now, and have been averaging 19.7 MPG - combination of highway and city. It's a fair bit short of the sticker which indicated 24 MPG combined, with a highway average of 31...!

derek98z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS, 2011 SRX

80% highway and I have 1,200 miles. 25.3
    I have a feeling it is because of those times when I'm oly getting 9 mpg lol

CRW7096 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance RWD

777 Miles logged - Daily commute to work 3x week is 20+/- miles highway with no traffic and I average 26 on that. Other days I am almost all city driving which is driving down my overall MPG. According to the OnStar app my lifetime MPG is 21

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    3.6 awd, 2000 miles averaging around 20. Actually pretty surprised it's not better. Even when I reset it and drive pretty gingerly, only 22-23.

PAO56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 SRX Performance (Red), '13 2.5 Base ATS (Opulent Blue)

2.5L base ATS is 7 weeks old..about to roll 5K miles running 80/20 highway/city on a daily 103 mile roundtrip commute....avg is 29-31 MPG a tank depending on traffic flow.

CADILIKENYC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

ATS 2.0T RWD Manual Tranny: Manhattan NYC 15.5 MPG. then again i only have 133 miles on the car and the first 70 was all highway.

[Twitch] is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 AWD Performance

Just got this car and went on a little roadtrip 3.6 AWD 26MPG highway over 620miles with and average speed of 78mph

KXAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I haven't seen 17 yet. My trips are mostly short and are averaging 14.6 mpg after four weeks. If the sticker had been more accurate, I probably would have bought a different car. The plus side is using regular gas--not possible with my Mercedes 280 SLK (former car). However, that doesn't average out dollar-wise for the miserable mileage. Hope it gets better as my ATS ages. Other than that, I like the car.

Thunder Gray STS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium
    22-23 800 miles on the clock 50/50 mix of city and hwy. 2.0 T. I am tickled to death with that since I came out of a CTSV that got about 14 mpg downhill in a tailwind.

rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

i do about 75 city 25 highway and im getting like 20.5 mpg...does it get better? I have 700 miles..i have 2.0t AWD

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.