Trembling at idle - Page 25
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trembling at idle in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by mal7887 I am happy to report that GM has agreed to buy back my 2.5L ATS and ...
    JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Trembling at idle

Quote Originally Posted by mal7887 View Post
    I am happy to report that GM has agreed to buy back my 2.5L ATS and allow me to swap it with a 2.0T. (which is what I should have gone with in the first place) For those that are having issues contact the GM 1-800 customer service number and open a case. Be persistent, be patient, and most of all be nice to the rep! During this process, I also sent my certified lemon law claim to GM and the FLA attorney general. I'm not sure if this helped speed the process along or not, but it is also an option. Also Don't threaten them with a Lawyer or BBB, because at that point you will have no option but a lemon law claim and to work through their legal team.

Other than the engine issues with the 2.5L I love this car!

Good Luck - and THANKS GM for giving me closure on this!
    Ah, you see, this really makes me like GM even more than the fact that my car is okay. Why? Because in a future purchase, I could face what you just faced.

Just in case I ever need to know with a future GM purchase, what is the difference between sending your "certified lemon law claim to GM and [your] attorney general" and contacting your BBB? Why did GM not treat the certified lemon law claim with your attorney general as legal action, but would have considered the BBB as such and turned you over to their legal team?

Indeed, staying on good terms with GM, while making sure you protect your rights AND keep the process rapidly moving forward, is ideal!

What wonderful news!

In closing, please do help me understand the lemon law claim via attorney general versus BBB differences.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I feel the best way to get anything from GM is to always be polite and go through your dealer. I would stay away from any lemon law threats or anything else.

mal7887 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Quote Originally Posted by JavaGirl View Post
    Ah, you see, this really makes me like GM even more than the fact that my car is okay. Why? Because in a future purchase, I could face what you just faced.

Just in case I ever need to know with a future GM purchase, what is the difference between sending your "certified lemon law claim to GM and [your] attorney general" and contacting your BBB? Why did GM not treat the certified lemon law claim with your attorney general as legal action, but would have considered the BBB as such and turned you over to their legal team?

Indeed, staying on good terms with GM, while making sure you protect your rights AND keep the process rapidly moving forward, is ideal!

What wonderful news!

In closing, please do help me understand the lemon law claim via attorney general versus BBB differences.
    The "claim" I am referring to is sending a letter to General Motors via certified mail to Detroit simply notifying them of my several repair attempts, and to make arrangements for my fourth and final repair attempt. When completing this step in my state you are also required to notify the attorney general at the same time. This does not however involve the attorney general in any way, until you actually have to go to arbitration. Throughout the process when working through the GM rep, I was asked multiple times if I had retrained an attorney or contacted the BBB, which led me to believe that if I had... any progress I was making with the rep would be halted and I would have to deal with someone on their legal team.

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thank you mal7887 and JSATS. This is very useful information to have, and good advice. Of course, I hope I never need to use it...

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Back to dealer AGAIN for ROUGH idle 5th time will update on this

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Back to dealer AGAIN for ROUGH idle 5th time will update on this
    How is your lemon law case going? You should have just sold your car and moved on, it would have been cheaper than hiring a lawyer.

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Update on dealer visit told me they already installed the update in august and can't do anything more.i suggest even to the service mgr that I was told that a o2 sensor maybe running slow.he ignored my comment and said it would have posted a code.so there again no code no investigation on there part no extra effort in listening to me to at least look at each o2 sensor but no such luck.i am making every effort to work with dealer to fix but same old story. FYI I am not paying for lawyer until case is settled and still not my responsibility to pay him FYI I was very kind and gentle as prior poster had suggested and got me nothing from dealer by the way the second dealer not original hill cadillac dealer

Samalter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hi everybody, very enlightening forum.
    I've been considering an 2.0T ATS, looks and feels terrific at the car show, but having some second thoughts looking at safercar.gov and this thread. I'd appreciate your opinion about the trembling/stalling problem...has it been sufficiently fixed in the 2013? If I considered the 2014 instead, do you think would that give me a better chance of avoiding the problem?
    Thanks! Sam

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Samalter View Post
    Hi everybody, very enlightening forum.
    I've been considering an 2.0T ATS, looks and feels terrific at the car show, but having some second thoughts looking at safercar.gov and this thread. I'd appreciate your opinion about the trembling/stalling problem...has it been sufficiently fixed in the 2013? If I considered the 2014 instead, do you think would that give me a better chance of avoiding the problem?
    Thanks! Sam
    The vibration and stalling are separate problems. There is a fix for the manual transmission cars engines stalling that a forum member was working with GM on. So far it looks like the fix (engine programming) is good. There are vibration reports for all 3 engines. There are fixes for at least some but some owners say the fixes don't do enough. Obviously a 2014 is more likely to have these fixes already in place but there have been no reports of better parts in the 2014s that address these problems and the safercar.gov reports seem to support that. But both problems are limited to a small percent of cars.

sebounet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD performance

On my 2014 V6, it s very strange, it happens less and less with time or mileage. SOmetimes i can feel it in park, if i rest my knee on the trim. But i don't feel it a lot or often in the seat itself

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

sebounet, what is your curent mileage?

sebounet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD performance

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    sebounet, what is your curent mileage?
    1875 miles

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

I'm @ 5k mi and still shaking. I was hoping you were going to say 6K or anything higher than mine.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Are you guys trying any fuel injection cleaner or going for a really spirited drive once a week (Several WOT runs)? Not saying it'll fix anything but was curious.

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

5,800 on mine as still has the shake. Not terrible and not all the time though.
    GJB likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.