Bad News Racing and Trifecta Performance were busy this week..... - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Bad News Racing and Trifecta Performance were busy this week..... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; 2.0 can run e85 with a tune...
    ripped is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ats and verano turbo
    2.0 can run e85 with a tune

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    I thought only the V6 could use E85. Are you talking about a V6 tune? If you're talking about the 2.0, did I misread the Cadillac literature or can the 2.0 be easily changed to run E85?
    The 2.0 can run E85 easily when tuned for it. The DI system can handle it with no problem

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Maybe I missed something, but I'm not seeing how this tune works. Are we simply just increasing psi, and if so what are maximum stock psi levels and what psi is this tune maxing at. Are other parameters being taken into account and manipulated by this tune?

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Re: Bad News Racing and Trifecta Performance were busy this week.....

Its most likely Boost, Fuel trim and AFR.

Thats why I'd like to have a wideband when I get my tune done, as well as a boost gauge..

I just have no clue how to put them in this car.. and .. where? lol I wouldn't exactly want some ugly round gauges messing with the flow of this interior.

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

FYI - I just purchased the Torque app for my phone as well as a bluetooth ODB2 dongle. This allows me to see what my AFR's (Commanded), Boost, Fuel Pressure, Etc. are doing. So far I like the app as you can log a bunch of stuff including your route and view it online. The dongle cost me $99 and the app is cheap. I use to have a Dashhawk from MSD when I tuned my Mazdaspeed3. Wished I still had it as it's a great device even if MSD no longer supports it.

I was the first person to ever put in gauges in the Mazdaspeed3 (on the pillar) but to be honest I just don't see putting one in the Cadi. I wised it came with the option on the dash display. Maybe that can add that in with a CUE update in the future. It sure would be nice.

Based on the logs I ran yesterday, our car boosts 14-17PSI stock on a 0-100mph run. I did 3 launches with 2 from idle and one from a 3k launch all in sport mode and after a few power take offs to ensure PAL was not on. 1st run was with Traction Control on with the other runs it was off. There is a pretty good lag from the time you push the gas from idle and the time it takes to spool up (gas pedal floored) so I did the 3k launch which resulted in smoked tires through 1st and part of 2nd (AUTO). The car is just so quite I didn't think the 3k stall was all that powerful until I let off the brake

I was pretty impressed with the car on these runs. I really think with a tune it will make a nice sleeper. It will not be the fastest on the block but it will still shock a few people I'm sure.

zedsded is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    Yes we can do multiple maps but there is a $100 retune fee for the e85 tune as its a different fuel type
    Can multiple maps be set by in-car controls (sport mode, etc) or will the higher tune level need to be loaded from a laptop for 93 octane vs e85?

wongluk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6spd
    If enough people buy turbo ATS's, Cobb may come out with an acessport.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

My car showed a stock peak of 225.2 rwhp on a Dynojet. Rear wheel drive, 93 octane.

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    My car showed a stock peak of 225.2 rwhp on a Dynojet. Rear wheel drive, 93 octane.
    before or after tune?

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

This was stock. Hard to believe AWD could loose that much HP vs RWD in stock tune.

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesul
    This was stock.
    Have you had a chance or plan on putting it back on the Dyno with the tune? I loaded my tune last night and ironing things out and have plans to go back on the Dyno shortly. Just wanted to compare....and just so everyone knows....Jerry at BNR is great to deal with. Excellent Service!

AdamVIP is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I would love to see dyno sheets for all these tunes. Am I correct at saying there is a 91 tune, a 93 tune and an E85 tune?

E85 sounds awesome but its still a PITA to get on a regular basis, even in LA so how does the tune run if you can only get 91 in it or some cobination of 91 and E85. Most flexfuel vehicles adjust but not sure with the tune.

rocco11189 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I agree with Adam here I would like to see some dyno results of the tune so I know exactly what I am purchasing.

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

That's why I wish we had a device like an Access Port from Cobb, pro tuning in person on the street or
    Dyno FTW. MY STI had 70,000+ kms on my Protune. It ran like a champ until the day some rat bastards
    Stole it.

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE
    I wouldn't hold my breath on Cobb tuning these. And if it matters any we've been tuning the GM 2.0 forced induction cars since 2005 with the Saturn ion redline and the cobalt SS supercharged. Several of those cars have over 150k miles now and still run strong with a trifecta tune since day one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.