Trembling at idle - Page 23
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trembling at idle in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by mal7887 Greetings All, I am an 2.5 ATs owner since late July, and like many others I ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Trembling at idle

Quote Originally Posted by mal7887 View Post
    Greetings All,

I am an 2.5 ATs owner since late July, and like many others I am also experiencing this terrible issue. It's embarrassing to have people ride my car sometimes. This is my first Cadillac and also the most expensive car I have ever owned. All of the other cheaper cars I have owned previously have never had an issue like this. The rough idle seems to vary in severity consistent to what others have described with one exception. My car has actually stalled 3 times now, and each time was at a stop light as soon as I left my foot off the break. I have been to the dealer once and had another appointment this coming Tuesday. The first time they said they installed an update for the rough idle, but nothing changed. I went back today to make the appointment and they said that another update is now able to be installed that should fix the issue. I am flabbergasted that such an expensive luxury car would have such a 'basic' issue.
    mal7887,

Very sorry to hear about your concerns. Please keep us updated on this situation and do not hesitate to message us privately if additional assistance is necessary or if you have any other questions.

William R. (assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

Just putting this out there - I had a the stutter/stall issue with my 2.0T Auto. It finally triggered a MAF (Mass Air Flow) OBD2 code. Between the first service update/recall/fix/whatever and a new MAF (replaced free), I have not had an issue since.

atsShakes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats

Count me in as well. Let me know what you need form me.

QUOTE=aselvan;10775218]@ddawson,
    I have 3.6. Unfortunately, I am also living with this problem for while like few other 3.6 owners. While rattle/shake problem is not as bad as 2.5/turbo owners describe it to be, but it is very noticeable at stop light. I am still continuing to explore other options since there is not much of help from this forum (at least in my case). You can see my earlier posts in this thread [ http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...g-idle-11.html ]

----------

@Muffin,
    Are you still planing to contact the network TV?. If so, count me in (I am sure others will follow) for any support to provide additional details (i.e. a copy of the dealer work order which states something like "this is a known issue GM is working on and that there is no fix"), any other documentation, and will even make a video of my 3.6 shaking and send them if that helps. May be Caddilac will do something it this gets on the air.

You can contact me at trembling_ats@selvans.net[/QUOTE]

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ATSGIRL View Post
    This whole thread is so disappointing to read. I've had my car for four months and all car payments made were when I had loaners. My car is experiencing terrible stalling issues. It's been in 6 times in just under 4 months. My dealership wants to help me get into a new one but can't until GM gives them the green light. GM is insisting I have a data recorder installed. I have an appt tomorrow to get it done. This morning on my way to work it stalled twice. Once again I found myself stalled out in the middle of a busy intersection. I feel so unsafe in this car. Last week it was shaking so bad I pulled over on the side of the freeway and just cried. I thought for sure it was going to stall but it didn't that time. It's such a shame, we are a GM family and I'm just shocked at the customer service. Paying all this money every month for a car most of my family and friends won't drive in. I'm petrified to drive it long distances. It shakes constantly. Radios been replaced twice, vents stopped working, lights constantly flash, I can go on and on. Even with a data recorder I AM STILL THE ONE AT RISK driving this thing. I want to have faith in GM but I don't like the way this is going. I can't even count how many times I've been late to work, sat at the dealership and HOURS on phone with cadillac and GM. Thanks or letting me vent. I better get to bed, gotta get up early to make it back to the dealership before work. Soooo tired of it.
    Hey there,

What has happened to you? Did this ever get resolved, or are you still struggling with this?

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by atsShakes View Post
    Count me in as well. Let me know what you need form me.

QUOTE=aselvan;10775218]@ddawson,
    I have 3.6. Unfortunately, I am also living with this problem for while like few other 3.6 owners. While rattle/shake problem is not as bad as 2.5/turbo owners describe it to be, but it is very noticeable at stop light. I am still continuing to explore other options since there is not much of help from this forum (at least in my case). You can see my earlier posts in this thread [ http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...g-idle-11.html ]

----------

@Muffin,
    Are you still planing to contact the network TV?. If so, count me in (I am sure others will follow) for any support to provide additional details (i.e. a copy of the dealer work order which states something like "this is a known issue GM is working on and that there is no fix"), any other documentation, and will even make a video of my 3.6 shaking and send them if that helps. May be Caddilac will do something it this gets on the air.

You can contact me at trembling_ats@selvans.net
    [/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure you will get a lot of support from the viewing public who many struggle every day taking mass transit and or owning used cars. It will be like Phil Mickelson complaining about high taxes on his golf winnings. Poor guy his Cadillac shakes....Just saying

Delirious316 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5

Well since we are at it.....

Adding myself to the long list of people with this issue. Have the 2.5 engine and this issue has been going on since the last 1,000miles or so. just hit the 6,000mi mark and its just slowly getting worse and worse. ALWAYS happens right when I am about to release the brake off a traffic light. And just recently been going on at around 40mph. It just feels like a MT car going too slow at a high gear. As if it wants to turn off.

As others have posted its kinda embarrassing. Just the other day my brother was in the car and he said "What the hell was that??!" I said "ya its this trembling thing that car has". he said " wow 36k car and their is no fix for this????

I don't want to be "that guy" but I really don't want to spend countless hours at the dealer for an issue that no one seems to find a fix for :-(

ATS Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5L Black Raven
    Yup my ATS does this exact same thing. Fix this Cadillac.

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

As of today it's getting worse. And the fix was applied weeks ago.go figure 5800 miles and still have the shakes

MikeATS28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 2.0T Auto

My 2006 Sonata was completely shake free, so why do we all have this issue with a Cadillac. I love this car, but I'm starting to wonder if I made the correct car purchase.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Both my 13 and now my 14 ATS 2.0 turbos idled very smooth with no shakes or vibration. There has to be something wrong with the ones having problems. I'm pretty confident Cadillac will figure it out.

Js. You don't have a 2.5L. Do you?

----------

Hey ats mike. JSATS. Thinks your Korean car sucks. Say what did you say sonata smooth dam I thought my Kia optima was the only smooth one. But your right GM. Will figure it out AFTER rid of the 2013 2.5L shame on GM for selling the 2.5L. Knowing it had issues. Shame shame

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin
    Hey ats mike. JSATS. Thinks your Korean car sucks. Say what did you say sonata smooth dam I thought my Kia optima was the only smooth one. But your right GM. Will figure it out AFTER rid of the 2013 2.5L shame on GM for selling the 2.5L. Knowing it had issues. Shame shame
    Hey your translator isn't working..it must of stalled while typing
    Muffin likes this.

aselvan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS V6

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Yup still going because GM can't fix it so far.what sucks is this issue been since jan.are GM engineers really paying attention.what really pisses me off is that no codes so no fix.no diagnosis at all.one thing of very high interest for me the V6 hasn't been a major complaint.so maybe they accomplish the correct idles or whatever to make that smooth is this the case?
    @Muffin,
    Mine is v6 and I have this problem....may be not as bad as 4cyl turbo models, but it is there. The sad part is, it keeps getting worse slowly. I have 6500 miles on it now and started noticing vibrations getting stronger than before.

Did you give up the TV network route you mentioned few weeks ago? Just curious.

No I have not. I have filed. And waiting my 30 days according to rep. If no closure then yes it will happen I will inform you one way or the other

mal7887 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Update:

I took my car in yesterday and was given a rental while they worked on my car. The dealer said a SW update was made available on 7/31/13 by GM that was to specifically address the rough idle. I picked my car up this afternoon... So far so good, however I only live five minutes from the dealer. Sine the issue was sporadic at best only time will tell if it's truly been addressed. I will update everyone in a few days. Hopefully this resolved the issue for good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.