Trembling at idle - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trembling at idle in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by BricksATX My turbo is at the dealership now. They called today to let me know they had ...
    Rozay619 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Honda Accord / bye bye ATS LEMON

Re: Trembling at idle

Quote Originally Posted by BricksATX View Post
    My turbo is at the dealership now. They called today to let me know they had not been able to reproduce the trembling problem and that there were no bulletins out for it. I too have had my car come close to stalling when this happens. I have had it for just shy of a month.

@Cadillac Cust Svc: Anything you can do to help us get to the bottom of this would be appreciated. It seems as though the dealerships are waiting to hear that there is a problem from GM before attempting to solve it.
    Contact Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, give her your VIN and she can look up to see if in fact there is a Recall. this is what she emailed me..."! I’ve been checking my resources and doing preliminary research on your particular ATS, and I do see there is one open recall currently on your vehicle (recall number 13013)" The dealer knew about it and fixed it, it involved the turbo-to-exhaust manifold joint.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by BricksATX View Post
    @Cadillac Cust Svc: Anything you can do to help us get to the bottom of this would be appreciated. It seems as though the dealerships are waiting to hear that there is a problem from GM before attempting to solve it.
    Thank you for alerting me, Bricks! I'm so sorry you're still experiencing frustrations. While I'm unfortunately out of the office for the next two business days, my phone hotline counterparts are available for more immediate assistance Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm EST (800-458-8006). They will be able to explore the options available to you and contact your dealer on your behalf, if you wish.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

skip000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none at present

All this is enough for me to change my mind on purchasing the ATS....perhaps I should just stick to Lexus...my Lexus is trouble free, always has been from day one...But I really do like the looks of the ATS...but these message boards have really scared me away

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

LOL! The forums for any car will scare you away if you read them.

FWIW My ATS has a slight stumble at idle too. It's not unlike from when I reset the ECU in my Legacy GT. Unless it's really rough, I would not worry about it.

zr1mom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Prem 2.0T AWD Black Raven Red

Quote Originally Posted by skip000 View Post
    All this is enough for me to change my mind on purchasing the ATS....perhaps I should just stick to Lexus...my Lexus is trouble free, always has been from day one...But I really do like the looks of the ATS...but these message boards have really scared me away
    Smart move at this point the car needs at least another year or 2 to get all the bugs out.

JoshuaDav is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Turbo Premium Black Raven

I have an ATS 2.0 Turbo as well and I experience this occasionally when I come to the stop light. It's a very small tremble, enough to notice, but it stops after 1-2 seconds and I'm on my way after that.

CarolinaCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo

Well the dealer did some "updates" but could not duplicate the tremble. So I left hoping that would solve the problem. Well as of today it did not. I was again sitting at a traffic light and it did the same thing. I drove it straight to the dealer and of course no service on Saturday so it is going back Monday. I also emailed Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, with my VIN number but have yet to hear anything back. I sure hope GM can figure out what this issue is as this is the second time it goes back in three weeks. At some point I would really like to drive what is an otherwise great car.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaCaddy View Post
    Well the dealer did some "updates" but could not duplicate the tremble. So I left hoping that would solve the problem. Well as of today it did not. I was again sitting at a traffic light and it did the same thing. I drove it straight to the dealer and of course no service on Saturday so it is going back Monday. I also emailed Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, with my VIN number but have yet to hear anything back. I sure hope GM can figure out what this issue is as this is the second time it goes back in three weeks. At some point I would really like to drive what is an otherwise great car.
    Carolina, I apologize for my email delay but I have been away from the office since 2/20. I will be returning emails in the order I received them over the next two business days; so if you would like more immediate service, please don't hesitate to contact my phone hotline counterparts at our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center (contact information and hours of operation in my post above).

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

probee773 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm also having an intermittent stumble at idle that last for a 1-2 seconds. If this is happening because the idle is set low to conserve fuel, then I think this setting is too aggressive. Even though it may not damage the car to stumble periodically, it gives the impression that something is wrong with the car which is bad, especially for someone new to Cadillac and still forming first impressions. If this is an issue across the board, Cadillac should make it a priority, and it should be a quick fix. Perhaps Cadillac engineers can just reprogram the ECU to increase the RPMs at idle.

I've emailed Katie and will keep you posted. Hopefully Cadillac will move quickly on a fix for this!

This is not an idle issue something more serious then that. My car last week shook so bad I thought I was in an earthquake.

CarolinaCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo

Wow ZR1! Since I got the car on the 15th it has spent more time in the shop than I have actually had a chance to drive it. Tomorrow they want to talk about "options" like putting me in another ATS. My answer is heck no, especially if what I am experiencing is NOT an isolated issue as evident just in these forums. I just wonder how many more people who don't come here are experiencing this problem. I just hope Cadillac can fix this cause it would be a sad day if this car goes the way of the Caterra.

JoshuaDav is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Turbo Premium Black Raven

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaCaddy View Post
    Wow ZR1! Since I got the car on the 15th it has spent more time in the shop than I have actually had a chance to drive it. Tomorrow they want to talk about "options" like putting me in another ATS. My answer is heck no, especially if what I am experiencing is NOT an isolated issue as evident just in these forums. I just wonder how many more people who don't come here are experiencing this problem. I just hope Cadillac can fix this cause it would be a sad day if this car goes the way of the Caterra.
    Is it really as big of an issue as people are making it out to be? I've been getting a slight shake here and there at idle but it's nothing that's ruining the whole car for me.

probee773 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaDav View Post
    Is it really as big of an issue as people are making it out to be? I've been getting a slight shake here and there at idle but it's nothing that's ruining the whole car for me.
    I gather from the forums that there are really 2 separate issues.

1) Prolonged Idle Tremble - A small number of people are reporting that their car shakes at idle for extended periods of time. This is a major issue and should be fixed ASAP. I think the dealer offering to give you a replacement car is fair. I would go for it, especially since this issue seems to be very isolated.

2) Brief/ Periodic Idle Stumble - A few of us are reporting that our cars shake for less than a second when idling every now and again. This is a minor issue, but still should be addressed by Cadillac at some point.

Reading these forums tends to amplify the issues and they end up blown out of proportion. As someone with issue #2, I am still very happy with my ATS, but I will continue to follow up with my dealer and Cadillac until this issue is resolved.

Rozay619 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Honda Accord / bye bye ATS LEMON

Update for everyone: I received a call from my Dealer and there is a software update that supposedly will correct the idle issue. Since my car is already at the dealer getting the paint worked on they are going to update the software as well. Since the idle issue is intermittent for myself, I’m sure I won’t notice anything right away. But, for those of you who frequently come across this issue, you may want to contact your local GM/Caddy dealer to see if the update is available!! I'll be sure to update later if the problem persists or is corrected!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rozay619 View Post
    Update for everyone: I received a call from my Dealer and there is a software update that supposedly will correct the idle issue. Since my car is already at the dealer getting the paint worked on they are going to update the software as well. Since the idle issue is intermittent for myself, I’m sure I won’t notice anything right away. But, for those of you who frequently come across this issue, you may want to contact your local GM/Caddy dealer to see if the update is available!! I'll be sure to update later if the problem persists or is corrected!!

Lets hope that's true, I will be taking mine in for the cue update soon but I have my doubts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.