Loose drivers seat - Page 7
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Loose drivers seat in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Sadly, am adding to the thread with another update. I reported several weeks ago that after the dealership replaced the ...
    Cherasdad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0

Re: Loose drivers seat

Sadly, am adding to the thread with another update. I reported several weeks ago that after the dealership replaced the entire seat with another from a 2.0T Premium on the lot, all was well. It was, for about 2 weeks. The same issue has reared its very ugly head again, and even with the new seat, I am back to the shifting/clicking/crunching frustration. I have re-contacted the dealership and they stated they will now submit an official proposal to GM for a structural change...or, in our customer-speak...they are punting the problem to GM.
    For those of you attempting to have the seat change-out as I did, I think its a futile move. This is now a known and frequently reported problem, and all we can do is voice as we are here. The sad part for me is that I, like most of you I am sure, are falling out of love with our new $50K-ish Caddys. Unless there is a resolution soon, I will look forward to eventually renewing my relationship with German engineering/customer service.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Cherasdad View Post
    Sadly, am adding to the thread with another update. I reported several weeks ago that after the dealership replaced the entire seat with another from a 2.0T Premium on the lot, all was well. It was, for about 2 weeks. The same issue has reared its very ugly head again, and even with the new seat, I am back to the shifting/clicking/crunching frustration. I have re-contacted the dealership and they stated they will now submit an official proposal to GM for a structural change...or, in our customer-speak...they are punting the problem to GM.
    For those of you attempting to have the seat change-out as I did, I think its a futile move. This is now a known and frequently reported problem, and all we can do is voice as we are here. The sad part for me is that I, like most of you I am sure, are falling out of love with our new $50K-ish Caddys. Unless there is a resolution soon, I will look forward to eventually renewing my relationship with German engineering/customer service.
    I am Nostradamus

Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
    I commend your dealer for at least acknowledging the issue and attempting to rectify it, but I suspect it's simply a matter of time until your "new" seat starts having the same issue. Mine didn't begin until over 1000 miles and 2 months of driving.

dave42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6

Not surprising that it came back. It must be design or systematic manufacturing problem. I'm taking my car in for this issue on Tuesday. I'm not expecting an immediate fix but I figure that enough people have to complain to get GM to understand this a systematic problem and allocate resources to develop a fix.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by dave42 View Post
    Not surprising that it came back. It must be design or systematic manufacturing problem. I'm taking my car in for this issue on Tuesday. I'm not expecting an immediate fix but I figure that enough people have to complain to get GM to understand this a systematic problem and allocate resources to develop a fix.
    I'm not surprised but did not expect it simply because its not universal. Was the donor car built around the same time and its a bad batch of parts? Are the failures usage related, for example my wife and I use the same seat settings, so may have adjusted them once ever. We don't have the problem. There has to be a reason why any specific problem is isolated to just a subset of owners and figuring it out ourselves could be faster than waiting for Cadillac to.

Am now wondering about the $3,000 discount I received from GM for purchasing (sale date - May 2013) an ATS that was built before Nov 2012. Any other loose seat sufferers receive that same discount? Mine was automatically deducted from final price. Searching for a common denominator.

Meanwhile, I did re-contact GM Cust Srvc and they immediately responded. They are re-opening my case and putting a Field Rep in touch. I have requested to have one of these reps actually come out and drive my car...let him or her "experience the thrill." I will continue to post and update.

Cherasdad
    2013 ATS 2.0T Premium Package

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Good luck with that inform us please if and when said field personnel arrives. Thanks

I sure will, and you are welcome.

nc-atsman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Appreciate the update and any response you get. My ATS was built in November and has been problem free other than this seat noise. I have tried every setting and adjustment to no avail. I will be having the CUE update performed and am going to include this on my Warranty request. I prefer to have nothing done until a TSB or some other fix is found - I definitely believe it is a systemic flaw in the seat design either structurally or in the material.

Steve247 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherasdad
    As I mentioned in the past I've had the same issue over and over again. They swapped out a loner car seat into my caddy and the problem was worse then ever. I went head to head with my dealership and they decided to take a brand new car seat and replace it into my car. Drove off the lot today with a HUGE smile, but time will tell if it occurs again. Will keep you posted...

dave42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6

It's probably only a matter of time until it comes back. We're not going to get a real fix until GM finds the root cause and issues a TSB.

I dropped mine off at the dealer today, but they haven't been able to reproduce the problem yet. The loaner ATS that I have doesn't have the problem. Although it has the standard 8-way seats and only 1k miles.

Steve,

I hope yours works out for the best. My seat was also changed out with a brand new seat. It was perfect for roughly 2 days, then started to deteriorate. On my ride home yesterday, I could hear it clicking and clacking and could feel the seat shifting during the entire road home. As a further update...I requested to have my previously closed ticket with Cadillac/GM customer service re-opened. I received an immediate response that it was re-opened and that I would be contacted quickly by a rep. So far, there has been no contact. Will give it a week before I attempt to own a part of GM. This is just unbelievably frustrating.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

It's probably only a matter of time until it comes back. We're not going to get a real fix until GM finds the root cause and issues a TSB.

I dropped mine off at the dealer today, but they haven't been able to reproduce the problem yet. The loaner ATS that I have doesn't have the problem. Although it has the standard 8-way seats and only 1k miles.
    They haven't been able to reproduce it? Are you saying it comes and goes?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi dave42,

I understand how you and all others with the seat issue are frustrated. I want to let you know we have documented your concerns with the loose seat. I see your vehicle is currently at the dealer and they have not been able to reproduce the issue yet. Please let me know when you hear your next update from them.

Thanks,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cherasdad View Post
    Steve,

I hope yours works out for the best. My seat was also changed out with a brand new seat. It was perfect for roughly 2 days, then started to deteriorate. On my ride home yesterday, I could hear it clicking and clacking and could feel the seat shifting during the entire road home. As a further update...I requested to have my previously closed ticket with Cadillac/GM customer service re-opened. I received an immediate response that it was re-opened and that I would be contacted quickly by a rep. So far, there has been no contact. Will give it a week before I attempt to own a part of GM. This is just unbelievably frustrating.
    Hello Cherasdad,

I understand how this ongoing seat issue is frustrating. I see you have reached out to your representative again. Please let me know once you make contact. I can also be reached via private message and have you include your case number so I can check on the status.

Thanks,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Rongotti is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I would love to open a case myself, I am about due for an oil change and tire rotation I would love to drop it off and get everything handled.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

sohlman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 4 3.6 Premium

Picking my car up in the AM after a week at the dealership. Fingers-crossed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.