Tapping noise in HVAC system - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Tapping noise in HVAC system in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I think I'll make the video I took of mine making the noise "public" on YouTube. (Now it's private) Maybe ...
    AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Re: Tapping noise in HVAC system

I think I'll make the video I took of mine making the noise "public" on YouTube. (Now it's private) Maybe we can start to generate some awareness. Probably a small dose of embarrasment for Cadillac may help them to take it more seriously. I have an idea that this problem is more widespread than we realize as not everyone reads this forum.

Its an ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00
    I think I'll make the video I took of mine making the noise "public" on YouTube. (Now it's private) Maybe we can start to generate some awareness. Probably a small dose of embarrasment for Cadillac may help them to take it more seriously. I have an idea that this problem is more widespread than we realize as not everyone reads this forum.
    Mine most definitely does it... My steering wheel is beginning to creak too. I wonder what edmunds did???

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

AtlantaGuy00, I emailed a link to your video to my service representative a while back. I hope he forwarded it to the engineer he was working with. I suspect, however, that Cadillac engineers don't need to go too far out of their way to witness this in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Its an ATS View Post
    Mine most definitely does it... My steering wheel is beginning to creak too. I wonder what edmunds did???
    They had the steering wheel replaced. There was another magazine whose loaner car had the HVAC issue, and they had the car replaced with another example, but I can't find the link to that. However, when looking for it, I noticed that my YouTube video is now the number one google return when searching for "Cadillac ATS Heater Noise"

NoVA_ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

My ATS AWD 3.6 makes the exact same noise. It was delivered in late October, and I bought it in late December. I am going to Moore Cadillac in Chantilly, VA on Monday. I will bring it up with them. I thought it was going to be one of those "your car is the only one that makes that noise." No offense, but I am glad that my misery has company

Its an ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by NoVA_ATS
    My ATS AWD 3.6 makes the exact same noise. It was delivered in late October, and I bought it in late December. I am going to Moore Cadillac in Chantilly, VA on Monday. I will bring it up with them. I thought it was going to be one of those "your car is the only one that makes that noise." No offense, but I am glad that my misery has company
    They can't deny a large group of dissatisfied owners...

Blk99vett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

My ATS makes this noise as well. I immediately "recognized" the sound the first time I needed heat. My last auto was a 2004 Saab 9-3 and it made the same exact noise when I needed heat on a colder day...but I don't recall it happening in my Saab in the first several years I owned it or I would have had it looked at under warranty. I don't recall ever hearing the noise with the A/C on in my Saab. I would definitely be interested in learning about the potential cause and remedy.

I'm starting to get "nag" emails from my dealer that it's time for my 3 month new car "check up". So, I'm going to take it in and re-visit this issue. I'll keep you posted. Also, on another thread about seat movement, someone mentioned that they had the drivers seat replaced and that solved that issue. As my seat does that too (great to be on the "bleeding edge ain't it! ) I'm going to report that as well. Stay tuned.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    I have this issue listed as a complaint for service on my vehicle this Thursday. I'll let you know what they say, and if they find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    I have this issue listed as a complaint for service on my vehicle this Thursday. I'll let you know what they say, and if they find anything.
    Thanks bungee. After compareing notes with other here, it seems that the dealers don't know what to do. But, we have to report the issue so Cadillac can understand the scope. Let me know what they tell you and I'll do the same. I guess I'll take in in later this week.

NoVA_ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

So Moore Cadillac basically said that Cadillac Corporate has no answer yet...this is ridiculous. $50k car and everyone has this issue, and there is no fix. GM needs to get their act together.

I'm under the impression that it's so far down on their give a s**t list that they don't have the desire to correct the problem since we aren't having our cars towed back to the dealers (well, I did lol) and it's not a safety issue. However it's so irritating that I wouldn't have purchased the car had I known.

cdp
    cdp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium. Opulent Blue

I'm not sure my noise is exactly the same as the others, but i do have a noise coming from the HVAC system. Its intermittent, but the time between the noises is not completely consistent. It sounds a bit like a small plastic oscillating fan that on one end of the cycle the blade rattles against the guard. It's a little bit faint. I actually don't really notice it at highway speeds, but notice it when stuck in traffic or going slow. I presume that it's related to a fan running so I expect it to be with me all the time as I'll be running it nonstop as the weather gets warm here in Texas. I only have about 500 miles on my car at this point so it will be a while before I take it in for service. I guess I've been lucky as this is the only problem I've had. The car otherwise is fantastic. I even prefer CUE to Idrive on my BMW Z4.

motivedetroit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium AWD, 2009 CTS Premium AWD

Mine does it too. I turn the radio up to block it.

hanger505 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Performance

Tap tap tap.... Drives me nuts

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.