Bad News Racing and Trifecta Performance were busy this week..... - Page 6
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Bad News Racing and Trifecta Performance were busy this week..... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; D3 tune will be the same tune we're selling as far as I could see....
    BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE
    D3 tune will be the same tune we're selling as far as I could see.

Nite_Hawk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: Bad News Racing and Trifecta Performance were busy this week.....

So what is the base line for the 2.0t with auto? Really want to buy one soon.

ripped is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ats and verano turbo
    The graphs for baseline and tuned are in the video on first page all these people that keep asking for dyno sheets did you even watch the vid you can see the graphs in the video

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by ripped View Post
    The graphs for baseline and tuned are in the video on first page all these people that keep asking for dyno sheets did you even watch the vid you can see the graphs in the video
    I have to ask: did you even read the rest of this and other threads? For instance, that video was on E85, which the car is not designed or tuned for (not to mention 95% of all ATS owners would NOT be using), meaning the base is completely irrelevant, which means the whole thing is useless for making an informed decision.

Then a customer took his car in for back to back dyno runs with and without the tune. He posted stock results and immediately disappeared from the face of the earth. Why? Did his car blow up with the tune? Did it make bad numbers?

I get it that BNR may be gear heads that don't have a clue about marketing. Maybe this is a great product. But they have not answered customer questions or provided information necessary for an INFORMED buying decision. Maybe they are happy with the sales numbers from people willing to take a leap of faith but they are obviously (from the questions and posts and common sense) losing out on sales to people who want to know what they are getting for their money.

turbo2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

hi guys! sorry but I had to walk away from this forum for a bit before I lost it with some idiot trying to pretend he knows everything ^^^
    I haven't read through all of the posts on here, mainly because I didn't want to get myself upset again, but I thought I would make a few quick notions on here. The Trifecta tune numbers given out by all distributors are given as power numbers requested but the ECM, these numbers are completely meaningless when it comes to numbers actually produced. My car was requesting 312 hp and 302 tq at the last data log I did before heading to the dyno, however it put 260hp and 308 tq to the ground. This would equate to something like 305 hp and 360 tq at the flywheel with standard 18% loss. I honestly think that once HP Tuners comes out with a good tune I will just run with them. The current tune on my car still puts the car in overboost at 5500 RPM which can safely be tuned out with a good dyno tune. Also while the lines on the dyno aren't terrible, they could be better. It amazed me at how quickly the torque and hp both fell off! I am just going to hold out for a couple of months and let the intake come out from whoever, then get the exhaust manifold and down pipe from Pfadt, then have my local performance shop see what they can do with a tune.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

I am also waiting for Pfadts turbo upgrade and downpipe. But I also want the low front mounted intercooler. The heat generated by higher boost has to be taken care of with a larger intercooler or methanol/water injection.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

FYI: I posted dyno sheets mikesul sent me here:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3287158

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    FYI: I posted dyno sheets mikesul sent me here:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3287158
    Thanks for posting these for me! The runs were made with around 500 miles on the car and straight 93 octane. Cool day in S FL with ambient temp @ 58 degrees. First run stock (car is stock) and following three runs are with Trifecta tune. The runs were only 5-7 minutes apart. You will notice the drop off of power above 5500 rpm, which appears to be when turbo hits its potential.
    The car with the tune did feel much more responsive and the turbo seemed to spool up quicker.

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

We actually found some issues with our tune since he did his dyno runs- we had a few guys that would hit ECM calculated 360+TQ and then fall flat on their face and make 250-270TQ the rest of the pull. I think this is what happened with mikesul's logs as the car wouldn't make full power in 2nd and 3rd. We have resolved that issue. I've contacted mikesul since he does not have that update yet.

In other words, don't put too much faith in that sheet as we've recognized and corrected a problem since then and will be updating his tune shortly.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    So what are the real numbers now with correction.

kmb32687 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD Manual

Just installed E85 tune. WOW. Impressive acceleration. 1st gear, you won't have any traction at all. Once you step the gas, tires are spinning like crazy. Huge difference between stock and E85. Im going to STM dyno day on june 2nd so I will post it up the numbers.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kmb32687
    Just installed E85 tune. WOW. Impressive acceleration. 1st gear, you won't have any traction at all. Once you step the gas, tires are spinning like crazy. Huge difference between stock and E85. Im going to STM dyno day on june 2nd so I will post it up the numbers.
    What type of gas, E85?

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    What type of gas, E85?
    Yup, E85 fuel.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

I wish we had E85 here, theres none around, the closes one is like 150km away lol

Well, e85 and 91/93 tune is pretty close. I couldn't feel the difference. E85 seems more smoother than 91/93 tune. I could be wrong but that's what I feel so far.

Im going to another dyno day on May 2 so wait until next weekend! I wish I could get it sooner.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.