Instrument Cluster
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Instrument Cluster in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I was driving home from dinner the other night and noticed all of the gauges in my instrument cluster went ...
    Rozay619 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Honda Accord / bye bye ATS LEMON

Instrument Cluster

I was driving home from dinner the other night and noticed all of the gauges in my instrument cluster went to zero. The digital display worked so at least I still knew how much gas I had, what radio station I was on and how fast I was traveling. When I got home I turned the car off, let it sit for about 5 minutes then started the car again and the gauges stayed at zero, none of them moved like when you normally start the car and they all go to the top and back down again. Has anyone else experience this issue?? Took the car to the dealer yesterday so hopefully they can duplicate the issue or the computer will tell them something...
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Instrument Cluster

Rozay619, I hope you keep us updated on your progress! If you remain concerned while working with your dealer, please contact me privately and I can call them on your behalf to follow up on your concerns. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Rozay619, I hope you keep us updated on your progress! If you remain concerned while working with your dealer, please contact me privately and I can call them on your behalf to follow up on your concerns. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Thanks, i will keep you in mind. The service department just called me and they are keeping my ATS over the weekend. I didn't get a clear answer as to what was done, but the technician wasn't able to correct the issues I am having.

Wideband is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozay619
    I was driving home from dinner the other night and noticed all of the gauges in my instrument cluster went to zero. The digital display worked so at least I still knew how much gas I had, what radio station I was on and how fast I was traveling. When I got home I turned the car off, let it sit for about 5 minutes then started the car again and the gauges stayed at zero, none of them moved like when you normally start the car and they all go to the top and back down again. Has anyone else experience this issue?? Took the car to the dealer yesterday so hopefully they can duplicate the issue or the computer will tell them something...
    It must be a special gift for going over the 1000 mile mark. I saw your mileage in your photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Wideband View Post
    It must be a special gift for going over the 1000 mile mark. I saw your mileage in your photos.
    HAHA, yeah right!!

Update: Service guy called me yesterday and told me GM is sending a whole new Instrument panel overnight from New York. They didn't want to risk giving me the car back in case it happened again as the tech guys were unable to duplicate the issue and GM tech line was unable to come up with a solution!!

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by Rozay619 View Post
    HAHA, yeah right!!

Update: Service guy called me yesterday and told me GM is sending a whole new Instrument panel overnight from New York. They didn't want to risk giving me the car back in case it happened again as the tech guys were unable to duplicate the issue and GM tech line was unable to come up with a solution!!
    Have them put in a 12.3" reconfigurable cluster from the XTS while they're at it!!

Wideband is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danscrim

Have them put in a 12.3" reconfigurable cluster from the XTS while they're at it!!
    Hopefully they add that display as an option to the MY2014 ATS.

Got the car back, seems to have no issues now! The dealer did install a new "IPC" is what they called it. They gave me a ticket # that could be used to refer to for future issues. keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again!!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Instrument Panel Cluster

Pete7874 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '02 BMW 530i; '08 MB C300 4Matic

Hi, this is a bit off topic, but I have a question regarding the photos the OP posted, mainly the reflection of the speedo that you see at the top (the hood of the instrument cluster, I guess). I've seen numerous pictures that show this reflection. Do you see this reflection at night from the driver's position? That would be rather annoying, if so. But maybe it's just the angle of the camera that makes it visible?

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by Pete7874 View Post
    Hi, this is a bit off topic, but I have a question regarding the photos the OP posted, mainly the reflection of the speedo that you see at the top (the hood of the instrument cluster, I guess). I've seen numerous pictures that show this reflection. Do you see this reflection at night from the driver's position? That would be rather annoying, if so. But maybe it's just the angle of the camera that makes it visible?
    I think it's the angle of the camera. I've never noticed it until you pointed it out and i have 4500 miles on mine.

It's for sure the camera angle, camera flash.. no reflection at all, at least i don't notice any.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.