HUD Shadow?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, HUD Shadow? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have a 2013 ATS Premium and the HUD has a double image. It is like there is a reflection ...
    pblethen is offline Cadillac Owners Member

HUD Shadow?

I have a 2013 ATS Premium and the HUD has a double image. It is like there is a reflection from both sides of the glass. At this point the dealer is not aware of a fix. Could the vehicle have the wrong windshield? Anyone else have this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Re: HUD Shadow?

Check for a clear plastic protective film that MIGHT have been left on the projector on the dash - the sort of film you might get wrapped on an iPhone screen when you buy it just to proect during shipping. ???

Quote Originally Posted by pever
    Check for a clear plastic protective film that MIGHT have been left on the projector on the dash - the sort of film you might get wrapped on an iPhone screen when you buy it just to proect during shipping. ???
    Good idea but I cannot see any.

----------

Good idea but I cannot see any film.

NoVA_ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Quote Originally Posted by pblethen View Post
    I have a 2013 ATS Premium and the HUD has a double image. It is like there is a reflection from both sides of the glass. At this point the dealer is not aware of a fix. Could the vehicle have the wrong windshield? Anyone else have this problem?
    I have noticed a similar thing, almost like a ghost of an image. BUT it only happens when I wear my rx glasses...so it is probably my glasses doing it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

pblethen,
    Have you tried playing around with the brightness settings? I'm not sure if they're related at all, but never hurts to eliminate causes! For more information, see p. 5-30 of your manual).
    Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc
    pblethen,
    Have you tried playing around with the brightness settings? I'm not sure if they're related at all, but never hurts to eliminate causes! For more information, see p. 5-30 of your manual).
    Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service
    I have varied the brightness. The dealer hopes it is connected to the odd problems I am having with the CUE. If I open the super secret door,with the radio playing, the radio volume automatically slides to high. I can turn it down but takes on a mind of it's own and thinks full volume is needed. I have to pull over and turn off the car to get it to stop.

I am having a new CUE installed on Tuesday.

SuperSport44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

The CUE and HUD optics are not related. Rub a small amount of Vaseline on the outside of the windshield where half of the image is. If the vaseline side doesn't have a ghost, then it is your windshield.

Thanks,

That definitely would have shown the problem. It was the windshield. I am surprised that the car was shipped with the wrong windshield. What also surprised me was that the second windshield had a flaw. A notch that holds the Lane Detection camera was misaligned. The camera could not see the lane markings on the drivers side. Another new windshield.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.