Trembling at idle - Page 14
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trembling at idle in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by General Lee 01 If I was a dealer, I would change out your OCV and OCV solenoid ...
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Trembling at idle

Quote Originally Posted by General Lee 01 View Post
    If I was a dealer, I would change out your OCV and OCV solenoid to see if that fixed your issue. Cheap parts and not a major repair either.
    That would be great if that took care of the majority of these problems.

-ATS- is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium

Quote Originally Posted by General Lee 01 View Post
    They in fact are different engines- different displacement and aspiration, and probably many other details as well. So the dealers are not wrong. But all 3 engines have the same variable valve timing and direct injection technologies. Almost all car companies have already made the switch to variants to these technologies with their complete lineups. This is not new.

If I was a dealer, I would change out your OCV and OCV solenoid to see if that fixed your issue. Cheap parts and not a major repair either.
    Where exactly is the OCV and OCV solenoid on the car? Thx

mcaffey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

I wish Cadillac would fix this. It is the only issue I have with my car. Other than that it has been flawless. On my car the rough idle is very intermittent. I can go quite awhile (days) before it happens, but when it happens it seems to be persistent for a bit.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mcaffey View Post
    I wish Cadillac would fix this. It is the only issue I have with my car. Other than that it has been flawless. On my car the rough idle is very intermittent. I can go quite awhile (days) before it happens, but when it happens it seems to be persistent for a bit.
    Hello mcaffey,

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue as well. If you would like to set up a case with us regarding this issue as well, please private message us. I am glad to hear that your vehicle has been flawless otherwise. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Which engine.?

Just received call from dealer claims GM now has the software fix for the trembling engine update of ECM. Can Greg and or Laura please confirm that this is true. Just need reassurance that this has come out from your view point. Thanks

----------

Hey daddy can you confirm that as of today GM has given the software updates to dealers about the trembling motors appreciate any info you can provide

Dave623 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 Glacier Blue

Just got the call from my dealer. According to my service consultant, there is now a fix for this issue for the 2.5 engine and everyone who has this engine is going to be contacted by phone or mail. My appointment is a week away on the 8th. I'll let you know how it goes.

Now -- if they can just find the cause of my intermittent electrical ground issues.

bluhaven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 luxury ATS 2.0 Turbo 6sp auto

Quote Originally Posted by Dave623 View Post
    Just got the call from my dealer. According to my service consultant, there is now a fix for this issue for the 2.5 engine and everyone who has this engine is going to be contacted by phone or mail. My appointment is a week away on the 8th. I'll let you know how it goes.

Now -- if they can just find the cause of my intermittent electrical ground issues.
    So this is just for cars with the 2.5 engine?

Kevin

Dave623 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 Glacier Blue

@bluhaven -- as far as I know, it's for the 2.5 only...at least that's what my consultant told me. Apparently, this is very new -- she said my dealership was notified this morning. You might want to call your dealer and see if they know anything. FWIW -- I pray this issue finally goes away. It's been a long nine months of shake, rattle and roll.

bluhaven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 luxury ATS 2.0 Turbo 6sp auto

I hope this solves your issue, mine did it in the cooler months but not now in the summer?

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Dave623 View Post

Hello Dave623,

I am glad you were notified by your dealer there is a fix for the 2.5 ATS trembling at idle issue. Thanks for sharing this information with everyone. I see you are going to update this thread after your appointment and let everyone know how it goes. I will be sure to be on the lookout for this message also.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Just received call from dealer claims GM now has the software fix for the trembling engine update of ECM. Can Greg and or Laura please confirm that this is true. Just need reassurance that this has come out from your view point. Thanks

----------

Hey daddy can you confirm that as of today GM has given the software updates to dealers about the trembling motors appreciate any info you can provide
    Hello Muffin,

This has just been brought to my attention today in this forum thread. I would like to check with my internal resources on your behalf and then get back with you confirming this.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Muffin,

This has just been brought to my attention today in this forum thread. I would like to check with my internal resources on your behalf and then get back with you confirming this.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Muffin, If I were you I'd camp out at the dealer like you were witing for concert tickets to go on sale

Lol won't be the only one. Laura thanks looking forward to your answer thanks

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

I sure hope this is the answer you and others have been looking for so fingers crossed and looking forward to good reports...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.