Loose drivers seat - Page 8
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Loose drivers seat in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy They haven't been able to reproduce it? Are you saying it comes and goes? It ...
    dave42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6

Re: Loose drivers seat

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    They haven't been able to reproduce it? Are you saying it comes and goes?
    It happens consistently with me. Either they aren't sensitive enough to feel it or perhaps it only happens with the seat in certain positions. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow morning to take the tech for a ride and show him the problem. We'll see how it goes.

sohlman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 4 3.6 Premium

I just picked up my car. Initial feelings are good...again, fingers-crossed. This is the "cause" written on my paperwork:

CAUSE: LF SEAT FRAME LEFT SIDE MOTOR ASSY PIN TO TRACK MOVING AND POPPING IN FRAME
    DRIVER OR PASSENGER SEAT CUSHION FRAME REPLACEMENT
    PART#: 13503289 F-FRAME

Only time will tell.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by dave42 View Post
    It happens consistently with me. Either they aren't sensitive enough to feel it or perhaps it only happens with the seat in certain positions. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow morning to take the tech for a ride and show him the problem. We'll see how it goes.
    Hello dave42,

Please let me know how your ride with the tech goes. I am sorry for this ongoing seat issue you are dealing with.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by sohlman View Post
    I just picked up my car. Initial feelings are good...again, fingers-crossed. This is the "cause" written on my paperwork:

CAUSE: LF SEAT FRAME LEFT SIDE MOTOR ASSY PIN TO TRACK MOVING AND POPPING IN FRAME
    DRIVER OR PASSENGER SEAT CUSHION FRAME REPLACEMENT
    PART#: 13503289 F-FRAME

Only time will tell.
    Hello sohlman,

Thanks for sharing this with everyone. I see the dealer was able to install a new part in your vehicle. Please keep us updated on how everything is going with your ATS.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

dave42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6

Of course the car was on it's best behavior during the test ride. There was only a little bit of movement from the seat but we did manage to reproduce a slight rattle coming from the roof just behind the driver's side A-pillar. I think they have a better understanding of the symptoms now, we'll see if they can find the problem.

The dealer (Orange Coast Cadillac) is committed to solve the problem and has been very accommodating.

tomuchwrk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Performance 2wd 24k miles

sohlman ,

Keep us posted. Did the dealer send the removed part to GM for testing? Hopefully there is a fix soon. GM had a similar problem on the 94-96 Impala's, said that the nylon spacers in the seat tracks were cut too small and wore out to quickly. Maybe the case here, GM did nothing to fix, only aftermarket parts were available. We may be here on our own again. Lets get the d3 engineers on the case! We need a bail out!

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Everyone,

Lets get a tally of who has this problem and which type of seats you have... This may help Caddy focus in on the problem. I don't think the dealerships are going to be able to solve it without some input from the engineers...

----------

I have the problem and I have the 8 way seats

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

I've started noticing that it shifts about 1/4" for me, maybe less.

I have the 20 way adjustable seats.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    I've started noticing that it shifts about 1/4" for me, maybe less.

I have the 20 way adjustable seats.
    20 way?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Rongotti View Post
    I would love to open a case myself, I am about due for an oil change and tire rotation I would love to drop it off and get everything handled.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Hello Rongotti,

If you would like to open a case, please private message us your name, contact info, VIN, mileage and dealership you would like to work with. I would be more than happy to set up a case for you regarding this concern. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by cullama213 View Post
    20 way?
    sorry, had CTS on the brain

the 'performance' seats with the adjustable torso bolsters.

DJinAC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 RWD Perfomance

I noticed mine pops and makes noise I have a performance edition with the side bolster seats. They are the performance seats. I also notice the top of the drivers door creaks if I leave my elbow on it while driving.

Rongotti is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    DJin mine creaks when I have my elbow on the ledge that the window controls are on, drives me up a wall

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

DJinAC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 RWD Perfomance

Rongotti. It is actually both doors that do it my wife noticed her side making the same noise this morning. I guess this is what we get for buying the older stock. My car was made 11/12. Just a little disheartening that we paid 47K and the interior is already creaking.

Rifle and rucksack is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by cullama213
    Everyone,

Lets get a tally of who has this problem and which type of seats you have... This may help Caddy focus in on the problem. I don't think the dealerships are going to be able to solve it without some input from the engineers...

----------

I have the problem and I have the 8 way seats
    I too have serious problems with my seat and I believe they are the ten way. I have the premium level ATS if that helps with the adjustable bolsters. Lately it has been driving me crazy. I have not been back to the dealership yet, waiting on a hopeful fix to the problem as my dealer tech told me last time that this is how the seats are made. I haven't told the wife yet but I am really thinking of trading this puppy in. Maybe should of stuck with the first notion of getting a CTS coupe or should have test driven the Audi that was scheduled for later that day. Still like the car but I am really getting annoyed.

sohlman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by tomuchwrk View Post
    sohlman ,

Keep us posted. Did the dealer send the removed part to GM for testing? Hopefully there is a fix soon. GM had a similar problem on the 94-96 Impala's, said that the nylon spacers in the seat tracks were cut too small and wore out to quickly. Maybe the case here, GM did nothing to fix, only aftermarket parts were available. We may be here on our own again. Lets get the d3 engineers on the case! We need a bail out!
    So far so good. Long trip this weekend and it felt like it should...planted.

Not sure what they did with the old part. My passenger seat is doing it too, but they wanted to see if this works before they tear down that seat. When I get it fixed, I'll ask about spreading the word to GM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.