Trembling at idle - Page 6
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trembling at idle in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Has this been happening only to early build ATS's, or is it still happening in more recent builds? Build dates ...
    mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Re: Trembling at idle

Has this been happening only to early build ATS's, or is it still happening in more recent builds? Build dates for those who have the problem please.

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Mine is 11/12 and I do feel a little hiccup sometimes but not anything I'm worried about.

probee773 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    Has this been happening only to early build ATS's, or is it still happening in more recent builds? Build dates for those who have the problem please.
    We need build dates and a description of the problem you are having. This thread is confusing in that everyone is talking about slightly different but related issues. Here are the issues I've read about so far

1) Very light trembling at idle (this is a 4 cylinder after all and may just be how the engine operates normally at idle)
    2) Heavy, periodic trembling at idle (very infrequent; only 1 or 2 people with this issue have posted so far)
    3) Stalling after idle (not sure if trembling as well) (very infrequent; only 1 person with this issue has posted so far)
    4) Brief, periodic stumbles or hiccups at idle that almost feel like a misfire (a handful of people have posted about this issue)

Personally I have had issue #4. However, it has gotten less frequent recently. Not sure why? Perhaps this issue is ironing itself out through engine break in?

I will look at my build date and post back...

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

Where do you find the build date?

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

On the drivers door. There is a label with the build Month/Year listed.

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

Thanks bravnik. My build date is 10/12. No hiccup

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

the other day I did observe a hiccup in my engine.. nothing serious, but it dipped in RPMS (1000-500) then jumped back up.

Hair Slinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS. 2.0 turbo RWD

Yes, I had a 3.6 as a loaner this last time, and it ran excellent!! The first time they kept my 2.0 turbo... they gave me an XTS to drive, and it was amazing!!!! I believe I just got one that should not have made the cut

Dave623 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 Glacier Blue

Build 10/12 -- 2.5 engine -- brief hiccups and stumbles since getting the car in December. No stalls. Some days it never occurs. Dealer spoke with Cadillac Technical Assistance and was told Cadillac is aware of the issue and it's under investigation. As of now, no fix.

Hair Slinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS. 2.0 turbo RWD

Ok, just checked my car and it is a 10/12 2.0 turbo luxury package. RWD
    It has died 3 times. 2 of them I was sitting at a stop light, I did not have my foot on gas when it happened. My foot was on the brake. Once it happened just as I pulled into the drive through at the bank. One other time I was able to shift into neutral and rev engine a bit and it did not die, but it sure wanted to. The car rocks back and forth pretty rough before it has died. several times while either in park or drive while sitting still, it will do this. They have tightened bolts and adjusted psi and have updated QUE also. Time before last, as I was on the highway going about 75mph, I adjusted my right side mirror slightly, and both my back windows went down and my trunk popped open. Scared me to death. Just today, I went to supply store and put my items into my trunk, I got about 2 blocks down the road and I heard a click, and my QUE said my trunk was open. Again, I was in traffic with cars all around me. I got to the next exit pulled in, got out and my trunk was stuck shut! My car said it was open, but I could not open it at all. I called Onstar, they said call the dealership. I am again taking this car in for service to see if they can get my trunk open tomorrow am. So many times my trunk has popped open, but this time it wont open.. I never know what surprises my car will deliver. I do know its getting old.... I wish to be traded out It is dangerous to me.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dave623 View Post
    Build 10/12 -- 2.5 engine -- brief hiccups and stumbles since getting the car in December. No stalls. Some days it never occurs. Dealer spoke with Cadillac Technical Assistance and was told Cadillac is aware of the issue and it's under investigation. As of now, no fix.
    Dave623, that's good to know they are at least looking into it. Cadillac rep told me I was the only one who had this problem. Mine doesn't die every day.. but it does stumble a lot, plus it seems as if it' stuck in 5th gear all the time. Sluggish most of the time, and then there are times it zips like no ones business. I feel like it drove better before they started randomly tweaking things to try and fix the tremble, stumble, rocking issue.

Dave623 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 Glacier Blue

@Hair Slinger -- I feel for you and I wish you luck. I'm also dealing with a host of electrical gremlins. Some have been solved but new ones keep popping up. Re your trunk and window issues -- the 2012 Buick Lacrosse, when it first came out, had body control module issues, specifically, the G205 circuit. Trunks and windows would open by themselves, lights would go on and in some cases, the engines started by themselves in the middle of the night. Food for thought for your dealer.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

I wouldn't bury the ATS over this, its a minor issue that I'm sure will get resolved. Even if my car stalled once or twice I wouldn't flip as long as it fired back up.. on the basis that cadillac was fixing it (which I'm sure they will), we did after all buy a BRAND new car series, theres bound to be a bug that didn't get caught, and I'm ok with it as long as its minor and they're gonna fix it, its not like Toyota where the accelerators got a mind of there own.

again.. mine hasn't stalled, I just noticed a weird dip in RPM's then it came back... but other than that my car is perfect (no cue) and I really have nothing to complain about.. if anything.. I have nothing by praise for this car

my buddy got his 2.0T tuned and he said the idle stumbling i gone.. it HAS to be an A/F problem wich is EASILY fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    I wouldn't bury the ATS over this, its a minor issue that I'm sure will get resolved. Even if my car stalled once or twice I wouldn't flip as long as it fired back up.. on the basis that cadillac was fixing it (which I'm sure they will), we did after all buy a BRAND new car series, theres bound to be a bug that didn't get caught, and I'm ok with it as long as its minor and they're gonna fix it, its not like Toyota where the accelerators got a mind of there own.

again.. mine hasn't stalled, I just noticed a weird dip in RPM's then it came back... but other than that my car is perfect (no cue) and I really have nothing to complain about.. if anything.. I have nothing by praise for this car

my buddy got his 2.0T tuned and he said the idle stumbling i gone.. it HAS to be an A/F problem wich is EASILY fixed.
    I agree 100%.

My gut says that Cadillac was too aggressive with tuning the ATS for fuel economy and performance. To squeeze out a little more fuel economy they probably set the idle RPMs as low as possible which causes the engine to run just above it's rough spot and almost near it's stall zone. Should be a simple software fix for most of us.

zr1mom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Prem 2.0T AWD Black Raven Red

Except the gas mileage sucks......

Get a Prius!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.