Loose drivers seat
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Loose drivers seat in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; The drivers seat on my ATS shifts slightly going around curves and corners. Not as if its not secured to ...
    AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Loose drivers seat

The drivers seat on my ATS shifts slightly going around curves and corners. Not as if its not secured to the car, but the actual padded bottom
    portion moves. It's getting worse. Have any of you experienced this and reported it to the dealer? Was the issue fixed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

slowdriver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Still negotiating

Re: Loose drivers seat

not to be offensive, how much do you weigh? are you like 6' 6" and center of gravity higher. Does it seem that the seat bottom is coming apart?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

AtlantaGuy00, thank you for bringing this to my attention! I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread for updates, and please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you would like me to investigate further for you or contact your dealer on your behalf to schedule an appointment for diagnosis.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

zr1mom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Prem 2.0T AWD Black Raven Red

I've seen a couple of other owners mention this I believe on another Cadillac forum.

tomuchwrk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Performance 2wd 24k miles

I am having the same problem. I am 5.5 170 lbs.

MyfirstCad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Thundergray 13 ATS Performance V6

I have it as well. I took and inspection mirror and a flashlight under the seat and can't see anything loose. Must be something internal to the seat. I'll have it looked at when I get a few more niggles. Front left TMPS sensor is off by 6 psi compared to the other 3 and a hand gauge.

Mr.Blonde is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None yet

5' 10'' and my seat moves as well. It doesn't move a lot it feels like the center cushion part is moving and maybe not the whole seat.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Has anyone brought this to the attention of the dealer? If so, what was the result?

EricDOhio is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

I have the loose seat as well and I am weighing in at a paltry 163. Is there any way to find if there is a TSB on this issue?

KATIE - I'd give you my VIN but it is not going to tell you anything about my seat so let's not bother to go down that road. Katie: what would be best is to alert GM about the fact that several members noted the issue and likely many more aren't online or don't care. Clearly, there is an issue.

E

Groomie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadllac ATS Performance 2.0 T Black Raven

Hey guys,

5'10" and 170lbs. I have been noticing this too. I was not sure what it was until it has been brought up here. Same symptoms as others. When I take her in to the dealership
    for a oil change, I will get them to check it out.

Groomie

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by EricDOhio View Post
    I have the loose seat as well and I am weighing in at a paltry 163. Is there any way to find if there is a TSB on this issue?

KATIE - I'd give you my VIN but it is not going to tell you anything about my seat so let's not bother to go down that road. Katie: what would be best is to alert GM about the fact that several members noted the issue and likely many more aren't online or don't care. Clearly, there is an issue.

E
    Hello EricDOhio,

My name is Laura M. and Katie has moved on to explore different opportunities. I have taken over her forum. I am here to be of assistance for you. All customer concerns are documented and stored and may be accessed by many departments at General Motors. We are happy to help any person who has expressed this concern. We help on a personal basis and I would like to further research your concern for you. In order for me to do so, I do need your VIN# because this will provide me with accurate information specific to your vehicle. If you private message me on this forum I can continue to work with you to resolve this issue. In the private message please include your contact information, your VIN# and the name and address of a dealership, if there is one you have been in contact with nearby. Thank you and have a great night!

Sincerely,
    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

All, I had this problem and reported it to my dealership. It took two tries, but they did get it fixed. I wish they would have told me what the problem was, but the didn't.

Rongotti is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have this same issue, it is driving me crazy!

Mr.Blonde is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None yet

when I brought my car in for the update and first oil change (which was a terrible experience) I told them about the seat. At first they said they checked everything and said it was fine. I insisted they have a tech take it for a ride around some turns so he could feel what I am talking about. The service guy says, "Our service manager feels what you are talking about but its not the seat. It seems like just the foam cushion is shifting a little" as if that's totally fine and normal. I was like, "I don't really care what is moving but the fact that it's moving. It needs to be fixed." He said he would look into it and call me back if they had a fix. So I drove off the dealership and I swear it was worse than it ever was. Not only could you feel it moving but now it was making creaking noises around every slight turn. It is driving me crazy!

Rifle and rucksack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    Yes I have been experiencing this same issue since the second week of owning the car. I thought it was just me because I am a 6ft 200 lbs plus guy. I did notice that the whole seat does not move only the bottom portion slightly moves and makes a dull clicking noise. I just received my notice to have my CUE system updated. I will make sure to bring this issue up as well as the paint protection application i purchased when i bought the car not preventing stains to the paint. Still love the car but I could have saved some money on the zylon or whatever it is called.
    Psu12kc and Psu12kc like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.