Trembling at idle - Page 16
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trembling at idle in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by GJB I sure hope this is the answer you and others have been looking for so fingers ...
    Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Re: Trembling at idle

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    I sure hope this is the answer you and others have been looking for so fingers crossed and looking forward to good reports...
    Well here's my take on the software fix for 2.5l. I received the said fix on tuesday 8/6/2013 I am being very very honest here. The idle has been increased and has help some But the issue hasn't been completely solved when I am at a stop lite it still trembles and shakes sometimes. Not as much but still not completely fixed i am sad to report. So I hope Laura and or Greg can take this info back to GM motor engineers.we are so so close I believe and I am hoping this will get better. Please update this if anyone else has gotten the software upgrade again I believe we are in the right direction but still not 99 percent lol. Cause nothing 100. It is better but not cured

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    we'll see they're trying to figure out that noise in the engine still

UPDATE.....getting turbo replaced on Tuesday

My Noisy Engine
    Update my car never stumbled, it's possibly because i never used regular gas, but would occasionally be rough, its smoother now..... turbo came in too late for install yesterday, i just saw it on the parts counter should be getting installed any minute now, if they let me i'll try to get pictures

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

It seems as if the 2.5 and the 2.0 has a ways to go before perfection.The 3.6 has been perfected in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    It seems as if the 2.5 and the 2.0 has a ways to go before perfection.The 3.6 has been perfected in my opinion.
    Yes. I had a xts as a rental when service was being applied to my 2.5. The v6 was flawless perfect on all aspects idle and or stopping at a lite 100 precent

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    Update my car never stumbled, it's possibly because i never used regular gas, but would occasionally be rough, its smoother now..... turbo came in too late for install yesterday, i just saw it on the parts counter should be getting installed any minute now, if they let me i'll try to get pictures
    Update....O2 sensor had been messed with (removed and re-installed before i bought car presumably when exhaust loosening recall was performed)...... exhaust was loose (guessing aforementioned recall didn't work or was never performed).....and wall separating twin inlet on turbo was cracked.

my car was a dealer trade so failed recall/TSB (Bulletin# N130013 13013) was performed on 1/24/13 @ 17 miles at another dealer. i bought car 4-1/2 months ago.

with that crack i no longer had a twin scroll...lol...driving an XTS, should visit that section of the forum

Dave623 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 Glacier Blue

UPDATE -- Just had the tremble at idle ECM update for the 2.5 engine. The issue is not 100% solved but there is a huge difference! Now, when it happens, it's very, very slight and only barely felt in the steering wheel. They also found another update for HVAC. Funny thing, though -- I also had my first oil change and tire rotation and the tire pressure monitor system won't reset. Service consultant told me to drive the car a little but after going 30 miles, it's still way off. I go back Monday morning. Oh well ..........

UPDATE 8/9/13 -- Tire pressure monitor system just reset. Took nearly 24 hours and driving roughly 50 miles. Service consultant doesn't have a clue but there's no need for a Monday appointment -- they won't find anything. With all the gremlins my car has had, nothing surprises me.

For what this is worth. I opened my 2014 Kia serrento wow this engine 4cyl shakes a lot. Yet do not feel anything in the cabin at anytime ever.so I have my ats right beside the Kia. Ats ,
    4 cyl doesn't shake half as much but yet you can feel it in the cabin. So my theory is that Kia has figured it out by putting better engine mounts and dampers so you don't feel the engine at all.greg or Laura can you pass this on. Maybe we can get this engine 100 percent. I don't think it is a software fix. Please advise. Thanks

----------

Laura/Greg I sent private email. Did you receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    For what this is worth. I opened my 2014 Kia serrento wow this engine 4cyl shakes a lot. Yet do not feel anything in the cabin at anytime ever.so I have my ats right beside the Kia. Ats ,
    4 cyl doesn't shake half as much but yet you can feel it in the cabin. So my theory is that Kia has figured it out by putting better engine mounts and dampers so you don't feel the engine at all.greg or Laura can you pass this on. Maybe we can get this engine 100 percent. I don't think it is a software fix. Please advise. Thanks

----------

Laura/Greg I sent private email. Did you receive it.
    our cars use hydraulic adjustable engine mounts that can vary the firmness and damping of the engine mounts, might want to have them look at that system and see if a line is blocked, making them too stiff
    GJB likes this.

Thanks for your thoughts are you asking me to make a service appointment or is this referenced to all ats owners pissed off. Thanks for your reply.

----------

Also wookie I be willing to make a appointment if Laura / Greg can confirm this. I believe what you are saying just hope that there is an adjustment .i am willing to try to help all of us.like I said my Kia shakes really bad matter of fact I was quite taken back because I expected it to be smooth because it hasn't vibrated or shook me at anytime.because of being brand new I never had to open the hood till today to compare.so lets see what comes of your idea. Thanks again

----------

Here is what I just discovered Cadillac uses a new vacuum-actuated hydraulic engine mount system on the ATS. Depending on engine speed, vacuum draws on a small diaphragm inside the mount itself, which in turn acts on the fluid inside. At idle, the mounts soften up to soak up as much thrash as possible. The faster the rpm, and thereby the more vacuum on hand, the stiffer the mount. So can these be fixed wookie?

----------

Idles seems smoother with update. Yet at a stop lite or siting in traffic this car tremors then catches itself then repeats again

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts are you asking me to make a service appointment or is this referenced to all ats owners pissed off. Thanks for your reply.

----------

Also wookie I be willing to make a appointment if Laura / Greg can confirm this. I believe what you are saying just hope that there is an adjustment .i am willing to try to help all of us.like I said my Kia shakes really bad matter of fact I was quite taken back because I expected it to be smooth because it hasn't vibrated or shook me at anytime.because of being brand new I never had to open the hood till today to compare.so lets see what comes of your idea. Thanks again

----------

Here is what I just discovered Cadillac uses a new vacuum-actuated hydraulic engine mount system on the ATS. Depending on engine speed, vacuum draws on a small diaphragm inside the mount itself, which in turn acts on the fluid inside. At idle, the mounts soften up to soak up as much thrash as possible. The faster the rpm, and thereby the more vacuum on hand, the stiffer the mount. So can these be fixed wookie?

----------

Idles seems smoother with update. Yet at a stop lite or siting in traffic this car tremors then catches itself then repeats again
    don't know about fix, i just put that out there because your comparison to the Kia reminded me of those high tech mounts, though it might be a topic to discuss with your service dept if you were having it looked at

Or do we move the idle up a little more. I noticed Kia idles much higher than ats. So maybe another software push on rpm may solve the trembling at stop lites Also note I had air conditioner on high in both vehicles. Kia smooth at stop lite. Ats not smooth so can we get GM to apply another say 25/50 rpm. Might do the trick any thoughts

rspitler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin
    Or do we move the idle up a little more. I noticed Kia idles much higher than ats. So maybe another software push on rpm may solve the trembling at stop lites Also note I had air conditioner on high in both vehicles. Kia smooth at stop lite. Ats not smooth so can we get GM to apply another say 25/50 rpm. Might do the trick any thoughts
    So lets all sell our ATS's and get Kia's. Apparently it's a better car. Wow.........

Did not say that kia is better just saying both have 4cyl engines. I love my ats and I want to see it exceed passed any other car out there. So don't go there. If you have better ideas genius then lets hear them. At least we are making a effort to defend a American product.
    Pp

----------

By the way I drove a xts v6. Smooth as silk. So I see you have a v6. Lucky you. Your so special

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Muffin steady, not worth you time or effort with this guy, during a discussion over HD radio it ended with me being accused of "typical resorting to name calling" (which I did). As you mentioned most people are trying to assist one another on this forum with some pretty good wise cracks for entertainment. You need to be sensitive to others opinions on this forum. Some people clearly have low T and need more fiber in their diet and we need to be extra caring kind of like a support group.

rspitler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by GJB
    Muffin steady, not worth you time or effort with this guy, during a discussion over HD radio it ended with me being accused of "typical resorting to name calling" (which I did). As you mentioned most people are trying to assist one another on this forum with some pretty good wise cracks for entertainment. You need to be sensitive to others opinions on this forum. Some people clearly have low T and need more fiber in their diet and we need to be extra caring kind of like a support group.
    So you want to bring up HD radio, again! Did I say anything wrong? No. Did I post misleading statement? No. Did I post a link to a reference? Yes. You have the problem with "low T" and can't accept the fact that there are people that might be a tad smarter than you. And it doesn't take much to get past the "tad".

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.