Loose drivers seat - Page 9
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Loose drivers seat in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Mine goes in Thursday for CUE update and normal service. Told the rep of the issue and told him to ...
    nc-atsman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Mine goes in Thursday for CUE update and normal service. Told the rep of the issue and told him to defer doing anything until GM comes out with something more definitive. He was not surprised and quickly asked me if it was during side to side movement. I think they have heard this before.

Cherasdad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0

Re: Loose drivers seat

For the previous posters with the creaky elbow rest...am with you. Creaks also at the top of the door when elbow placed there. Discovering now that the right hand gets its fair share also, as the shift knob is loosening. I mentioned in an earlier post that I was offered a $3K "discount" for my 2.0T Premium because it was manufactured before Nov '12. I am now gaining a better understanding of why the GM generosity.

dave42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6

I got my car back after 4 days at the dealer. They never were able to replicate the problem with the drivers seat and they couldn't find anything wrong with it when they inspected it so no progress on that front. I also had them look into a rattle coming from somewhere around the handle in the roof over on the driver's side (right next to my ear). They thought they fixed that but it was back this morning as strong as ever. Very disappointing. 4 days in the shop with nothing to show for it.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by sohlman View Post
    I just picked up my car. Initial feelings are good...again, fingers-crossed. This is the "cause" written on my paperwork:

CAUSE: LF SEAT FRAME LEFT SIDE MOTOR ASSY PIN TO TRACK MOVING AND POPPING IN FRAME
    DRIVER OR PASSENGER SEAT CUSHION FRAME REPLACEMENT
    PART#: 13503289 F-FRAME

Only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello dave42,

Please let me know how your ride with the tech goes. I am sorry for this ongoing seat issue you are dealing with.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Hello sohlman,

Thanks for sharing this with everyone. I see the dealer was able to install a new part in your vehicle. Please keep us updated on how everything is going with your ATS.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Quote Originally Posted by sohlman View Post
    So far so good. Long trip this weekend and it felt like it should...planted.

Not sure what they did with the old part. My passenger seat is doing it too, but they wanted to see if this works before they tear down that seat. When I get it fixed, I'll ask about spreading the word to GM.
    My concern is that this "fix" is akin to replacing the whole seat; the part is inherently defective and by replacing it with a new part, you are only buying time until this one begins to exhibit the same issue.

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
    My concern is that this "fix" is akin to replacing the whole seat; the part is inherently defective and by replacing it with a new part, you are only buying time until this one begins to exhibit the same issue.
    Possibly, but it doesn't necessarily follow as there are many of us not experiencing any seat troubles at all. Regardless, this would still be the road to a permanent fix as presumably the faulty parts will be inspected for cause.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by 73JPS View Post
    Possibly, but it doesn't necessarily follow as there are many of us not experiencing any seat troubles at all. Regardless, this would still be the road to a permanent fix as presumably the faulty parts will be inspected for cause.
    From your lips...er...fingers to the car gods ears.
    73JPS likes this.

Lanzz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T - looking at XTS Premium

I struggled with a similar seat issue with a 2009 Maxima for the entire time I owned the car... After 18 trips to 3 different dealers, 3 seat replacements, chipped paint and broken trim pieces I finally gave up and traded the car. I hope Cadillac does a better job getting a handle on this QUICKLY and fixing it PERMANENTLY, otherwise, the ATS comes off my shopping list.

Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
    From your lips...er...fingers to the car gods ears.
    If those Gods are in the same union as the Bowling Gods and Baseball Gods, I'm afraid my optimism just went "pfffdt" .

sohlman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 4 3.6 Premium

I'm with you torkibe...super skeptical that they actually fixed it. But for now, I'm giving them the benefit-of-the-doubt cuz the seat is still planted. Only time will tell.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Any updates?

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

I think I am having a similar issue, but it is very minor and hard to notice right now. I am going to live with it until a definite solution comes up.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    I think I am having a similar issue, but it is very minor and hard to notice right now. I am going to live with it until a definite solution comes up.
    Here is the issue, if you don't report it to Cadillac by taking it to the dealership them Cadillac will not put resources on it to get a solution.

Everyone who has the problem needs to at least take it to the dealership to report the problem and to get a case opened.

Rifle and rucksack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by cullama213

Here is the issue, if you don't report it to Cadillac by taking it to the dealership them Cadillac will not put resources on it to get a solution.

Everyone who has the problem needs to at least take it to the dealership to report the problem and to get a case opened.
    Yeah, you have a point. Plus I ask myself often why did I pay nearly 50,000 for something I am not satisfied with. I plan on taking it by this week.

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Fair point! OK, in my next oil change visit, I will draw the dealer's attention to this problem, but will specifically ask them not to do anything, if you don't know the exact solution! Will ask them just report the issue to the Cadillac.
    GJB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cullama213 View Post

Since ben stated "I think I am having a similar issue, but it is very minor and hard to notice right now" I would suggest it is more problematic to mention the problem at this point. If the owner can barely notice it, then the dealership is unlikely to be able to pinpoint it. It is then possible that the owner ends up with a credibility problem: it may not seem fair, but it is often a natural result of "complaining" about things that are really minor, or at least 'hardly noticeable'. Assuming safety is not at stake, it's much better to wait until the problem is at least obvious and consistent, IMHO.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.