Trembling at idle - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trembling at idle in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Rozay619 Update for everyone: I received a call from my Dealer and there is a software update ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Trembling at idle

Quote Originally Posted by Rozay619 View Post
    Update for everyone: I received a call from my Dealer and there is a software update that supposedly will correct the idle issue. Since my car is already at the dealer getting the paint worked on they are going to update the software as well. Since the idle issue is intermittent for myself, I’m sure I won’t notice anything right away. But, for those of you who frequently come across this issue, you may want to contact your local GM/Caddy dealer to see if the update is available!! I'll be sure to update later if the problem persists or is corrected!!
    Thanks for keeping us posted, Rozay! I'm looking forward to your updates, and please let me know if you would ever like assistance working with your dealer. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com or via private message.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Hair Slinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS. 2.0 turbo RWD

Hey guys.. My 2.0 turbo has been in the shop 28 days out of the. 70 days I have owned it.
    It has actually stalled out twice while at a stop light! It really rocks back and forth hard.. My dealership had said they fixed it. Then said that can not duplicate it. 4 times I have been in. Today I asked to be traded
    Out of my lease, they said sure, with 5 grand down and a payment of 700, I can upgrade to a 3.6!
    I drove my car home.. On my way home it shook 3 times while in traffic.. To the point to where
    People would stare!
    Also while adjusting my side mirrors going down the highway.. My back windows went down and my trunk popped open! I keep looking for a hidden camera thinking I'm being punked!!

CarolinaCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo

Hair Slinger I feel your pain. My ATS 2.0T has spent more time in the dealer than in my driveway. The first time they performed an update and the issue persisted. The second time they said "could not duplicate the issue " but did some torque bolt tightening/adjustments. The third time they kept it for about 4 days and said GM put a bulletin out on the issue and that did some more torque bolt tightening/adjustments. Well the issue continues and while mine has not stalled it has come incredibly close. As I have said before, other than that the car is a really nice vehicle but I am at my limit with the idle problem to the point that I have no confidence to take it on a long road trip as I fear it will stall. My dealer said they would try to put me in another vehicle but alas I have yet to hear from them. I am taking it back for the 4th time next week which at this point activates my state's lemon law. If they can't put me in something similar with no out of pocket expense I am not sure if I want to continue to have to pay for a vehicle that is has a known issue but cannot seem to be resolved. It just boggles my mind that Cadillac is not doing more to fix this issue considering how important this car is to them and GM.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Hair Slinger View Post
    Hey guys.. My 2.0 turbo has been in the shop 28 days out of the. 70 days I have owned it.
    It has actually stalled out twice while at a stop light! It really rocks back and forth hard.. My dealership had said they fixed it. Then said that can not duplicate it. 4 times I have been in. Today I asked to be traded
    Out of my lease, they said sure, with 5 grand down and a payment of 700, I can upgrade to a 3.6!
    I drove my car home.. On my way home it shook 3 times while in traffic.. To the point to where
    People would stare!
    Also while adjusting my side mirrors going down the highway.. My back windows went down and my trunk popped open! I keep looking for a hidden camera thinking I'm being punked!!
    Hair Slinger,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Please keep us posted of the results of your dealer visit. If the issue persists, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis (assisting Katie)
    Cadillac Customer Service

Carolina Caddy
    I agree! Visit number 5 for my car!! I took my car back yesterday morning. Because, while I was sitting at the bank in the drive through, my car shook like crazy, then died. I restarted it, grabbed my phone and shot video of the next few seconds after I started it..and it shook again, not as hard, but the lights on the dash flickered and the rmps went up and down a little.
    My dealership is not being helpful. Some times they don't even make a ticket, and leave out most things I tell them. I am leasing, I'm so very upset. Tomorrow I am contacting an attorney that handles Lemon Laws... such a shame.

probee773 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hair Slinger View Post
    Carolina Caddy
    I agree! Visit number 5 for my car!! I took my car back yesterday morning. Because, while I was sitting at the bank in the drive through, my car shook like crazy, then died. I restarted it, grabbed my phone and shot video of the next few seconds after I started it..and it shook again, not as hard, but the lights on the dash flickered and the rmps went up and down a little.
    My dealership is not being helpful. Now when I bring my car in, they dont even make a ticket, and leave out most things I tell them. I am leasing, and they sold my 2010 SRX right after I traded it... I'm so very upset. Tomorrow I am contacting an attorney that handles Lemon Laws... such a shame.
    They all scatter when I come in, and now they treat me as if I am lying.
    Contact Louis or Katie. They can help with the dealership issues. Also, do you have any other dealers near by?

AdamVIP is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I managed to get a pretty good sized quake out of my 2.0 this morning. Here is the scenario. The engine had only been on for about 6 min in the cold. I drove down a street at about 30 mph for less than a minute and came to a stop sign. I thought she was going to stall for sure but managed to stick it out. It was the biggest quake yet and if I had a passenger my face would have red for sure.

Looking back at when it happens its seems to be when its cold out and the motor has only been on a short time and occurs after coming to a stop.

I guess the easy fix is to warm up the car but it appears GM made a software fix per the above posts so Ill add that to the list for when I take it in for the CUE update.

sj1400 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 ESV

My sales associate received a 2.0T AWD Performance last week. I went to view the vehicle and used the remote start. Once I got in and placed the vehicle in gear I noticed the trembling. I assumed it was due to the cold weather. This particular vehicle had 70 miles on the odometer. The vehicle did not have the driver assist pkg so i passed. My salesman claimed it was ok to use regular unleaded. I explained to him that performance would be reduced. I wonder how many dealers are delivering 2.0T's with regular unleaded. Is this a factor for the trembling?

The 1st car(2.0T) I drove was started cold and we experienced no trembling.

aSr
    aSr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T

I've been having the same issue with my 2.0T, its not as bad as some of the other people on here but its noticeable. Will contact my dealership and try and get this update, maybe get the CUE update at the same time.

My thought is that this car in a 2.0 turbo was just a bad idea. When driving down the interstate, I adjusted my side mirror and my back windows went down and my trunk popped open, I was baffled. My trunk had popped open by it's self several times. I feel this car is dangerous. I hate to even say what's next.
    Today the "loaner" car i have been driving since the morning of the 9th.. that is a 3.6... after being parked in my driveway after work for about 10 mins, the trunk popped open by its self also.
    I am way over the whole ATS thing.. any of them. I am so disappointed in Cadillac/GM over this. I could have any car I want, and I picked Cadillac!! My last vehicle was a 2010 SRX Premium, and I loved it!!! I have had my ATS in the service 5 times, and now over 30 days. I am making payments on a Lemon!! Today I contacted an attorney. I have been avoided long enough. Again, I am so sad.

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Here's hoping your troubles go away and you get to go back to the things you liked about the car.

----------

Here hoping your troubles go away and you get to go back to the things you liked about the car.

----------

[QUOTE="Dave3283"]Here's hoping your troubles go away and you get to go back to the things you liked about the car.

----------

----------

Oops.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Perhaps the trembling/stalling may be due to regular gas after all. My car was delivered with a full tank of regular. It did not like low revs at all, and nearly staple a couple of times pulling into my garage. After running the tank down as far as I dared, I fill it with premium. The car really likes this better. It runs much better at low revs and pulls better, too. Didn't run it at full revs during the first tank, so I can't comment on ultimate power with regular, but I was surprised how much better it ran with premium. If those with the problems have only used regular, please try a tankful of premium before condemning the car.

As far as the trunk opening, it's usually due to something in the pocket pressing the trunk button. Happened with my CTS, too. Isolating the key fob helps; some of my pants have a fob pocket, and I never have an issue in those pants.

I always use premium gas. I've tried to be patient but now I am into my 3rd payment and still no car. I have lost my faith in Cadillac. I am being ignored, but I have been calm. Also my remote on my 2010 SRX never had an issue. In fact my SRX was a perfect vehicle. The loaner car I have is a 3.6, and the trunk has opened 2 times. ATS needs to be re evaluated!

Thank you Dave3283, it is a beautiful car, I picked it because it was loaded and beautiful, not ever once thinking I would be taking it in for so many things going wrong. I truly am heart broken over this whole thing. Today GM Cadillac division told me that no one else had any issues with the ATS. She said I was the only one she knew of. I found that odd. She told me that anyone could post anything on line. Very Very rude. I'm picking up my stalling vehicle in the morning. Again, it's very pretty, but I feel it's dangerous.

Just now found out from my insurance company that the reason my insurance has gone up is because the insurance commission has found the cadillac ats to not be as safe of a vehicle as they
    thought. Therefore my thoughts confirmed that I am in an unsafe vehicle!!!!!!! Please check with your insurance companies!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.