Loose drivers seat - Page 6
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Loose drivers seat in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hasn't happened to me yet, but now I will be watching for it....
    mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Re: Loose drivers seat

Hasn't happened to me yet, but now I will be watching for it.

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Gotta love dealers who take care of your needs!

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Cherasdad View Post
    Here with an update:

After 2 calls to the Cadillac Customer Service 1-800#, I had the dealership contact me with what they hoped might be a solution. They invited me down to the dealership and picked out a new ATS for me to drive for an hour. Their plan was to have me identify a seat in another car that did not shift and have that exact seat swapped in for my shifting seat. They accomplished this in 2 days, as they had to glue down carpet that had tented up under the passenger seat and impossibly made it through GM's less-than-extensive (apparently) QA/QC line.

So far, and its been a week, there is NO lateral movement and the only movement at all is just in the extender part of the seat I have mine fully extended), and this is very minor and seems normal.

Further discussion with my Service Manager led me to believe this is now a well documented problem and he feels GM will be providing a SB in the near future. In the meantime, am keeping fingers crossed that my replacement seat was an adequate band-aid.

Good luck all!

Cherasdad
    2013 ATS
    2.0T w/Premium Package
    I commend your dealer for at least acknowledging the issue and attempting to rectify it, but I suspect it's simply a matter of time until your "new" seat starts having the same issue. Mine didn't begin until over 1000 miles and 2 months of driving.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
    It's getting progressively worse. If I am doing anything other than going straight I feel the seat shift; and in a new twist the seats are starting to sound "crunchy," as if whatever the cushion is made out of is drying out. I wonder what temps and for what length of time the material was tested as it has been in the upper 80's and 90's for the last few days. I am beginning to get very worried about this.
    Hello torkibe,

I apologize for the seat issue you are experiencing. Have you tried contacting the dealership in regards to this matter yet? Please private message me so we can continue our interaction and work with internal sources to help solve your concerns.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello torkibe,

I apologize for the seat issue you are experiencing. Have you tried contacting the dealership in regards to this matter yet? Please private message me so we can continue our interaction and work with internal sources to help solve your concerns.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Hi Laura,

I have not yet addressed it with my dealership. I haven't had time to set an appointment but quite frankly I'm expecting an answer similar to the answer I got about the rough idle, which was "They all do that." I hate to sound melodramatic, but it really is ruining what started out as a wonderful driving experience. I used to look forward to corners and turns and now I cringe expecting the movement and the pop.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Hi Laura,

I have not yet addressed it with my dealership. I haven't had time to set an appointment but quite frankly I'm expecting an answer similar to the answer I got about the rough idle, which was "They all do that." I hate to sound melodramatic, but it really is ruining what started out as a wonderful driving experience. I used to look forward to corners and turns and now I cringe expecting the movement and the pop.
    I second that feeling!

Hi Laura,

Hello torkibe,

I understand how you are feeling in regards to the vehicle seat issue. I wanted to let you know I did receive your private message and will also respond to you that way.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Rongotti is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello torkibe,

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Laura I definitely do not want to come off rude, but why make this offer just to tell him the same thing the rest of us who contacted you all was told? If you guys were going to help us then this would still not be unsolved after this many months.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by Rongotti View Post
    Laura I definitely do not want to come off rude, but why make this offer just to tell him the same thing the rest of us who contacted you all was told? If you guys were going to help us then this would still not be unsolved after this many months.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Hello Rongotti,

I completely understand your question, it did not come off rude at all. We treat every issue on a case by case basis. This is because every concern isn’t the same and neither are the factors that are causing them. Reaching out to everyone with this issue helps in the documenting process as well. Cherasdad’s dealership was able to address the concern he was having. We have documented your posts and we are working towards a resolution for your concern. If you would like to further discuss your particular concern, please feel free to message us privately. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

tomuchwrk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Performance 2wd 24k miles

Spoke with customer care and my dealership of this problem. Can we get a total of how many people are experiencing this problem so GM can send out a service bulletin please.

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by tomuchwrk View Post
    Spoke with customer care and my dealership of this problem. Can we get a total of how many people are experiencing this problem so GM can send out a service bulletin please.
    +1 here

nc-atsman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    I have noticed a "clicking" or "loose" sound in my passenger seat when it is occupied and some noise in the drivers seat as well. The drivers seat noise seems to occur following lateral movement in the seat. I am very pleased with car (7 months) and am waiting for a Technical Bulletin or announced fix. I have a 3.6 Premium.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by tomuchwrk View Post
    +1 here

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Same issue here....when taking turns, the seat shifts and makes sort of a clicking noise.

sohlman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 4 3.6 Premium

Guess I'm the latest victim of this issue. It's been over a 6 months since this thread began and no fix, TSB or GM recognition? That's unfortunate.

I got a fix Cadillac Customer Care: Please install two original equipment Recaros from the CTS-V and throw out the vibrating seat alert thingy...it goes off with every rain drop.

http://www.recaro-automotive.com/en/...lac-cts-v.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.