Free Performance Tune from Bad News Racing
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Free Performance Tune from Bad News Racing in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; We'd like to get a few guys (ATS 2.0) running our tunes that are willing to do a couple write ...
    BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Free Performance Tune from Bad News Racing

We'd like to get a few guys (ATS 2.0) running our tunes that are willing to do a couple write ups on the forum, product reviews so to say. We'd be willing to give away a couple of tunes to members with high post counts or members that are respected on the forum. Let us know in this thread who to give the tunes to and we'll hook them up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    I am interested in a tune regardless if its paid or free. Have you guys had a chance to put this on a Dyno yet? If I'm correct the HP/TQ figures are coming from the ECM, so are these considered crank values?

Re: Free Performance Tune from Bad News Racing

We haven't put one on the dyno yet- these numbers are flywheel as calculated by the ECM. We're going to hop on the dyno asap but we need to find an AWD dyno since our test car is AWD

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT

I've got a 2.0T MT. Would love a tune (whether or not I have to pay for it). When is it expected to be released? Have had the car for two months and I can't wait to get my hands on one.

We're ready to go right now, we have been for a couple of months now.

http://store.badnewsracing.net/Trife...rged_p_60.html

03firebolt9r is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

I would be interested in writing a review. Just let me know.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    If I buy a 2.0T?

hmm...

exesivefire is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t AWD
    Tempting....

Ill be going to the dyno down here next week with a member of this forum to get some real dyno sheets for you guys

I will be working with Shawn and the guys at Lethal Racing here in Lafayette to put some baseline runs on the Dyno prior to getting a tune. The hard part is deciding on which tune to get. With all of the action between the two recently has left me with a dilemma. Trifecta or IPF?

IPF doesn't have any way to data log so they can't adjust your tune unless you tell them what you want changed. Trifecta software can create data logs that you send in to us and we adjust your tune based on what we see

zedsded is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well I neither have a high post count nor am I respected in the community but I'll throw my hat in the ring.

I have written reviews and even been a forum moderator on other boards. I was a member of the Miata community for many years and understand how important user reviews can be to a company that deals in aftermarket products.

I do promise to be honest and fair.

PS 2.0 turbo, manual

Ahh the thread is back....I was under the impression that the select-a-tune was via the mode button.
    Tour=Stock tune
    Sport=trifecta
    Snow=stock tune
    ???

It would be via cruise control as far as I know. I talked with Trifecta today about it and they aren't 100% on that yet with how they will do it.

We did discuss another feature exclusive to Trifecta though- Smart Octane will come standard on all ATS 2.0 tunes. It will adjust boost and timing on the fly for whatever fuel grade you decide to run, and it's been extensively tested with 87-93 octanes over the last couple of weeks. We've got it showing 0 knock on 87 octane, but the power level drops to near stock. Would be great for road trips though, you can run regular and save some cash.

Atswatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    It would be via cruise control as far as I know. I talked with Trifecta today about it and they aren't 100% on that yet with how they will do it.

We did discuss another feature exclusive to Trifecta though- Smart Octane will come standard on all ATS 2.0 tunes. It will adjust boost and timing on the fly for whatever fuel grade you decide to run, and it's been extensively tested with 87-93 octanes over the last couple of weeks. We've got it showing 0 knock on 87 octane, but the power level drops to near stock. Would be great for road trips though, you can run regular and save some cash.
    Sine the tune will have octane adjust on the fly, is there plan to tune for racing fuel, or for higher octane than 93?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.