Bad News Racing and Trifecta Performance were busy this week.....
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Bad News Racing and Trifecta Performance were busy this week..... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhcdXv6aNWA...
    BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Bad News Racing and Trifecta Performance were busy this week.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wilmo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    So if 270hp was only making 150 at the wheels.. Wouldnt that mean that 287 at the wheels translates to over 400 at the crank? You said the tune for sale gives you 330 hp.. Was this dyno run on ethanol? Is that why it was so high?

HandletheTruth is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Bad News Racing and Trifecta Performance were busy this week.....

Very impressive output numbers; l am definitely considering purchasing this type of tune. Am curious how this affects the GM powertrain warranty and the yearly emissions testing that is required in Northern Virginia? Also, is it possible to leave the Sport mode "as is" (more aggressive suspension / steering / automatic shifting but with stock power) and add a separate Max mode (which would be Sport mode + higher power / torque + even heavier steering than Sport)? Also, please describe your tunes affect on throttle response & fuel economy. Thanks for your consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by wilmo View Post
    So if 270hp was only making 150 at the wheels.. Wouldnt that mean that 287 at the wheels translates to over 400 at the crank? You said the tune for sale gives you 330 hp.. Was this dyno run on ethanol? Is that why it was so high?

This was on an ethanol blend, ill have 93 octane number for you guys on Tuesday. I'm meeting a member from here at local dyno shop to do a free tune.

And you are correct, the ECM is reporting 412hp at the crank.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

This was also on an awd vehicle with greater drive train loss. Rear wheel drive will have higher final numbers!!!

wilmo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Ok great! Very impressive numbers! And this is without supporting mods like intake, exhaust, intercooler etc.. Right?

03firebolt9r is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Very impressive gains.

Could the tune be transferred to another ATS? For example, if the current car (one with the tune) gets traded in or lease expires and another ATS is purchased, could the tune be used on that car also or would another tune need to be purchased?

Atswatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing

This was on an ethanol blend, ill have 93 octane number for you guys on Tuesday. I'm meeting a member from here at local dyno shop to do a free tune.

And you are correct, the ECM is reporting 412hp at the crank.
    Very impressive. Although I am curious if in stock form, whether the sport mode already makes more power than the tour mode, since you are comparing before and after in two different modes, not in the same mode.

Can you post the dyno chart? I noticed the tune changed the power pattern a lot, not just the peak output. The power curves are smoother, TQ curve is flatter throughout the band, and HP goes up all the way to near redline, though difficult to pinpoint with the video.

The tune seems to turn the 2.0L F/I engine into a higher powered 4.0L N/A engine

Since it was run in manual mode, how does the tune work in auto sport mode? I am curious if the tune also changes throttle response and holds the gears even longer.

zedsded is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Any provision for summer tune vs winter tune? It doesn't get that warm up here in the D in the summer but our Texas friends may need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atswatcher View Post
    Very impressive. Although I am curious if in stock form, whether the sport mode already makes more power than the tour mode, since you are comparing before and after in two different modes, not in the same mode.

Can you post the dyno chart? I noticed the tune changed the power pattern a lot, not just the peak output. The power curves are smoother, TQ curve is flatter throughout the band, and HP goes up all the way to near redline, though difficult to pinpoint with the video.

The tune seems to turn the 2.0L F/I engine into a higher powered 4.0L N/A engine

Since it was run in manual mode, how does the tune work in auto sport mode? I am curious if the tune also changes throttle response and holds the gears even longer.

No, sport mode doesnt make more power (stock). That's a feature we added to the tune (select-a-tune). The car may perform even better in auto sport mode because the TCC lockup strategy is different than in manual mode (no TCC lock in auto sport mode until 3rd gear, but TCC locks in 2nd at WOT in manual mode). Our tune does increase throttle response and we did extend the shift RPM with our tune.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by zedsded View Post
    Any provision for summer tune vs winter tune? It doesn't get that warm up here in the D in the summer but our Texas friends may need it.
    No, these cars are MAF tuned and the MAF sensor on the newer GM cars is actually a multi-purpose sensor. It monitors humidity and air temp among other things. This allows the car to adjust itself to different seasons without needing a retune.

shudog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

slightly off topic but I'm curious what the difference is between this Caddy 2.0 Turbo & the Buick GS 2.0 Turbo.

Trifecta tuned that one too but got nowhere near the results from what I could tell....

ripped is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ats and verano turbo

Quote Originally Posted by shudog View Post
    slightly off topic but I'm curious what the difference is between this Caddy 2.0 Turbo & the Buick GS 2.0 Turbo.

Trifecta tuned that one too but got nowhere near the results from what I could tell....
    there 2 different engines

Quote Originally Posted by shudog View Post

The ATS and the Malibu LTZ use a different engine than the Regal does.

shudog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    The ATS and the Malibu LTZ use a different engine than the Regal does.
    I get that they are different engines. I asked what the differences are. Cam profiles, intakes, etc?

Rozay619 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Honda Accord / bye bye ATS LEMON

I would like to get the tune, but i have a few questions.

1. I am planning on getting a custom exhaust made, should i wait to get the tune until after i get the exhaust done?
    2. Since the tune requires the EZflash cable thing, if i don't buy it and rent it from you(BNRacing) if i need work done on the vehicle, do i need to remove the tune prior to taking it to the dealer for any service/maintanence?

Thanks, Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.