Trembling at idle - Page 24
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trembling at idle in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by mal7887 Update: I took my car in yesterday and was given a rental while they worked on ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Trembling at idle

Quote Originally Posted by mal7887 View Post
    Update:

I took my car in yesterday and was given a rental while they worked on my car. The dealer said a SW update was made available on 7/31/13 by GM that was to specifically address the rough idle. I picked my car up this afternoon... So far so good, however I only live five minutes from the dealer. Sine the issue was sporadic at best only time will tell if it's truly been addressed. I will update everyone in a few days. Hopefully this resolved the issue for good.
    Hello mal7887,

Thanks for posting your update after your dealer visit. I hope this solves your vehicle tremble at idle issue also! Please let us know how everything is going after you have driven your ATS around more. If there are additional concerns or questions, don't hesitate to contact us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

bluztoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 AST, 2.0T, Prem. AT, RWD

So - any 2013 sold in August would have this update?

josefelipe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Just had my second service performed; finally fixed the idle problem. My invoice included programming updates for the idle and HVAC. Throttle response is sharper as well, in standard mode at that!

Quote Originally Posted by josefelipe View Post
    Just had my second service performed; finally fixed the idle problem. My invoice included programming updates for the idle and HVAC. Throttle response is sharper as well, in standard mode at that!
    Hello josefelipe,

This is great to hear! I am sorry for all the trouble you had to go through to get the idle issue fixed. Continue to enjoy your ATS! Don't hesitate to contact us if additional concerns or questions arise.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Turbo?

mal7887 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Update 9/10/13
    So not only is the issue still not fixed, it seems to be worse at times. I took it in today Again and was told they would keep it for 3/4 days, I was given an Impala to drive. I called the Cadillac customer care 1-800 number to complain, and did the rep (Kimberly) did not seem to care at all. Her attitude suggested it was an inconvenience to talk to me. This is my first and LAST Cadillac.

Update 9/10/13
    So not only is the issue still not fixed, it seems to be worse at times. I took it in today Again and was told they would keep it for 3/4 days, I was given an Impala to drive. I called the Cadillac customer care 1-800 number to complain, and did the rep (Kimberly) did not seem to care at all. Her attitude suggested it was an inconvenience to talk to me. This is my first and LAST Cadillac.
    Hello mal7887,

I am sorry if you feel you were mistreated by a Cadillac representative. I would like the opportunity to discuss your situation with you. I understand your frustration in dealing with the trembling at idle issue, and the issue not being fixed. I am sorry you feel this way about your Cadillac vehicle based on your current situation. Please reach out via private message and include your contact information, VIN, the name and location of the dealer you are working with and a reference case number if one was created with the Cadillac customer care representative. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Get use to it my not fixed with update either

Mark 59 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS 2.0T

My 2.0t does this constantly at low RPMs (e.g., creep speeds at lights or in parking garages). It is irritating. Dealer has confirmed, but Cadillac says it is normal for a turbo. We have had other turbos without this problem.

----------

By the way, Cadillac customer care was completely unhelpful in resolving the issue. This is not how a $45,000 car should drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 59 View Post
    My 2.0t does this constantly at low RPMs (e.g., creep speeds at lights or in parking garages). It is irritating. Dealer has confirmed, but Cadillac says it is normal for a turbo. We have had other turbos without this problem.

----------

By the way, Cadillac customer care was completely unhelpful in resolving the issue. This is not how a $45,000 car should drive.
    Hello Mark 59,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your ATS and that it was considered operating as designed. I apologize that you had a bad experience with Customer Care team as well. Could you private message me your case number and VIN so I can look into this situation for you? Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Mark 59 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Mark 59,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your ATS and that it was considered operating as designed. I apologize that you had a bad experience with Customer Care team as well. Could you private message me your case number and VIN so I can look into this situation for you? Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Gregory, I appreciate the offer, but would be surprised if I get a different answer this time. My car has been to the dealer three times, for a total of 9 or 10 days. The dealer and the Cadillac care rep both told me that Cadillac would not fix my car. Apparently several other folks received the same response, as I see here. Both the care rep and the dealer have been pleasant and seemingly concerned, but neither one has been able to resolve my issue. I use only premium fuel from reputable stores and have had all software updates, yet the bucking continues. Not bad enough to give me a closed head injury, but noticeable. The dealer continues to work with me. How do I private message you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 59 View Post
    Gregory, I appreciate the offer, but would be surprised if I get a different answer this time. My car has been to the dealer three times, for a total of 9 or 10 days. The dealer and the Cadillac care rep both told me that Cadillac would not fix my car. Apparently several other folks received the same response, as I see here. Both the care rep and the dealer have been pleasant and seemingly concerned, but neither one has been able to resolve my issue. I use only premium fuel from reputable stores and have had all software updates, yet the bucking continues. Not bad enough to give me a closed head injury, but noticeable. The dealer continues to work with me. How do I private message you?
    Hello Mark 59,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Again we apologize for any trouble you are dealing with. At the top of the forum there should be a tab that says private message. From there you should be able to direct an outbox message to us at Cadillac Cust Svc. If you are having trouble with private message we can also be reached via email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I am happy to report that GM has agreed to buy back my 2.5L ATS and allow me to swap it with a 2.0T. (which is what I should have gone with in the first place) For those that are having issues contact the GM 1-800 customer service number and open a case. Be persistent, be patient, and most of all be nice to the rep! During this process, I also sent my certified lemon law claim to GM and the FLA attorney general. I'm not sure if this helped speed the process along or not, but it is also an option. Also Don't threaten them with a Lawyer or BBB, because at that point you will have no option but a lemon law claim and to work through their legal team.

Other than the engine issues with the 2.5L I love this car!

Good Luck - and THANKS GM for giving me closure on this!

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

I am happy to report that GM has agreed to buy back my 2.5L ATS and allow me to swap it with a 2.0T. (which is what I should have gone with in the first place) For those that are having issues contact the GM 1-800 customer service number and open a case. Be persistent, be patient, and most of all be nice to the rep! During this process, I also sent my certified lemon law claim to GM and the FLA attorney general. I'm not sure if this helped speed the process along or not, but it is also an option. Also Don't threaten them with a Lawyer or BBB, because at that point you will have no option but a lemon law claim and to work through their legal team.

Other than the engine issues with the 2.5L I love this car!

Good Luck - and THANKS GM for giving me closure on this!
    Good news! What color, interior, options do you want for the 2.0T?

I test drove a 2.0 performance yesterday with black exterior and interior I really like the look of the aluminum vs wood panels.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.