Interior trim change (NOT aftermarket) - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Interior trim change (NOT aftermarket) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by stevenzoz nevermind, I see what you meant, I'll get some on here tomorrow for you Thanks!...
    bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenzoz View Post
    nevermind, I see what you meant, I'll get some on here tomorrow for you
    Thanks!

stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Interior trim change (NOT aftermarket)

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    Can you take a picture or 2 of the back side of your replacement trim pieces so that I can get an idea of the clips and their locations?..
    It'd be appreciated.
    IMG_20130330_181708.jpg

IMG_20130330_181719.jpg

IMG_20130330_181756.jpg

Appreciated, however VERY hard to make out the clips from the top angle, I can't make out too much from it.

From you looking at it in person does it just have straight plastic nubs that (likely) a metal tab slips onto and pops it into the car?
    I'm wondering mainly if removal (from vehicle of current trim) is mainly pry outward, as opposed to something that has a bent tab and therefore needing an angular type of forced removal.

stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    Appreciated, however VERY hard to make out the clips from the top angle, I can't make out too much from it.

From you looking at it in person does it just have straight plastic nubs that (likely) a metal tab slips onto and pops it into the car?
    I'm wondering mainly if removal (from vehicle of current trim) is mainly pry outward, as opposed to something that has a bent tab and therefore needing an angular type of forced removal.
    give me another day and ill scan the instructions for you, that may help... I just finished removing and installing the trim.. its so simple once you figure it out... you just need to buy a tool so u can pry the panels off (you'll see what it looks like on the instruction page I post for you).

I'm going to post pics of the new trim installed in the 'Dark Olive Ash Trim' thread
    MotoDC and MotoDC like this.

That'd be very helpful.
    I also looked at your other thread with the installed pics, looking good!

MotoDC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium, 3.6L AWD

I'd also like to see these... not a fan of the aluminum either. Did the instructions come with thew trim pieces?

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by kevinr View Post
    That was my plan. Perhaps the mods might set up an ATS sub forum for DIY maintenance and mod how-to's?
    Now, an ATS DIY sub-forum certainly would be very helpful...
    You know, guys, when I came over to this forum I was quite surprised to find folks interested in modding and tuning. I've been driving BMWs for the last 11 years (retirement presents to myself after having only driven much lesser cars), and although I am not a "true" modder, the BMW forums helped me do a lot of things that I normally would not have done. It's never too late to learn.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.