Trembling at idle - Page 27
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trembling at idle in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Someone with an Audi S4 report the same kind of problem, if it helps some people to live with it...
    sebounet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD performance

Re: Trembling at idle

Someone with an Audi S4 report the same kind of problem, if it helps some people to live with it

bowtie_30 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    That's great!

More detail please on what "they had the car re-learn" means.
    Sorry I am just now seeing this guys! According to my service guy, the idle was out of spec and adjusted the idle back to where it should be via the computer. I had already had all of the updates when it was still giving me problems and they had done the recall on the flywheel about a month ago.

DEVGRU is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillic ATS (Luxury)

I am having the same idle issue. I can let the car warm up to operating temperature , drive the car for any length of time, come to a complete stop in gear or in neutral and the car shakes. I have a 2013 3.6 auto rwd luxury.

unhappymeal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T

Same issue here. I've had the car for two weeks and notice the tremble at idle, regardless of whether I use 87, 91 or 94 octane gas. My car is a 2014 2.0T AWD.

BLitzkrieg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I noticed it has to do with the O2 sensor as it oscillates from rich to lean. When the mixture is very lean is when the tremble happens. There is a fix in the ECM tune that can correct it. Increasing these voltage thresholds should prevent the trembling:

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by BLitzkrieg View Post
    I noticed it has to do with the O2 sensor as it oscillates from rich to lean. When the mixture is very lean is when the tremble happens. There is a fix in the ECM tune that can correct it. Increasing these voltage thresholds should prevent the trembling:

Do dealers have this fix?

jlukavsky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Is this for 2.0L T or 3.6? I see they have the 2.0L T as a fix, but no fix for the 3.6. My problem is now my rough idle/trembling is now not just at idle, but it stutters/trembles all of the time, all the way up to 70mph.

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Good find.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

socalcaddyats is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 14 ats

I bought mine new off the lot... 2014 back in April, so I noticed it but didn't say anything. A few days after I noticed the trembling, ok wtf. So after that full tank of crap gas they gave me was gone, I filled up with Chevron, I noticed right away it wasn't as bad (keep in mind I only fill up with 91). Then did shell, got a little better, then took it all the way up to 3k miles, and its still there but alot better. I only use Chevron or Shell gas 91 only. If you use crap gas like arco, I have noticed in my first car, second car, and third, I feel the difference. So at 3k Miles (today) I took it in for an oil change. Yea they want you to do it every 7500 miles, but I figure, this car is new, it probably sat on a lot since last year in June, and they probably drove it every so often, w/o changing its oil. So I wanted that factory semi synthetic garbage out. I took it to get the oil changed, I put (have only used this in all my cars) Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic 5w-30 Oil in it. This car takes 6qts (I have the 3.6) I also bought a Mobil 1 filter on Amazon, screw it why not, notmally I don't care a filter is a filter, but I got it anyways, as its supposedly better. The second I got the car back, and took it for a drive, I noticed it was gone... It was completely gone. Now when I am at a light it feels like the car is off. Love it! Still have an issue with the alignment though, since day one it pulled to the right, and I got it re-aligned, had a flat (yes at like 1500 miles) replaced all 4 run flats with NORMAL tires, and bought a on ebay. Still pulls to the right, I am probably gonna call the dealership and tell them this is not acceptable. One other thing on this rough idle issue. I noticed that the car will do it in Park, Reverse, Drive and in Nutral, if your car does it, in all of the above execpt Neutral, its probably related to your transmission. When I shift from park to say reverse, I shift, wait a second, then start to reverse, then wehn I goto drive, I goto nutral, wait, then goto drive wait, then begin driving. I did take teh car to the dealer and told them about the rough idle, and appearantly there is a service bulletin for it, so they were like, yea its running fine. I also took it in at the same time because the ac blows hot air in one vent and cold out of another when I set it at 75, apparently, thats normal even though the loaner they gave me didn't do that. That is kinda annoying. I hope this helps you guys!

quaraong is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L

so are you saying that changing engine oil to Mobile One Fully Synthetic should get rid of the engine trembling issue?

Quote Originally Posted by socalcaddyats View Post
    I bought mine new off the lot... 2014 back in April, so I noticed it but didn't say anything. A few days after I noticed the trembling, ok wtf. So after that full tank of crap gas they gave me was gone, I filled up with Chevron, I noticed right away it wasn't as bad (keep in mind I only fill up with 91). Then did shell, got a little better, then took it all the way up to 3k miles, and its still there but alot better. I only use Chevron or Shell gas 91 only. If you use crap gas like arco, I have noticed in my first car, second car, and third, I feel the difference. So at 3k Miles (today) I took it in for an oil change. Yea they want you to do it every 7500 miles, but I figure, this car is new, it probably sat on a lot since last year in June, and they probably drove it every so often, w/o changing its oil. So I wanted that factory semi synthetic garbage out. I took it to get the oil changed, I put (have only used this in all my cars) Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic 5w-30 Oil in it. This car takes 6qts (I have the 3.6) I also bought a Mobil 1 filter on Amazon, screw it why not, notmally I don't care a filter is a filter, but I got it anyways, as its supposedly better. The second I got the car back, and took it for a drive, I noticed it was gone... It was completely gone. Now when I am at a light it feels like the car is off. Love it! Still have an issue with the alignment though, since day one it pulled to the right, and I got it re-aligned, had a flat (yes at like 1500 miles) replaced all 4 run flats with NORMAL tires, and bought a on ebay. Still pulls to the right, I am probably gonna call the dealership and tell them this is not acceptable. One other thing on this rough idle issue. I noticed that the car will do it in Park, Reverse, Drive and in Nutral, if your car does it, in all of the above execpt Neutral, its probably related to your transmission. When I shift from park to say reverse, I shift, wait a second, then start to reverse, then wehn I goto drive, I goto nutral, wait, then goto drive wait, then begin driving. I did take teh car to the dealer and told them about the rough idle, and appearantly there is a service bulletin for it, so they were like, yea its running fine. I also took it in at the same time because the ac blows hot air in one vent and cold out of another when I set it at 75, apparently, thats normal even though the loaner they gave me didn't do that. That is kinda annoying. I hope this helps you guys!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.