Bad News Racing and Trifecta Performance were busy this week..... - Page 5
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Bad News Racing and Trifecta Performance were busy this week..... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by turbo2.0 First pull did 242.1 hp and 297.2 ft lbs uncorrected on a dynojet Just to confirm, ...
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Bad News Racing and Trifecta Performance were busy this week.....

Quote Originally Posted by turbo2.0 View Post
    First pull did 242.1 hp and 297.2 ft lbs uncorrected on a dynojet
    Just to confirm, that pull for was stock engine, factory tune, stock intake and stock exhaust?

turbo2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Confirmed, though I found out that he didn't have it in sport mode. Car made 258.0 hp and 308.4 the second pull

----------

The vehicle is only suppose to be tuned in sport mode, but I'm starting to question that

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    factory tune?
    So that'd be a no then.

----------

The #'s are also odd that you always make more TQ than HP in that our LTG always seems to make more of the opposite. Stock #'s 272HP and 260TQ, and supposed tuned 320HP 300TQ. Both have higher TQ than HP.

Actually it would be a maybe, no need to be a prick

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

So you did a pull before you installed the tune then after. Or did you do a pull not in sport mode to get a baseline then put it in sport mode to get the tune which should only be in sport mode. Is that correct? I'm so confused

Also, what octane is your fuel? 91 or 93?

Actually it would be a maybe, no need to be a prick
    I actually wasn't being.. I appreciate the numbers, but he clearly asked stock everything "factory tune" and you replied confirmed.. I do understand it is selectable with the sport button though. Those #'s being what they are would have to be not stock regardless.

Confirmed, though I found out that he didn't have it in sport mode. Car made 258.0 hp and 308.4 the second pull

----------

The vehicle is only suppose to be tuned in sport mode, but I'm starting to question that
    What does the manual say about Sport Mode, regarding engine performance? For many cars it would have no effect on a dyno pull, because it just does things like play with throttle response and does nothing at WOT. Do these cars allow short bursts of extra boost in sport mode?

It is a dual map PCM, so when in touring it should be factory tune and while in sport mode the full trifecta tune should be in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    The #'s are also odd that you always make more TQ than HP in that our LTG always seems to make more of the opposite. Stock #'s 272HP and 260TQ, and supposed tuned 320HP 300TQ. Both have higher TQ than HP.
    I don't find it very odd. Torque (as reported by a dyno) is just calculated using nothing but HP, RPM and a constant related to the units of measure being used: T= (5252*HP)/RPM. So ALL engines that can turn 5252 RPMs will have identical HP and Torque numbers at 5252 RPM. Maximum torque is higher or lower than maximum HP depending on which side of 5250 RPMS they occur at. His engine or dyno calibration was just different than the ones used for the factory figures. I suspect its mostly a dyno calibration issue. That's why dyno figures are not very useful to compare to ones from a different dyno under different conditions. You need before and after pulls on the same dyno in as close together as possible. The percentage differences under those conditions are what matter.

Focusing on either maximum HP or torque is much less meaningful with a modern turbo engine since the relation between HP and RPM is so much different than a normally aspirated engine. That's why the turbo, even stock, is more satisfying to drive at low-mid RPMs compared to the 3.6. You really need to look at the area under the entire curve to get a feel for how an engine performs. These 2.0s torque numbers are high even at very low RPMs, which makes for a lot of area under the curve.

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE
    If you have a manual it would be cruise control off = performance mode, cruise on = stock mode

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Can we get a posting of the dyno sheets? I have never seen so many dyno pulls without a sheet.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bravnik
    Can we get a posting of the dyno sheets? I have never seen so many dyno pulls without a sheet.
    Absolutely. I wanna see where the power is to decide to buy. The lower the RPMs the better.

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

Bumpity bump..

Also would love to before and after tune dyno sheets.

Where's the vendor?..

I believe it would be safe too assume trifecta would have a baseline stock dyno sheet? And then tuned dyno sheet. Selling a product. Or even better a customers dyno sheets.

I know my Subaru dyno sheets are what everybody wanted to see...........

Unless you don't mind paying full price, you've got till tomorrow until their 20% off sale ends.. Just wanting to point that out, in case you're on the fence.

----------

I also noticed that D3 has info on their page that states they have a deal through Trifecta for their tunes also. So I think you're in good hands here. Yes I've ordered, but no I haven't gotten it yet.

Nite_Hawk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

D3 hasn't released their tunes, yet. I'd like to see a Dyno sheet as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.