Tapping noise in HVAC system - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Tapping noise in HVAC system in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; AtlantaGuy00, I'll try to replicate your test when I can. It'll have to wait a while. It's currently 4 deg ...
    Bertha D Blues is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

Re: Tapping noise in HVAC system

AtlantaGuy00, I'll try to replicate your test when I can. It'll have to wait a while. It's currently 4 deg here in Nebraska.

exesivefire is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Hey, you're the first ATS owner I've heard of in the Cleveland area...I've seen no ATS's on the road....sorry to hear about your problem; try Dave Towell Cadillac in Akron....I've found they solve just any problem....
    To be fair, I haven't taken my car in it anything yet.

I probably should be more picky about my 50k car, but I'm not yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Bertha D Blues View Post
    AtlantaGuy00, I'll try to replicate your test when I can. It'll have to wait a while. It's currently 4 deg here in Nebraska.
    The temperature is -2F this morning. After a 15-mile drive I started turning down the temp setting and the tapping stopped at 65 degrees. Set it to 66 and it started again.

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    I've noticed this for the first time this morning. While it was tapping I noticed that by going up or down on the temp it would stop. If I would let the unit sit a little while the tapping would come back, but as soon as I go up or down on the temp it would stop. Almost as if while the temp was adjusting its quiet but as soon as the temps equal out its back. Now I usually keep mine set on AUTO. I wonder if this has something to do with the auto climate.

Lmanaro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD

Took mine to the dealer. They said GM is aware and posted a bulletin on it. The service advisor said there isn't a fix yet but will most likely be a software update...

ATSunacceptable1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 AWD

I have the same problem as all of you, and even more annoying than the noise is Cadillac's notion that Document ID:3225525, that essentially says
    "turn up the heater fan, open the windows, and increase the volume on the radio and the noise will be less noticeable" on a $51,000 car is acceptable to consumer's of American products. That is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard from an Engineering group who's purpose it was to compete one on one with the Ultimate Driving Machine. You'd think someone in Lansing would find their job in jeopardy for not providing a "fix" in the 60 days since they documented the problem.
    scsgoal31 and scsgoal31 like this.

scsgoal31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Manual - Performance

Quote Originally Posted by ATSunacceptable1 View Post
    I have the same problem as all of you, and even more annoying than the noise is Cadillac's notion that Document ID:3225525, that essentially says
    "turn up the heater fan, open the windows, and increase the volume on the radio and the noise will be less noticeable" on a $51,000 car is acceptable to consumer's of American products. That is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard from an Engineering group who's purpose it was to compete one on one with the Ultimate Driving Machine. You'd think someone in Lansing would find their job in jeopardy for not providing a "fix" in the 60 days since they documented the problem.
    Could you shed some light on this doc you speak of? Where did you see it? Is it something easily referenced by others?

Lake_Grl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Took delivery of my ATS yesterday evening. On my way home I noticed the knocking noise. I took the car back to the dealership first thing this morning and was informed of the service bulletin. My dealership has a 3-day buy back guarantee, so I advised the GM I am considering returning the vehicle even though I do LOVE it

The GM contacted the regional mgr. and after further investigation he discovered a new software update has been released within the last 24-hrs. He told me it was not a complete or final fix, but helps to make the noise less noticeable. I'm taking it in tomorrow around lunch to have the update installed, so we'll see how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Lake_Grl View Post
    ... a new software update has been released within the last 24-hrs. He told me it was not a complete or final fix, but helps to make the noise less noticeable. I'm taking it in tomorrow around lunch to have the update installed, so we'll see how it goes!
    That's great news! Please let us know how it works for you. Bert

Ask your dealer for it. Document ID: 3225525
    #PIC5786: Normal Characteristic - Faint Clicking Noise Heard In Dash Intermittently - (Dec 4, 2012)

Lake_Grl
    Please also provide dealer name and city/state. My dealer is unable to find software update. Thanks.

----------

Lake_Grl
    Please also provide dealer name and city/state. My dealer is unable to find software update. Thanks.

Lake_Grl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Well.....the software update did NOT solve our problem. I was told by the service mgr that the update addressed HVAC air flow, so that is why they thought it would work. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon!!

I will continue to pursue quality resolution with dealership and Cadillac Customer Care. Certainly not what I'd expect from North American Car of the Year!

paul780 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

I also am a victim of this HVAC noise issue. Very disappointing to spend this kind on money for a brand new vehicle and have an issue that wouldn't be found in a 20k new car.
    My ATS is 2 weeks ago and began having the tapping noise days after taking ownership. My dealership gave me the same response as others, "GM is aware of this issue and working on a fix, sorry for the inconvenience". Very annoying....

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    This annoyance is starting to grow on me in the worst way at times.. There are times I'd like silence AND heat, and other than the 5 seconds or so I get when I toggle the degree down a notch, this'd seem impossible currently in my vehicle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.