DIC Boost display
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, DIC Boost display in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have been curious as to why my DIC does not have a Boost display. I was watching a you ...
    blue_eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 90.5 Allante, 02 Deville, 13 ATS 2.0t

DIC Boost display

I have been curious as to why my DIC does not have a Boost display. I was watching a you Tube video the other night and I saw boost display on the DIC . Is it perhaps displayed only on the performance and premium model? Mine is the Luxury model. I also can not display current fuel milage on the DIC

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
    Did you open the DIC options and "check" the many options? For some reason many options are not preselected.

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    2.0t Auto performance...no boost that I can see anywhere

blue_eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 90.5 Allante, 02 Deville, 13 ATS 2.0t

Re: DIC Boost display

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did open the DIC options and Boost and current MPG were not there. I do have one spare location that is not being used.
    I am out of town for the week, otherwise I would go out to the gagage and poke at it some more.

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT

YES - It definitely does not exist but would be awesome. I was watching a special on the car on TV and saw the "boost" display in the DIC. I checked my car, pursued the owner's manual, etc. I think that must have been a pre-production car and the boost display is something that did not make it to production. To bad . . .

frankc5r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2.0 ATS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by gfxbt View Post
    YES - It definitely does not exist but would be awesome. I was watching a special on the car on TV and saw the "boost" display in the DIC. I checked my car, pursued the owner's manual, etc. I think that must have been a pre-production car and the boost display is something that did not make it to production. To bad . . .
    I plugged in my HPT to obdii port and logged some data. Talked to the guy who was on the software team for the 2.0 ATS and like the older 2.0
    this uses a torque based system so it runs whatever boost is necessary to make the stock 260 ft# of torque. In a hot summer day it may take
    the spec up to 20 psi, but on a cold winter day I saw little less than 16 psi. Also have a dashhawk and leave that by steering wheel so I can
    see boost and knock retard all the time.

AdamVIP is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dashhawks were awesome. I have still have one in my Solstice. Since they are discontinued I now use the android torque app with a bluetooth adapter for my DD.

Thats a bummer to hear GM is still using the torque to regulate boost. That pretty much kills any bolt on addons without correcting the tune as well. With the solstice GM reportedly removed that feature on the GMPP tune. It seems to be true as my Solstice with the GMPP tune and an aftermarket cat, exhaust, and intercooler puts down 270 and 320 at the wheels. Accounting for drive train loss thats over the 290/340 they advertised for the tune.

Here a link to my solstice dyno thread.
    http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...results-54507/

Quote Originally Posted by AdamVIP View Post

Dashhawks were awesome. I have still have one in my Solstice. Since they are discontinued I now use the android torque app with a bluetooth adapter for my DD.

Thats a bummer to hear GM is still using the torque to regulate boost. That pretty much kills any bolt on addons without correcting the tune as well. With the solstice GM reportedly removed that feature on the GMPP tune. It seems to be true as my Solstice with the GMPP tune and an aftermarket cat, exhaust, and intercooler puts down 270 and 320 at the wheels. Accounting for drive train loss thats over the 290/340 they advertised for the tune.

Here a link to my solstice dyno thread.
    http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...results-54507/
    Yes, I also use the torque amp since it is so cheap and the correct bluetooth adapter is only $23 and no cords!!.
    As I mentioned in a previous post, I have talked to someone on the programming team, and there is a good chance they may
    do a tune for a hipo version of new Malibu with same 2.0 as ATS and thus even if Cad does not do it, if Chevy does, the tune fits
    the ATS. He verified that exactly. So I am hopefull.

bluhaven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 luxury ATS 2.0 Turbo 6sp auto

I wrote HP Tuners about support for the ATS. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41916

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by bluhaven View Post
    I wrote HP Tuners about support for the ATS. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41916

Kevin
    Yes, I misspoke in my previous post. I used a DashHawk, not HPT.
    The ecm is not Bosch like it was on LNF but is now a GM ecm but must be very similar software cause Trifecca had a tune 24 hrs after
    he bought a new 2.0 ATS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.