Loose drivers seat - Page 13
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Loose drivers seat in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Greg W. with Cadillac Customer Care, On second thought, please contact me directly, as the loose seat issue, poor radio ...
    Cherasdad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0

Re: Loose drivers seat

Greg W. with Cadillac Customer Care,

On second thought, please contact me directly, as the loose seat issue, poor radio reception, reduction in engine power, and now check engine light all have me again at my wit's end with this Cadillac ATS model.

Cherasdad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0

Have posted numerous times about the loose seat issue, and had the dealership bring it in several months ago for the "service bulletin" fix. Not only did that not work, the seat is now more loose. Had a friend drive it the other day, and he asked what's wrong with the seat..without me even mentioning that issue before he drove it!

My dealership states mine is the only problem they have had with the ATS seat issue. They were unable to fix it, but I see other ATS owners are having success with their fixes at respective dealerships. If mine can't fix it, am willing to travel to have the fix done. I need you to contact dealerships within 200 miles to see which ones have had success with these seat fixes. Let me know what you find out.

That this seems to be my only recourse is frustrating, time-consuming, and frankly, unacceptable for GM's luxury vehicle ownership. Take care of your customers, for God's sake.

nc-atsman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Took my 2013 in last week to Cadillac dealer in Cary NC. Referenced PI1070 and service advisor acknowledged the issue. Parts needed to be obtained via GM's warranty process and was told a call will be made to me when parts arrive. I have 14,800 miles on car and purchased in December of '12 - love the car and am pleased with Cadillac. I did take it in over a year ago for the seat and was told nothing could be found so I am looking forward to a resolution. Must say the seat issue is a little discouraging from an Engineering/Build issue but will reserve judgement until fix is applied. Overall it is a great car and a huge step forward for a domestic luxury brand. Having owned Volvo's before I can attest to every vehicle having some latent quirks tied to a poorly executed design so satisfaction is really a measure of how the manufacturer addresses the issue once prevalent. I trust Caddy will nail this one - will respond once fix is applied.

d_m3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 AWD

My 2013 ATS seat moves as well. Took it to the dealer, and they said this was normal. I doubt this is normal, under heavy breaking the seat moves forward as well as side-to-side in the turns. It's all really minimal but but quite unnerving nonetheless. I am 5'10" and 175lbs.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

See below post from one of our members. Maybe this is it...And to think you can call yourself a 1%er now.

Cadillac Owners Member

Automobile(s): 2014 ATS
    Join Date:Jul 2014Location:Jacksonville, FloridaAge:51Posts:2

2013 - 2014 Cadillac ATS Recall

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...fety/13049005/

Just announced today:

124,008 model year 2014 Chevrolet Caprice, 2014 Chevrolet SS, 2014-2015 Chevrolet Silverado standard duty and heavy duty, 2013-2014 Cadillac ATS, 2014 Cadillac CTS, 2014 Cadillac ELR; 2013-2014 Buick Encore; and 2014-2015 GMC Sierra standard and heavy duty, because some might have a defective seat weld that won't hold the seat in place properly.

Dealers will inspect the weld. If it is insufficient, dealers will replace the lower seat track at no charge. Fewer than 1% of welds are expected to require seat track replacement. GM is unaware of any crashes or injuries as a result of this issue.

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    What timing, just had mine in today for this. A shim has been ordered. Guess they will know about this when I bring it back.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.