Tapping noise in HVAC system - Page 9
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Tapping noise in HVAC system in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; AtlantaGuy00, I sent your repair description to my dealer this morning. I appreciate your help with this. Bert...
    Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

Re: Tapping noise in HVAC system

AtlantaGuy00, I sent your repair description to my dealer this morning. I appreciate your help with this. Bert

cztrammell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00 View Post
    Wow I'm amazed Bert. I'm thinking our cars were probably built near the same time. My dealer took a couple extra days and had to order addional parts because the car was "fighting" them. I don't know what they did exactly to fix it but it worked. The service ticket says: Instpect and replace the fan module (367WPC95) and HVAC System Control Module Reporgramming with the same code number. So, they must have replaced something in addition to the reprogramming. Good luck!
    Nice. I might have to send this to my dealer as well. I just dropped it off this morning. It was a bit nerve wrecking to hand the keys over since I'm overly concerned about having someone else work on my car. On top of this, I asked them to look into the trembling at idle (this only happened once or twice; possibly engine firmware update available), and update the CUE system. I got a loaded XTS as a loaner. Nice car, big, and comfortable, but I'd rather the ATS.

cztrammell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by cztrammell View Post
    Nice. I might have to send this to my dealer as well. I just dropped it off this morning. It was a bit nerve wrecking to hand the keys over since I'm overly concerned about having someone else work on my car. On top of this, I asked them to look into the trembling at idle (this only happened once or twice; possibly engine firmware update available), and update the CUE system. I got a loaded XTS as a loaner. Nice car, big, and comfortable, but I'd rather the ATS.
    So my car is ready. No time tonight to get it, so I'll check out the changes tomorrow.

AtlantaGuy00, I sent a private message to you regarding my repair. I mention it here in case you're not monitoring your email. Bert

JLGOLDEN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

After my CUE update, my tapping / popping noise seems to have gone away. I only notice it *slightly* when I adjust the temperature manually. The CUE update presented me with revised touchpoint icon designs, and a new voice for the nav and hands-free assistant. I thought the system was quicker than before...but turns out it's just as laggy and prone to hang-up while "thinking" in almost all categories: AC, nav, entertainment functions. My next car will have normal, rotating tuning / volume knobs...NO DOUBT.

I spent 5 months hoping for a solution that didn't require removing my whole dash. My dealer and I have given up on that solution. We're waiting for parts to add to my mode actuator, which means the dash comes out. Maybe I'll be tap-free by next weekend. I want to thank AtlantaGuy00 publicly for the assistance he's given me in this problem. Cheers. Bert

My car was at the dealer this week to solve this problem. So far so good, no noise at all. Knowing that the programming options weren't working for me, they took my whole dash out. They installed two felt washers, one on each left and right blend door levers. Cadillac engineering said that they had a limited supply of the washers. They didn't come from normal parts distribution. If you think you need them, get them now. I'm hoping that I never have to visit this thread again. Bert
    pever and pever like this.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Thinking about you Bert, wondering and hoping that this is fixed and behind you now.

AtlantaGuy00, So far so good. I've been listening carefully and there is not even a hint of a sound. I've been driving in both heating and cooling conditions and I'll get to try both again this week with temps in the 80's today and snow expected Thursday. Bert

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.