ATS and MPG - What are you getting? - Page 6
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS and MPG - What are you getting? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by crash30920 This might just be anecdotal at this point but I have the AWD 2.0T and have ...
    crash30920 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 2.0T

Re: ATS and MPG - What are you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by crash30920 View Post
    This might just be anecdotal at this point but I have the AWD 2.0T and have about 2,200 miles on the car. I have been averaging about 22-24 MPG and that is about 80-90 Highway and I am really light on the throttle most of time. This past weekend I took a longer trip and just set the car on cruise for the 110 mile round trip and got almost 29.0 mpg and there a couple of fast speeds in there too. So I wanted to see if the cruise really made that big of a deal. This morning it was slightly snowing I filled up which is about 1 block form where I live and reset the AVG MPG gauge I did not warm up the car and it was about 32 degrees out. I set the cruise on my way to work. I hit every single red light which is 6 of them and then the 17 miles on the expressway. Using the crusie the entire time even between the lights and into the parking lot my car registered 33.7 MPG. I drove the same speeds as I always do on the express way in the morning with traffic between 55 and 70, always changing my speed by adjusting the cruise speed setting. So I will try this again on my way home and see if I get the same results but it is very odd that the cruise can change MPG by that much. Will update tomorrow with more results.
    Ok so I waited for a couple of complete cycles to work and a trip today and the mileage did go down but still stands at 29.2 which is alot better than the 22 to 24 that I was getting for the previous 2000 miles. I really can't explain the first day unless I had a good tail wind on the ride into work? But still I will take 29+ MPG any day of the week. I would be curious to see if any one else has the same experience.

mechevar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

I'm currently at ~900 miles and I am getting 20 MPG. RWD 2.0T(M). Mainly city driving since average speed is 24.9 MPH.

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

Bear in mind that if you've got the Driver Assistance Package (adaptive cruise control), the sensors take the place of the automatic air dams in the grill, negating whatever efficiency bonuses it would provide... I didn't realize that the sensors replaced the air dam before I bought the car... Not sure if I would have opted for that package had I known.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

A lot of you guys and gals are getting much worse mileage than we got in our 3.0L cts.
    A recent trip to amelia island netted us 27 mpg and trips to DC have netted us 28.3. These are averages for the entire trip. Cruise was set at x79-80 mph.
    Even a few dips into the throttle and a couple of transmission kickdowns can ruin your average.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    All around mileage of 2.0 is 17.1 over the last 800 miles. I'm at 1700 miles total.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

It's amazing the effect of temperature on mileage. This weekend, I hit 1000 miles. Simultaneously, spring finally arrived in the south, with the temperature shooting 20-30 degrees, to the mid 70s. I got gas, had some traffic before getting on the highway, then after a 13 mile trip was getting 34.5 mpg, doing 60-70 and averaging 47 mph per the computer, which beats the EPA, and the car isn't really broken in yet. After a few days of city driving, my mileage has been 24 with an average speed of 30 mph, which is my benchmark average speed. In comparison, my CTS-V would get 16.5-17 mpg (manual transmission), and my '08 CTS 3.6 DI with a stick would get 20-21 mpg, both cars fully broken in, of course.

The last few days, it got cold again, and the mpg started decreasing again; then today, it warmed up again, and the mpg started to rise again. Hopefully, the same thing will happen for others, and the fleet mileage will improve dramatically. I for one am pleased that my car is now meeting or beating the EPA estimates, and I expect it will improve further as the car contimues to break in.

jmvohs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I had to make a trip from Philly to DC and back yesterday. On the way to DC I decided to test the highway mileage of my 2.0T (manual) so I set the cruise to 65 mph. Traffic was light and was pretty much always at this speed except for slowing for toll booths. I got 31.5 mpg for the trip. On the way back I drove more like I normally do (70-80 mph) and the traffic was heavier requiring more slow downs. I got 29.5 mph. In my daily stop and go commute I only get ~20 mpg.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Just realized my cadillac has DFCO, wasn't aware of that... will deff. be downshifting more

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Ttt^

PAO56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 SRX Performance (Red), '13 2.5 Base ATS (Opulent Blue)

new to the forum and running my 2.5 ATS as my daily commuter, running 103 miles round trip....combined back roads, 40-45 MPH and interstate 65-75MPH with some short stop and go....only 650 miles on it so far, but averaging just under 29 MPG at the moment......in Northern VA and Western MD

jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium

my commute sucks... i'm averaging in between 17 and 19mpg
    which is about the same as i was getting in my sti.

J.

mechevar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

I'm at ~1800 miles and my stats are exactly the same as yours, 20 MPG, average speed 24.8 MPH. RWD 2.0T(M) as well.

Dave3283 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Filled, reset and went on expressway.
    Attached Images

Dave3283 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Half hour commute, congested highway and clear city. Kept revs under 2k. I know not much fun, but was calming.
    Attached Images

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT

I was initially disappointed with my gas mileage (posted earlier in this thread). Now have almost 5,000 miles on the car. This last tank has been almost exclusively freeway driving. Taken it easy for almost all of the driving, other than entrance ramps which I always take spiritedly. Over 357 miles I've burned around 11 gallons of (premium) gas (according to OnStar app - likely it is closer to 12 gallons, but the app does not have a very high resolution, i.e., only displays full gallons). The DIC is reporting an average of 28.1 mpg. Not stellar, but I didn't buy this car for gas mileage. Bought it for fun and it is definitely fun. Long story short, I am happier with the fuel efficiency at this point than I was earlier.

**Forgot to mention - Cars is a 2.0T manual**

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.