Loose drivers seat - Page 5
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Loose drivers seat in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Has anyone cross referenced these issues as to whether they are more common to the 10-way or the 6-way adjustable ...
    73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Re: Loose drivers seat

Has anyone cross referenced these issues as to whether they are more common to the 10-way or the 6-way adjustable seat?

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

I have the 10 way and began experiencing this a few weeks ago.

dave42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6

I've also noticed that the driver seat shifts slightly and makes a click noise sometimes during hard turns. It's happened since I bought the car car ~3 weeks ago. I have the 10 way seat.

Steve247 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Cherasad,

I do agree that it does take the excitement out of driving this beauty. Again I will be bringing my car into service maybe next week or latest the week after. I feel confident that this will be resolved and any and all info I get I will pass along to you personally !!! I still love driving the car and when fixed it will be like reuniting with an old flame, LOL even thou I'm married !!!!

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

I have the 10 way seats and mine just started doing this about a week ago.

Steve247 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Well I have an appointment next Wednesday and will let you know what the deal is. The salesman said the issue "might" be the vibration sensors under the seat. Will soon find out and will post the results.

ontogenesis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX 3.6, 2013 ATS 2.0T

I have the same issue, 2.0T with 10 way seats, started to experience it immediately after delivery. Dealer said they've heard about it quite a bit. I'm confident they'll be able to address it when I take it in for it's first service appointment. I'll post an update after that...

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

My car has the 8 way safety alert seat.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Mine has started doing it again... So apparently mine did not fixed... Anyone have a resolution yet?

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Interestingly enough, the loaner ATS I am in right now does not have the seat issue... At least not that I can feel... Has the same seats mine does (Premium)...

However, the car is not in the shop to get the seat fixed as I am waiting for someone to figure out the solution!

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

I had a dealer loaner 2.5 ATS w/o the safety alert seat that didn't do it... and right now I'm driving a cheap Chrysler 200 rental that doesn't do it. Sad that I even think about it when I corner while driving another car, even a low end rental.

Golddogs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium

My wife was driving this weekend and while sitting in the passenger seat, I noticed it moves just as much as the drivers seat. Premium trim.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It's getting progressively worse. If I am doing anything other than going straight I feel the seat shift; and in a new twist the seats are starting to sound "crunchy," as if whatever the cushion is made out of is drying out. I wonder what temps and for what length of time the material was tested as it has been in the upper 80's and 90's for the last few days. I am beginning to get very worried about this.

Cherasdad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0

Here with an update:

After 2 calls to the Cadillac Customer Service 1-800#, I had the dealership contact me with what they hoped might be a solution. They invited me down to the dealership and picked out a new ATS for me to drive for an hour. Their plan was to have me identify a seat in another car that did not shift and have that exact seat swapped in for my shifting seat. They accomplished this in 2 days, as they had to glue down carpet that had tented up under the passenger seat and impossibly made it through GM's less-than-extensive (apparently) QA/QC line.

So far, and its been a week, there is NO lateral movement and the only movement at all is just in the extender part of the seat I have mine fully extended), and this is very minor and seems normal.

Further discussion with my Service Manager led me to believe this is now a well documented problem and he feels GM will be providing a SB in the near future. In the meantime, am keeping fingers crossed that my replacement seat was an adequate band-aid.

Good luck all!

Cherasdad
    2013 ATS
    2.0T w/Premium Package

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Great news.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.