Trembling at idle - Page 8
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trembling at idle in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; funniest thing, guy I know at the plant that owns an ATS got his tuned and it doesn't tremble anymore, ...
    Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Re: Trembling at idle

funniest thing, guy I know at the plant that owns an ATS got his tuned and it doesn't tremble anymore, and it hauls ass to boot!,

while I realize many of you aren't in these cars to modify them, and, an aftermarket tune is no excuse/proper solution.... my point is, it fixed his car, so its gotta be an issue thats fixed easily. I'm still willing to bet its an A/F ratio issue. But GM needs to seriously get on this.

but either way... once I get my intake and DP made I'm getting it tuned, things gonna fly
    Hair Slinger and Hair Slinger like this.

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

Apparently this is a trait of the LTG engine.. But I believe it can be tuned..

Hair Slinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS. 2.0 turbo RWD

Remember when big motor cars like 454's didn't come with air conditioning because the motor would stumble when the air was on....or if a distributor cap was not on good, and it could not route it's voltage from the ignition coil to the spark plugs...the man who developed the distributor cap was Charles Kettering, and the first car to have it from what I understand, was a 1910 Cadillac!! So if he could do that back then.... Surely Cadillac and fix this!!! That's sort of like what I feel in this sweet little 2.0 turbo... I know it wants to
    run ... This car is beautiful, it deserves to run beautiful !!
    But something is choking it back.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

I noticed the trembling at idle almost immediately. I immediately noticed how low the idle is set. I have never owned a car with an idle that low. Luckily I have never had the full on "Shake" that some seem to have, but I only have 210 miles and less than 2 weeks in, so it may come. I am going to email my salesperson just to see if he has had others with the issue.

crash30920 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 2.0T

When I first got my car it was having the issue but only for a second or so and would go away. So I started putting in 94 octane and it went away. Now it trembles at idle and it does not stop just keeps trembling. When I had the cue update performed and told the dealership that is shakes at idle and they said that 4 cylinder engines just do that. Pretty crappy explanation. I have had nothing but 4 cylinder cars my entire life, I'm 28, and yes they might not have been the smoothest but they never trembled like this and those cars where much lower class than a Cadillac.

myronf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 turbo black/black

The one that I test drove on Sat could not have idled smoother.

goesquik is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Just felt the car violently shake for the first time last night. This is the 3rd time it has almost stalled so I dropped it off for service this morning. They just updated me and it looks like GM has a newer calibration for this issue and the service guy asked if I can keep him informed of any idle problems post update.

Hair Slinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS. 2.0 turbo RWD

Just checking in. I'm saddened by all of the issues with this car. My car rocks, stumbles, stalls, trembles, has no power.. heaven forbid I get in a traffic situation that I need to get out of, and my car have no power. Sitting in an automatic car wash Monday, about 2 mins in to sitting there, my car died.. Its getting old, it's every day now it scares me to drive it.
    My Mom has a birthday at the end of this month. Her church is throwing a surprise party for her. She lives 700 miles away.I will rent a car to drive before I drive this Cadillac ATS 2.0!!
    I read other forums where "Katie" reply's from GM. She always says to contact her. Funny they don't take my calls anymore!! only one time did anyone reply to anything I have written.
    WAKE UP CADILLAC!!!! We have a problem..it's not just me. My car has been updated, re calibrated, tightened, tires changed, bolts tightened, trunk switch replaced, auto seats tweaked and tweaked again, idle reset...the list goes on. My car is 3 months old! I have shot video of the trembles, and video of my poor little motor running, and I am sending all of this to an attorney Monday!
    Hopefully GM will step up. No new car should act like this! Especially a Cadillac!!!!! I work hard to be able to drive what I want.. I chose this car, GM has chosen ignore the security issues.
    When my insurance went up because of collision repairs for this car, that confirmed a lot for me

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hair Slinger View Post
    Just checking in. I'm saddened by all of the issues with this car. My car rocks, stumbles, stalls, trembles, has no power.. heaven forbid I get in a traffic situation that I need to get out of, and my car have no power. Sitting in an automatic car wash Monday, about 2 mins in to sitting there, my car died.. Its getting old, it's every day now it scares me to drive it.
    My Mom has a birthday at the end of this month. Her church is throwing a surprise party for her. She lives 700 miles away.I will rent a car to drive before I drive this Cadillac ATS 2.0!!
    I read other forums where "Katie" reply's from GM. She always says to contact her. Funny they don't take my calls anymore!! only one time did anyone reply to anything I have written.
    WAKE UP CADILLAC!!!! We have a problem..it's not just me. My car has been updated, re calibrated, tightened, tires changed, bolts tightened, trunk switch replaced, auto seats tweaked and tweaked again, idle reset...the list goes on. My car is 3 months old! I have shot video of the trembles, and video of my poor little motor running, and I am sending all of this to an attorney Monday!
    Hopefully GM will step up. No new car should act like this! Especially a Cadillac!!!!! I work hard to be able to drive what I want.. I chose this car, GM has chosen ignore the security issues.
    When my insurance went up because of collision repairs for this car, that confirmed a lot for me
    Its very sad your car has so many problems. I don't know when Cadillac stopped talking to you but it would happen anyway as soon as they believe it will turn into a lemon law case. Let your lawyer (I hope you got a new one recently) handle it. And definitely enter a report at NHTSA for the problems you feel are unsafe. It doesn't take that many similar reports to cause a govt safety investigation. That will help everyone. But even if yours is an isolated case or very rare case, it's still 100% for you and you deserve to get your money back if they can't fix it under the guidelines of the lemon laws where you live. ALL car models have lemons, you just were one of the unlucky buyers. Good luck.

probee773 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hair Slinger View Post
    You said you had an appointment with a different dealer last week. How did that go?

CarolinaCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo

I had a tremble at idle issue. It seems to get better the more I drive the ATS. I have a little over 1000 miles and it does it from time to time. However, I have never stalled or lost power. Hopefully it is just some sort of computer calibration that will work itself out.

Y2tony3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My sister had a Audi a4 2.0 turbo that did the exact same thing. I remember she took it to the dealer and according to them "that's what cars with a 2.0 turbo do" "it's the turbo". That was my only hesitation on buying the ats 2.0 because I hated the fact it did that. Sure enough my ats idles a lot just like the Audi. I don't think that can be fixed please correct me if I'm wrong

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Looks like there is a TSB for the tremble. Cadillac is investigating the cause it seems

https://www.ownersite.com/tsb/tsbs.c.../CADILLAC/ATS/

cathycpc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 2013 ATS that also trembles when you are at a stop. It started right after I took delivery of the car. I have had the car in twice(it is going in for the 3rd time Thursday) for this problem and both times they could not duplicate the problem. Friday morning it was so bad that it felt like it was going to die right there and at the last second everything went back to normal. The vin is D0136626. I don't know what else can be done about this. Please keep me in the loop.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by cathycpc View Post
    I have a 2013 ATS that also trembles when you are at a stop. It started right after I took delivery of the car. I have had the car in twice(it is going in for the 3rd time Thursday) for this problem and both times they could not duplicate the problem. Friday morning it was so bad that it felt like it was going to die right there and at the last second everything went back to normal. The vin is D0136626. I don't know what else can be done about this. Please keep me in the loop.
    Hello cathycpc,

I apologize that you are still experiencing issues with your ATS trembling. I looked up your VIN and I see that another one of our Cadillac Customer Care associates is working with you but they haven’t been able to get in contact with you. They have a scheduled call to you today between the hours of 430pm and 630pm EST. Could you private message me your phone number and a time that you could be reached so I can make sure it is what your agent has on file? Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing from you.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.