Trembling at idle - Page 20
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trembling at idle in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by jeffc83 As sad as that sounds, it's true. My dealer stated "I must have slammed my door ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Trembling at idle

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    As sad as that sounds, it's true. My dealer stated "I must have slammed my door shut" when my wood trim cracked in half. I kept complaining and told them that I would escalate the situation with someone who cares and voila, new trim piece was installed at no charge. (CTS owner, possible soon to be ATS owner here)
    Hi jeffc83,

I am sorry for the trouble with your trim issue you had to go through. I see you were able to get your trim piece replaced in your vehicle, and I am glad for this outcome. If you have any questions about a possible new vehicle purchase, don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post

Hi jeffc83,

I am sorry for the trouble with your trim issue you had to go through. I see you were able to get your trim piece replaced in your vehicle, and I am glad for this outcome. If you have any questions about a possible new vehicle purchase, don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Laura, there's a joke in there but I'm going to keep it clean here LOL

Thanks so much for your response.
    GJB likes this.

Laura, there's a joke in there but I'm going to keep it clean here LOL

Thanks so much for your response.
    Hi jeffc83,

You are welcome. Just wanted to let you know we are available to be contacted for any concerns or questions.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Laura, there's a joke in there but I'm going to keep it clean here LOL.
    If you are campaigning for Mayor of San Diego, I think you have to be a resident. LoL
    GJB likes this.

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    ^^^Lol, nice.

richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

Hello richardbbarger,

If a customer chooses to file with the Better Business Bureau, we are still unable to assist because we consider this a legal action.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks, Laura. Of course, non-Lemon Law Auto Line hearings with a volunteer BBB arbitrator are in no way "legal actions," but I suppose GM is entitled to call them whatever it wishes.

I appreciate your quick response.

atsShakes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats

I recently leased a 2.0t. I am having the same shaking issue when I come to a stop or when I am in reverse. Feels like the car is going to stall and is VERY annoying. I have brought the car into the dealership 3 times now, each time they say they fixed it and they don't. Dealer and GM act like I'm crazy and say there is nothing they can do.

It boggles me the lack of accountability from the dealership/GM and Cadillac. Every time I talk to them I am just put through circles. Looking into lemon law options and I am glad to read I am not the only person with this issue.

Any advise?

Quote Originally Posted by atsShakes View Post
    I am glad to read I am not the only person with this issue.
    I hope your car gets fixed. You need to work on your empathy though. Being glad others have any problem is not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by atsShakes View Post
    I recently leased a 2.0t. I am having the same shaking issue when I come to a stop or when I am in reverse. Feels like the car is going to stall and is VERY annoying. I have brought the car into the dealership 3 times now, each time they say they fixed it and they don't. Dealer and GM act like I'm crazy and say there is nothing they can do.

It boggles me the lack of accountability from the dealership/GM and Cadillac. Every time I talk to them I am just put through circles. Looking into lemon law options and I am glad to read I am not the only person with this issue.

Any advise?
    Hello atsShakes,

I apologize that you are experiencing the trembling in your ATS as well. Have you already spoken to our Customer Care team regarding this issue? I would be happy to contact your dealership and speak with them about this. Could you private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, dealership you have been working with, and the service advisor you have been in contact with at the dealership? Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

atsShakes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    I hope your car gets fixed. You need to work on your empathy though. Being glad others have any problem is not cool.
    You are right I am not happy others are in the same situation I am in, just glad I am not crazy like the dealership/GM make me seem like I am. it seems the lack of concern for others has already rubbed off from GM/Cadillac on to me throughout this entire ordeal.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

My new 14 2.0 idles so smooth I can't tell if it's running when the radio is on. I'm sure the rough idling some are experiencing is not normal and can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    My new 14 2.0 idles so smooth I can't tell if it's running when the radio is on. I'm sure the rough idling some are experiencing is not normal and can be fixed.
    Yeah the rough idle is pretty rare. My 2013 is the same as yours (can only tell its running by sound). But I say its a rare problem based on the number of forum complaints per cars sold compared to past problems with other cars and how common those problems were eventually documented to be. Thinking its common or rare based just on your own personal experience or internet anecdotes is meaningless.

It's completely normal for people having the problem to be very upset and to fear it won't be fixed, just human nature.

FWIW, everything I've seen points to the problem eventually getting fixed for the few that have it. Cadillac seems to be taking a studied and measured approach to the problem including issuing a TSB that appears to fix the problem for some.

But fixing it doesn't erase the justifiable upset the victims have and are experiencing. I might be angrier than they are if it happened to me, but I wouldn't be as fearful. And feeling Cadillac doesn't care is self imposed grief that actually prolongs the agony because it turns off the people involved with getting the problem resolved, the other side of that human nature coin.

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Welcome to the shake and tremor club you are not nuts crazy menatally insane this has been going on with my ats since April 16. The latest fix does solved at least mine . I have to wait on a deicision from my rep if the O2 sensor can be replaced.i am not happy on the with the responses from GM that GM has not provided there consumers honest answers on whats really going on.and to have dealership lie and treat us as idiots.its again time for GM to step up yet again and recall these cars with these issues and fix the dam thing and stop screwing us around.you think they would like to stay in business or are they just another large corp that doesn't care .you should push the law and whatever avenue you need to use.5 months and still have this ats with no positive direction

MikeATS28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 2.0T Auto

I also have the rough idling problem. I purchased the car in Feb, and noticed the shake a few days after I took it home. It was so bad that the car almost stalled a few times. I took it to the dealer twice, with the first receiving some update, and the second time I was told there was nothing wrong. After a few months I still feel the shaking, and I definitely feel like it's messing with the performance of the car. There has to be some kind of fix for this!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeATS28 View Post
    I also have the rough idling problem. I purchased the car in Feb, and noticed the shake a few days after I took it home. It was so bad that the car almost stalled a few times. I took it to the dealer twice, with the first receiving some update, and the second time I was told there was nothing wrong. After a few months I still feel the shaking, and I definitely feel like it's messing with the performance of the car. There has to be some kind of fix for this!!
    Can you post what engine (and transmission type) you have? Or better yet add it to your profile so it appears in all your posts. The rough running problem happens to all 3 engines but suggestions and feedback can be engine specific.

Dealers often make the situation worse by telling people nothing is wrong instead of they don't know what's wrong and/or just don't want to mess with it. Dealer quality is MUCH more variable than vehicle quality. Another dealer can be a night and day difference. Dealers are independent businesses and Cadillac can apply pressure but can't really make them do something the "right" way.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.