ATS and MPG - What are you getting? - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS and MPG - What are you getting? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hi All My first post here as a recent victim of theft. My beloved 2011 STI HATCH was stolen I ...
    Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

Re: ATS and MPG - What are you getting?

Hi All

My first post here as a recent victim of theft. My beloved 2011 STI HATCH was stolen I save replaced it with a 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. .my Subaru was Protuned with a high flow downpipe we made 356 Awhp and 360 awtq. Little beast. I pick up my ATS TUESDAY . My comment is MPG is a function of how heavy ones
    Right foot is! My turbo vehicles love drinking fuel.. Stock tunes tend to run rich for safety wasting fuel..
    Once my car was tuned on the dyno I easily picked up 15-20% better MPG and Gobbs of hp an tq.

Cheers

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Just had first fill-up at 300 miles, right at 20 mpg. Lots of idling, resulting in an average speed of 21 mph, which is quite low for me. Probably 80% city, and it's been pretty cold in the ATL, too (love the heated stearing wheel). Had a few full throttle excursions, too, and some exciting passing. Found out that the dealer had filled it for me with regular, too, so I tried to burn off as much gas as I could, not knowing the reserve of this car when the low fuel light comes on (I think it's 2.5-3 gallons with this particular car). Overall, not too bad for a brand new car on regular with lots of idling, in the winter. I expect my mileage will improve with the weather and the break-in.

zr1mom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Prem 2.0T AWD Black Raven Red

My car is broken in and I drive mostly highway and see 20 - 22 at best. Don't plan on seeing much better.

I imagine RWD owners will see better MPG

bool is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Performance Black Diamond 2.0T ATS4
    1st tank around 17, 2nd 17.5, 3rd 18.5 mostly city driving. The 18.5 is the average from the 2nd and the start of the third tank. I would get around 19 to 20 in town with my old Passat.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Quote Originally Posted by marktanner View Post
    A couple of things to remember concerning fuel mileage. First, most of these cars are pretty new, and not yet fully broken in. Expect mileage to increase after break-in. For these various engines the breakin-in period hasn't been fully established yet, but usually it is in the 3-5,000 mile range. Second, winter mileage is always worse than summer mileage, except in the warmer climates. This is due to increased warm-up times, increased friction at lower temperatures, more inclement weather that requires more power to punch through, increased use of lights and wipers and defrosters and seat heaters, etc. Another compounding factor is the lower energy density of the mix in winter fuels, in the areas that have such blends (like Atlanta). All of this conspires to decrease mileage. I bet that as we get later into the spring, and especially as more cars get broken in, mileage will increase significantly. I certainly hope so, as both my '08 CTS and '09 CTS-V exceeded their EPA highway ratings by nearly 20% in my experience.
    Mark is right about cold weather and generally a brand new car. Driving style and increasing the tire pressures will be the biggest determinants in fuel economy. Avoiding traffic and stop lights/idling at drive throughs. I think, as most GM small engines, will exceed city driving EPA fuel economy

Golddogs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium

First tank of gas, suburb driving, some stops (depending on how I hit the lights) 22.2mpg, 3.6 AWD. I am happy with this since my Durango, same trip, was getting 14.4 mpg.

jeffroeson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red

I've driven 900 miles in cold, snowy Iowa weather. Been exactly one month of driving pleasure and have filled up four times.

Just drove 80% highway, 20% city miles and got 28.9 MPG (using 92 octane). This is calculated. Worst mileage was 18.1 which was 90% city miles (and partial tank using 89 octane). So, I am satisfied with results and expect better mileage as weather gets warmer.

So far been pretty tame with my accelerator pedal, but know/feel it's asking for a good workout.

bool is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Performance Black Diamond 2.0T ATS4

Now I am getting around 19.5 city. Haven't been on any highway trips yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bool View Post
    1st tank around 17, 2nd 17.5, 3rd 18.5 mostly city driving. The 18.5 is the average from the 2nd and the start of the third tank. I would get around 19 to 20 in town with my old Passat.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

2.0T standard RWD.. been averaging 13L/100Km = 19, 18 or so MPG.. thats f***in garbage LMAO.. is it 'cuz its new? this is on country roads

marih is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ats

had mine for 3 months and getting 21.1 combination and 28.7 on the highway got the 2.0t

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo
    2.0T standard RWD.. been averaging 13L/100Km = 19, 18 or so MPG.. thats f***in garbage LMAO.. is it 'cuz its new? this is on country roads
    How many km on car. I'd think 1500-2000 before improvement.

Groomie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadllac ATS Performance 2.0 T Black Raven

Hey guys, first road trip to Atlanta averaged 30.5 mpg 2.0t performance. Gotta luv this car

800 miles so far combined 23 mpg and getting better with highway city mx and some very spirited pulls

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

I'm getting around 18-20 mostly city. Not worried one bit as after the first oil change the MPG will go up (or should). Currently a little over 400 miles and plan to do the oil change at 600.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.