Loose drivers seat - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Loose drivers seat in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Mr.Blonde when I brought my car in for the update and first oil change (which was a ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Loose drivers seat

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Blonde View Post
    when I brought my car in for the update and first oil change (which was a terrible experience) I told them about the seat. At first they said they checked everything and said it was fine. I insisted they have a tech take it for a ride around some turns so he could feel what I am talking about. The service guy says, "Our service manager feels what you are talking about but its not the seat. It seems like just the foam cushion is shifting a little" as if that's totally fine and normal. I was like, "I don't really care what is moving but the fact that it's moving. It needs to be fixed." He said he would look into it and call me back if they had a fix. So I drove off the dealership and I swear it was worse than it ever was. Not only could you feel it moving but now it was making creaking noises around every slight turn. It is driving me crazy!
    Hello Mr.Blonde,

I am sorry you had a bad experience with your dealership and that you are dealing with a loose seat. If you private message me on this forum with your contact information, VIN#, current mileage and the name of the dealership which your vehicle was serviced at, I would be more than happy to look into your issues for you. Have a great night.

Sincerely,
    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

I mentioned it to my dealer and they didn't test drive the car, so it wasn't fixed. They only tightened the bolts holding the entire seat to the car. I told them it was the cushion. It was in for a bunch of other things and they didn't address the seat issue properly. I'll bring it up to them again. It's not better, or worse.

Golddogs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium

I am also experiencing the same thing around corners. Today, I checked the bottom seat cushion and the entire bottom section (not the movable cushion) would move up and down slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    I am also experiencing the same thing around corners. Today, I checked the bottom seat cushion and the entire bottom section (not the movable cushion) would move up and down slightly.
    Hi Golddogs,

I am sorry you are dealing with a loose seat. Because your vehicle is still under warranty, I recommend taking your vehicle in for a diagnosis at a dealership. However, there is not a guarantee the dealership will fix this issue free of charge. I just thought I would recommend you getting it checked out if this concern is bugging you. If there are other concerns or questions I can help you with, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

FluxTZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Noticing the same thing on my car as well. Had it for a month and mainly notice it on turns. 6'2", 200lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FluxTZ View Post
    Noticing the same thing on my car as well. Had it for a month and mainly notice it on turns. 6'2", 200lbs.
    Hello FluxTZ,

I am sorry you are experiencing an issue with your seat in your vehicle. If you would like to take your vehicle in for a diagnosis at a dealership, let me know. I am more than happy to assist in locating a nearby dealer and setting up an appointment.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Cherasdad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0

Just purchased 2013 ATS and am absolutely thrilled. I am having the same issues with the "shifting seat" and it seems Cadillac needs to have a service bulletin
    addressing this. I will bring it up to my dealership when I go back in to replace temporary tags.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Yes, with these new cars I'm noticing that since we are on the "bleeding edge" with them (as they are completely new) there aren't many service bulletins available. My dealer is puzzled about nearly everything I've asked them to address. I haven't returned the car for the seat, but I'm going to address it during it's next oil change. It's not bad enough for a special trip.

Chearasdad and AlantaGuy00,

Please keep us informed after your visits to the dealerships about what the dealerships have said when you take in your ATS! If you would like Laura’s or my assistance in working with the dealerships, be sure to private message us. We will be looking for your updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Will do! Will have Dealer's response posted by this weekend.

You are the only member here who mentioned the dealership fixed this issue. What did they say was the cause, and more importantly, what did they do to fix it? I am bringing my 1-week old ATS in tomorrow to address this and would like to be able to lend them an assist.

UPDATE:

I took ATS to dealership this last Thursday. After spending several minutes searching for Service Bulletins, I was told there was nothing addressing this, and no reference other than this forum, which was immediately dismissed as irrelevant by the service department. I had my advisor drive it, and he returned a bit puzzled. He was ready to release me with "No Issue Found" until I had him reach under the seat to pull it side-to-side, and it was then that he acknowledged there was unusual movement. He had lead tech come out and look, after which I was told the gearing mechanism that adjusts the seat seems to not quite fully engage...resulting in the looseness. Was then told that unless bulletin comes out from GM with direction on a possible fix, there was nothing they could do at this time.

It now appears to be getting a bit more loose, and am growing more disappointed by the day. I absolutely love the car, but when I can feel the seat shift almost continuously now, am wondering what recourse I (we) may have with this issue. Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Chearasdad and AlantaGuy00,

Please keep us informed after your visits to the dealerships about what the dealerships have said when you take in your ATS! If you would like Laura’s or my assistance in working with the dealerships, be sure to private message us. We will be looking for your updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

I tried to private message you with a copy of last post, but would not allow due to exceeding alloted space? I sent ONE prior message. Confused.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Cherasdad View Post
    UPDATE:

I took ATS to dealership this last Thursday. After spending several minutes searching for Service Bulletins, I was told there was nothing addresses this, and no reference other than this forum, which was immediately dismissed as irrelevant by the service department.
    VERY strong sign the dealer is an idiot.

I was told the gearing mechanism that adjusts the seat seems to not quite fully engage...resulting in the looseness. Was then told that unless bulletin comes out from GM with direction on a possible fix, there was nothing they could do at this time.
    Proof positive they are idiots. I refuse to believe that Cadillac won't let a dealer replace a part they have confirmed is defective. What they are doing is saying you can twist in the breeze because they don't want to do any extra paperwork/phone calls to document this problem.

I hope there is another dealer near you because at some point you'll share some of the responsibility if you keep going back for more. Please post the dealer name so other forum members can know what they are in for if they go there for service.

Rongotti is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have this same issue, the dealer told me to kick rocks (I am paraphrasing) Cadillac customer service on here was like "we are glad to help, let us know what you need" so I did. They called the dealer and then came back and also told me to kick rocks. I am appalled that everyone can feel it, but nothing can be done about it? The Germans would have had me a loaner and kept this until it was corrected, common; I know you can do better GM!

Rongotti, I totally agree, especially with the German reference. This ATS is positioned by Caddy/GM to directly compete with the 3-Series Beemer and Audi A4 segment, and this is not off to a good start from a service standpoint. Having owned both of those, this was quite a leap off faith to go domestic. Hoping I don't regret the decision.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.