Loose drivers seat - Page 10
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Loose drivers seat in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Here with an update. For those of you still struggling with the loose seat issue, I can now attest to ...
    Cherasdad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0

Guarded optimism

Here with an update.

For those of you still struggling with the loose seat issue, I can now attest to the squeaky wheel getting the grease approach. I contacted GM's 1-800 Consumer Relations several months ago, and have received at least 6 calls from them. They have kept me in the loop as far as potential engineering fixes and the existence of a Service Bulletin.

I was notified last week by them that the dealership has received the part that the engineers devised to fix the loose seat issue, and that the dealership would contact me to bring car in. I took the initiative, called the dealership, and yes, the part is in. My service rep (who has been great) didn't appear to be too excited, and when I asked why, he told me the great engineering fix was a simple C-clamp. He, and I, anticipated a newly re-designed track system or gearing mechanism, not a C-clamp that a local Walmart could have provided for $2.99.

I bring the car in next week and will report back. Also...curious if others are dealing with 2 other issues.

1) Squeeky arm rest on driver's door. I cannot even lean my left knee against it, as it creaks like it might if it were a '74 Pinto.

2) The carpet. Is it by design that there seems to be too much "give" in it, particularly in the back ? I have spots where I can literally press down without resistance for a solid inch or so. Hoping this is by design, so if any of you can check yours and let me know if the same, would appreciate it.

Thanks for sharing and listening.

Cherasdad

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Re: Loose drivers seat

I bet it cannot be worse than the fix Lexus came up for deadly, loose floor mats:

And yes, it is a zip tie! They puncture the floor mat, route the zip tie through, and zip it to the driver's seat!

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    I bet it cannot be worse than the fix Lexus came up for deadly, loose floor mats:

And yes, it is a zip tie! They puncture the floor mat, route the zip tie through, and zip it to the driver's seat!
    talk about tacky/cheezy, they should have used a black Zip tie

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Guarded optimism

Quote Originally Posted by Cherasdad View Post
    Here with an update.

For those of you still struggling with the loose seat issue, I can now attest to the squeaky wheel getting the grease approach. I contacted GM's 1-800 Consumer Relations several months ago, and have received at least 6 calls from them. They have kept me in the loop as far as potential engineering fixes and the existence of a Service Bulletin.

I was notified last week by them that the dealership has received the part that the engineers devised to fix the loose seat issue, and that the dealership would contact me to bring car in. I took the initiative, called the dealership, and yes, the part is in. My service rep (who has been great) didn't appear to be too excited, and when I asked why, he told me the great engineering fix was a simple C-clamp. He, and I, anticipated a newly re-designed track system or gearing mechanism, not a C-clamp that a local Walmart could have provided for $2.99.

I bring the car in next week and will report back. Also...curious if others are dealing with 2 other issues.

1) Squeeky arm rest on driver's door. I cannot even lean my left knee against it, as it creaks like it might if it were a '74 Pinto.

2) The carpet. Is it by design that there seems to be too much "give" in it, particularly in the back ? I have spots where I can literally press down without resistance for a solid inch or so. Hoping this is by design, so if any of you can check yours and let me know if the same, would appreciate it.

Thanks for sharing and listening.

Cherasdad
    Hello Cherasdad,

Thanks for updating us on your current situation. I am glad your dealer has received the part to fix your loose seat issue. We appreciate for your patience throughout this process. Please do keep us updated after your next dealer visit.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

tomuchwrk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Performance 2wd 24k miles

Just checking in, did we get anywhere on this yet? Why was my dealer not aware of this option?

Am bringing the car in next week to have the C-clamp put in, and to have the creaky armrest replaced as well as the loose carpet looked at. My 2.0 turbo must have gone through Quality Control on the day before Christmas. Will update after visit.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Cherasdad View Post
    Am bringing the car in next week to have the C-clamp put in, and to have the creaky armrest replaced as well as the loose carpet looked at. My 2.0 turbo must have gone through Quality Control on the day before Christmas. Will update after visit.
    Hey my built date was on Friday the 21st of Dec....so far no issues and it looks likes the Elves were still focused......

sohlman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 4 3.6 Premium

UPDATE: One month and close to 1k miles and the seat is holding strong. Again, fingers-crossed. I believe the next month will be the important one. That's when I started feeling it become loose.

Hey Cherasdad, hope the c-clamp works. Sounds underwhelming, but sometimes that's all you need to make things right.

nc-atsman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Cherasdad - we creaky seat ATS owners anxiously await your C-clamp results. I love my ATS exclusive of the seat so a success on this issue would clear my only issue. Appreciate everyone raising this issue and pushing for a fix with our colleagues at Cadillac.

sdm100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So for those in the thread who said their seat creaks I thought I had the console recall bulletin but this is what happened to me. Sounds like what many of you are experiencing

Re: Center console
    So i go in and have the console hinge replaced. Drive 2 miles out of the dealership and the squeek reappears. Well turns out the drivers seat is rubbing against the console. You cannot even fit you finger between the console and the side of the seat. So much for American craftsmanship. This would never have happened on a BMW or MB!. SO right back to dealer who now had to adjust the seat after I insisted on it being fixed. They initially told me that was the way it was designed, total f bs . I have little faith this will hold since if it in fact a design flaw how can one move the seat over without taking out the seat tracks etc. I really hate this car after 3 months of ownership. Stupid to have put faith in auto mags and reviwers. Should have stuck with " I have never owned an American car" Now i know why

dave42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6

Cherasdad - any news about the c-clamps? It would be great if they found a fix.

tomuchwrk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Performance 2wd 24k miles

Bump, 18k miles and my seat isn't fixed yet. Whats the plan here.

OK...here with an update:

SEAT ISSUE - The Technical fix is to have TWO C-clamps installed, which the dealership did. Even my Service Advisor was skeptical, and for good reason. The "fix" was ineffective. Still loose, and am in contact with the GM Service Representative who is exploring other options, namely having a field engineer come out and diagnose himself. Am beyond frustrated, as that was my 5th trip to dealership with this issue. Will keep posted.

SQUEAKY ARMREST ISSUE - Amazing. The dealership received THREE damaged replacement door panels, and told me they were investigating why they are coming in damaged. I essentially told them I don't give a rat's a** how or why they are being damaged en route, just get a new panel in. After 2 more days of delay, I finally told them to just take a panel from an existing ATS on the lot, which they did. I drove off the dealership lot, and before I hit the first red light, the squeak was there, and now worse. GM now is documenting this and looking for a solution. Maddening.

ONE MORE THING - This is the topper. During the TWO WEEKS it took to do the seat/panel "repairs" I was treated to an ATS loaner from the dealership. Never...not even to a tiny degree...did I ever feel the seat even twitch or the armrest/panel squeak.

My two cars before this were a BMW and an Audi. I believe i represent the sector GM is looking to capture with this model Cadillac. What a swing and a miss.

JayCC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I took my ATS to the dealership and they ordeed a new track for the seat,of course the part came broke and they have reordered it fr me but at least the dealership is working on it for me

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

My driver seat creaks/shifts ever so slightly laterally on turns. I'm choosing just to "deal with it" until there's a TSB. It's not thing big of a deal imo.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.