Trembling at idle - Page 21
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trembling at idle in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have the 2.0T with the auto transmission...
    MikeATS28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 2.0T Auto

Re: Trembling at idle

I have the 2.0T with the auto transmission

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeATS28 View Post
    I also have the rough idling problem. I purchased the car in Feb, and noticed the shake a few days after I took it home. It was so bad that the car almost stalled a few times. I took it to the dealer twice, with the first receiving some update, and the second time I was told there was nothing wrong. After a few months I still feel the shaking, and I definitely feel like it's messing with the performance of the car. There has to be some kind of fix for this!!
    Hello MikeATS28,

I apologize you have been dealing with the trembling at idle issue also. I would like to further discuss this concern with you and create a case file for you in our system. We can be contacted via private message or by Email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Same o same o. Good luck.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Does any of the 3.6 engines have this idle problem?

Dawson seems limited 3.6 from what I have experienced. 4cyl 2.5 the worst. Then turbo. Hope this helps

MASCAD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6 2013; CTS-V COUPE 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    Not mine but if you look at all the post there are a few with the V6 but they seem to be in the minority as others have said. Had essentially the same engine in the CTS that was traded and it never had any idling issues. Yes they may sound kind of funny for the first few second when starting from cold but other than that my experience is that they are smooth idling. There were some complaints about the noise from the high pressure fuel pump for the DI over in the CTS forum but haven't seen any related to that on this forum.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by MASCAD View Post

Not mine but if you look at all the post there are a few with the V6 but they seem to be in the minority as others have said. Had essentially the same engine in the CTS that was traded and it never had any idling issues. Yes they may sound kind of funny for the first few second when starting from cold but other than that my experience is that they are smooth idling. There were some complaints about the noise from the high pressure fuel pump for the DI over in the CTS forum but haven't seen any related to that on this forum.
    100% correct....no idling issues with the cts.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Dawson seems limited 3.6 from what I have experienced. 4cyl 2.5 the worst. Then turbo. Hope this helps
    Thanks, that's what I've noticed also. The 14 CTS with the 2.0 turbo, will probably have the same
    problem. The 3.6 has proven it's reliability. I love it.

Yes sir. With I could afford v6. Maybe next time

aselvan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS V6

Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    @ddawson,
    I have 3.6. Unfortunately, I am also living with this problem for while like few other 3.6 owners. While rattle/shake problem is not as bad as 2.5/turbo owners describe it to be, but it is very noticeable at stop light. I am still continuing to explore other options since there is not much of help from this forum (at least in my case). You can see my earlier posts in this thread [ http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...g-idle-11.html ]

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Well bluhaven. Muffin here I been in lemon law over a month now and nothing yet I want out also but no progress. I have made all my 5 payments like a good joe but nope nothing yet from GM to this date I have never in my 40 years of driving cars been in a situation as tough as this for a car.atsgirl we feel your pain

----------

Laura we have may every effort to be patient and we are sure reading these are not pleasant and should not be going on in a luxury brand. So we see all the replies and yet I sent you a private email about the ECM update and yet no reply back.WHY?we want this CAR OF THE YEAR to exceed but there comes a time for the big boys and big girls of GM to fix it or get us relief.Saftey and reliability is the ultimate goal of any automobile company I would think.Laura give us a hint on where do we go from here

----------

Also I have a inside source to network TV (last resort)in my area he is willing to post a story about This car if I and others can't get out of this situation.that being said i am having at 11am on 8/14/2013 a car expert to drive my ATS to confirm my troubles.then we will proceed I hope to a resolution and closure for myself ATSGIRL and others affected.any suggestions or comments would be appreciated Laura or Greg

----------

Hang in there atsgirl
    @Muffin,
    Are you still planing to contact the network TV?. If so, count me in (I am sure others will follow) for any support to provide additional details (i.e. a copy of the dealer work order which states something like "this is a known issue GM is working on and that there is no fix"), any other documentation, and will even make a video of my 3.6 shaking and send them if that helps. May be Caddilac will do something it this gets on the air.

You can contact me at trembling_ats@selvans.net

There have been reports of the CTS with a rough idle on the 3.6 too:

One example:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=170875

I do wonder if this is somehow related and your RPMs are set lower at idle?

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I had a vivid nightmare last night that my ATS had started exhibiting this bad vibration issue. I had no idea that your guys' problems with these ATS vibrating cars were bothering my subconscious mind so much. Geez... I do hope all you people do get them fixed!

Last resort yes. Still waiting on latest move from my rep and GM. Since my EXPERT has the proof if that doesn't do than yes I will supply you ASAP .i copied your email.thanks for your input.network is waiting with baited breath trust me. Matter of fact keeps texting me when can this be done we shall see

----------

My idle was raised. Still NOT fixed

----------

Java girl hi. How many miles on yours?

----------

Hey Dawson can you ask the service mgr to replace your o2 sensor. My expert claims can be the issue.just a suggestion please advise if you can have cadillac do that.i can't ask yet till my representative reviews the experts findings.figured you could get a head jump

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

There are 1200 miles on my ATS with no problems at all. I just had a nightmare last night. It seems to have been induced by reading what is happening to others.

The idle idea sounded to good to be true. I hope every single one of you get this issue resolved quickly...I'd be terrified to drive it and have been there before. (my old Deville had brake line issues and ny breaks would suddenly fail)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.