Loose drivers seat - Page 12
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Loose drivers seat in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Well, I dropped my car off 7AM Monday morning and was told they would "take another look" at the issue. ...
    torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Re: Loose drivers seat

Well, I dropped my car off 7AM Monday morning and was told they would "take another look" at the issue. When I asked about this link I was told it is not an official GM fix. I'm not sure what their plan is but it is now 3 days later and I haven't heard from them.

dave42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
    Well, I dropped my car off 7AM Monday morning and was told they would "take another look" at the issue. When I asked about this link I was told it is not an official GM fix. I'm not sure what their plan is but it is now 3 days later and I haven't heard from them.
    Have them refer to #PI1070. That's an official GM document.

Picked my car up today and they followed the procedure. He acknowledged it was an official GM document. He then said they did 3 others this week, which it didn't dawn on me at the time but... I brought it to his attention in the first place and dropped my car off at 7AM on Monday morning; It wasn't ready until 4:30PM on Friday. How did they do 3 others this week? Either he lied about that or for some reason people who came in after me got there's done before me. If they were practicing to get get mine right I'm ok with that. Ether way, they actually washed it this time and it feels amazing! Time will tell!

thegabbycat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I had the loose seat problem on our 2013 ATS Performance model. Problem was on both front seats. Last week my dealer fixed both of them using the recently issued technical service bulletin solution. The problem appears to be solved.

RSN
    RSN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I received me ATS back from my dealer yesterday. I have a loose drivers seat, but they were not able to fix it yet because the clamps are on back order. I guess that implies this is a widespread problem. So it will go back to the dealer next week for the fix. Given all the positive results folks have posted, I am optimistic this will resolve the issue.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by thegabbycat View Post
    I had the loose seat problem on our 2013 ATS Performance model. Problem was on both front seats. Last week my dealer fixed both of them using the recently issued technical service bulletin solution. The problem appears to be solved.
    Hello thegabbycat,

I am glad to hear that the dealership was able to address the concern you were experiencing as well. Please feel free to reach out to us via private message or email at socialmedia@gm.com if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you very much for posting your experience.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by RSN View Post
    I received me ATS back from my dealer yesterday. I have a loose drivers seat, but they were not able to fix it yet because the clamps are on back order. I guess that implies this is a widespread problem. So it will go back to the dealer next week for the fix. Given all the positive results folks have posted, I am optimistic this will resolve the issue.
    Hello RSN,

I apologize that the parts to address this concern were on backorder. Please keep us updated when you take your ATS back to the dealership next week and don’t hesitate to reach out to Laura or myself if you would like any assistance working with your dealership. We will be on the lookout for your future updates!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

tomuchwrk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Performance 2wd 42k miles

YES, this is great news, I will be contacting my dealership. Thank you GM.

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

My seat was fixed last week. Only had to wait 2 days for parts. Seat is solid now.

Quote Originally Posted by tomuchwrk View Post
    YES, this is great news, I will be contacting my dealership. Thank you GM.
    Hello tomuchwrk,

I apologize you are experiencing a seat concern as well. If you would like our assistance while working with your dealer, please let us know. We can be contacted via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Perhaps this thread should be stickied with the instructions and document moved to the top for members with dealerships that are ignorant of the issue, or for members who have the issue and just think there is nothing they can do about it.
    redbbq likes this.

Thill is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I just had 2 incidents on the way to work. I was driving 72 mph when my seat started adjusting and I could no longer reach the peddles. I was nearly run over by a semi. It was horribly frightening. I pulled over did a readjustment and looked for anything that could have caused the seat to move. there was nothing. I called my husband and while talking to him it happened again. THis was more than a little dangerous! I know you are thinking like my husband did that I hit the buttons or one of the settings which I did not do. I am calling the local dealer as this car is NOT safe to drive. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Cherasdad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0

My ORIGINAL 2013 ATS had the seat issues, as well as so many other problems that the dealership ended up taking it back and putting me in a brand new 2013 ATS. I hoped that would resolve the problem, as the original was in the shop 11 times in the first 9 months. I noticed the shifting seat issue right away in the replacement ATS, although everything else was perfect. I contacted the dealership and they acknowledged there was a GM bulletin (referenced by a previous post) and they called me right away to have it "fixed." All was well for about a week after I brought it in, but now the seat is shifting AGAIN. The dealership assured me they carried out the procedural fix, and now can only state they will let me know if they see another bulletin come out. Compared to the original lemon, this car is fantastic, but I cannot deal with the seat. I would like to have a GM rep contact me privately to see what can be done. For forum folks, please let me know if anyone is experiencing the same seat issue even after the fix.

Cherasdad

rspitler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherasdad
    My ORIGINAL 2013 ATS had the seat issues, as well as so many other problems that the dealership ended up taking it back and putting me in a brand new 2013 ATS. I hoped that would resolve the problem, as the original was in the shop 11 times in the first 9 months. I noticed the shifting seat issue right away in the replacement ATS, although everything else was perfect. I contacted the dealership and they acknowledged there was a GM bulletin (referenced by a previous post) and they called me right away to have it "fixed." All was well for about a week after I brought it in, but now the seat is shifting AGAIN. The dealership assured me they carried out the procedural fix, and now can only state they will let me know if they see another bulletin come out. Compared to the original lemon, this car is fantastic, but I cannot deal with the seat. I would like to have a GM rep contact me privately to see what can be done. For forum folks, please let me know if anyone is experiencing the same seat issue even after the fix. Cherasdad
    Join the club. My seat had the fix applied 2x. I will say that the problem is 95% fixed but there is still the occasional movement. One of the GM reps on this forum contacted my SA on my behalf but nothing else can be or will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherasdad View Post
    My ORIGINAL 2013 ATS had the seat issues, as well as so many other problems that the dealership ended up taking it back and putting me in a brand new 2013 ATS. I hoped that would resolve the problem, as the original was in the shop 11 times in the first 9 months. I noticed the shifting seat issue right away in the replacement ATS, although everything else was perfect. I contacted the dealership and they acknowledged there was a GM bulletin (referenced by a previous post) and they called me right away to have it "fixed." All was well for about a week after I brought it in, but now the seat is shifting AGAIN. The dealership assured me they carried out the procedural fix, and now can only state they will let me know if they see another bulletin come out. Compared to the original lemon, this car is fantastic, but I cannot deal with the seat. I would like to have a GM rep contact me privately to see what can be done. For forum folks, please let me know if anyone is experiencing the same seat issue even after the fix.

Cherasdad
    Hi Cherasdad,

I sent you a PM regarding your concern and am happy to discuss it further via PM.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Cherasdad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0

Rspitler, thank you for sharing. Since this is my SECOND ATS (as noted in previous post, the original was so problem-ridden, the dealership ended up just taking it back and swapping me into current ATS) and the seat issue still remains, I, also, have basically given up on a fix. I do know that this was my first "try" of the American luxury car, and will also be my last. Am disappointed, and look forward to re-entering the German lineup at some point.

TY GM reps for following up on these posts and offering to contact my service advisor, but that's not necessary anymore. After spending more than 30 hours at the dealership over the last year, I think I've seen enough. Good luck to the rest of you having issues.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.