Trembling at idle - Page 19
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 409
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trembling at idle in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy Laura, how does a formal lemon law filing like Muffin stated affect what you do? ...
  1. #271
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,788

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Laura, how does a formal lemon law filing like Muffin stated affect what you do? I know some manufacturers' customer service reps disengage once the lawyers are involved.
    Hello Hoosier Daddy,

    Once a customer has involved an attorney, we are not able to further assist with the customer's case.

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  2. #272
    GJB's Avatar
    GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build Date 12/21/2012
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,181

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Hoosier Daddy,

    Once a customer has involved an attorney, we are not able to further assist with the customer's case.

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    I think the same policy should be applied to customers who are Attorneys Had to tease the lawyers....We only love them when we need a good one...

  3. #273
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Age
    65
    Posts
    4,252

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Hoosier Daddy,

    Once a customer has involved an attorney, we are not able to further assist with the customer's case.

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks.

    Can I ask a followup question? We can switch to PMs if you think its not of interest to most.

    I don't want to read too much or too little into the mention of lawyers. If a customer files a lemon law case (not some Cadillac/GM process) but does NOT hire an attorney can you still help or is the customer treated as if (s)he is acting as their own attorney? I think its of general interest because it makes a decision to file a case less like driving off a cliff if they can keep Customer Service involved by not hiring an attorney to represent them.

  4. #274
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,788

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Thanks.

    Can I ask a followup question? We can switch to PMs if you think its not of interest to most.

    I don't want to read too much or too little into the mention of lawyers. If a customer files a lemon law case (not some Cadillac/GM process) but does NOT hire an attorney can you still help or is the customer treated as if (s)he is acting as their own attorney? I think its of general interest because it makes a decision to file a case less like driving off a cliff if they can keep Customer Service involved by not hiring an attorney to represent them.
    Hi Hoosier Daddy,

    If a customer files a lemon law case, that person is still seeking legal action. Therefore it is treated as a legal case and we as customer service representatives cannot further assist.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  5. #275
    Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chichester
    Posts
    168

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Can a slow o2 sensor cause the rough idle issue?and with this question may I ask the dealer to replace even tho not throwing a code?

  6. #276
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Age
    65
    Posts
    4,252

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Can a slow o2 sensor cause the rough idle issue?
    I never heard of a "slow O2 sensor" so don't know what that means but if a sensor was not accurate it could cause rough running if the car is in closed loop at the time. As to whether they have checks and balances that would result in a code always being thrown in that case, I have no idea.

    It can't hurt to ask them to try that. It wouldn't cost them for parts to just swap sensors between a demo (that's running smooth) and your car. I don't know if Cadillac will reimburse them for doing that kind of test which might influence their "enthusiasm".

  7. #277
    GJB's Avatar
    GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build Date 12/21/2012
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,181

    Re: Trembling at idle

    And then give Scooter a good deal on the demo....
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

  8. #278
    Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chichester
    Posts
    168

    Thumbs up Re: Trembling at idle

    A gentleman stop by the car expert and hooked a computer device and ran my ats in idle and in drive the car fail the a trembling test as I knew it would and he saw this o2 sensor reading. And car reacting at same time.he is taking the gathered info and supply it to my representative.where we go from here. Another wait and see he called it a slow reacting O2 sensor

    ----------

    ATSGIRL. Have you ask or have done the O2 sensor?
    GJB likes this.

  9. #279
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Age
    65
    Posts
    4,252

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    A gentleman stop by the car expert and hooked a computer device and ran my ats in idle and in drive the car fail the a trembling test as I knew it would and he saw this o2 sensor reading. And car reacting at same time.he is taking the gathered info and supply it to my representative.where we go from here. Another wait and see he called it a slow reacting O2 sensor
    Thanks for the definition. I hope this is all it takes to fix yours.

  10. #280
    Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chichester
    Posts
    168

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Thanks appreciate the positive thought need a positive action to take place for our ats
    ATSGIRL likes this.

  11. #281
    ATSGIRL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    12

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Add a broken window regulator to my list of issues.

  12. #282
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Age
    65
    Posts
    4,252

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by ATSGIRL View Post
    Add a broken window regulator to my list of issues.
    You were probably pushing the button too hard [/bad dealer simulator]

  13. #283
    richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

    Hi Hoosier Daddy,

    If a customer files a lemon law case, that person is still seeking legal action. Therefore it is treated as a legal case and we as customer service representatives cannot further assist.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    One more question on this, Laura: what if, rather than a Lemon Law filing or other action involving a lawyer, the customer simply initiates an Auto Line complaint with the Better Business Bureau? Would customer service be able to offer continued assistance in this instance?

    As a Senior Arbitrator, I see these all the time, and it is unusual for a lawyer to be involved.

  14. #284
    jeffc83's Avatar
    jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
    You were probably pushing the button too hard [/bad dealer simulator]
    As sad as that sounds, it's true. My dealer stated "I must have slammed my door shut" when my wood trim cracked in half. I kept complaining and told them that I would escalate the situation with someone who cares and voila, new trim piece was installed at no charge. (CTS owner, possible soon to be ATS owner here)

  15. #285
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,788

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by richardbbarger View Post
    One more question on this, Laura: what if, rather than a Lemon Law filing or other action involving a lawyer, the customer simply initiates an Auto Line complaint with the Better Business Bureau? Would customer service be able to offer continued assistance in this instance?

    As a Senior Arbitrator, I see these all the time, and it is unusual for a lawyer to be involved.
    Hello richardbbarger,

    If a customer chooses to file with the Better Business Bureau, we are still unable to assist because we consider this a legal action.

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting